SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-21-12, 03:22 PM   #16
Kazuma
Nub

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Is a target selected for it to fire at when this happens?
Nope, I can't even make the enemy ship a target because the button is greyed out
Kazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 06:01 PM   #17
Captain_Rockwell_Torry
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default TBear, Video

Tbear, loved your video. I thought it was very good!

Regards:
Captain Rockwell Torry
Old 01-24-12, 11:31 PM   #18
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

She looks wonderful Peabody, thanks so much for the chance to give her sea trials, i will report. Beautiful ship class that, the Japanese designers made some of the finest ships of that era.
Old 01-25-12, 12:56 AM   #19
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma View Post
Just registered to say how damn amazing this mod is. I never knew there was ship mods to SH4 since yesterday.

Thanks

Edit: Just one quick question, how do I repair my ship? I can see that whole components have fallen off and turrets are not moving
Hi Kazuma,

Did the turrets work before you took damage?

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 01:02 AM   #20
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
She looks wonderful Peabody, thanks so much for the chance to give her sea trials, i will report. Beautiful ship class that, the Japanese designers made some of the finest ships of that era.
Thanks Admiral, It is basically just the stock ship. I have had some ships hanging around that were not playable in career so I just fixed that and put in some damage (still don't know a lot about the damage stuff) I like the Takao and the Kongo BB the best as far as 'looks' go, but the bridge on the Kongo needs work, it is only one sided, the outside. Inside is transparent, so that will have to have some 3D work. I set the panels two-sided in Blender, but apparently Blender and SH4 don't agree on that point.
Worked a bit on the IJN Campaign but still at a loss for time.

Take care, nice to hear from you.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 01-25-12, 02:58 AM   #21
Kazuma
Nub

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Hi Kazuma,

Did the turrets work before you took damage?
Yes they did. I managed to get them work by ending my patrol, so I guess they took too much damage? I also had the same problem with the Asashi DD but I fixed that with the "refit" option

Last edited by Kazuma; 01-25-12 at 08:18 AM.
Kazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 09:50 AM   #22
TBear
Medic

Downloads: 27

Just ended the 13th patrol yes 13 stil alive and shooting.

Since its a balance between real life and a game, i kinda tell it from a gamers side with reference to realistic or not.

Main bug for me is the suply missions, realy hope someone can help you out with that one.

The ship make you feel powerfull, but with caution. With good skills you have a tool that realy can sink ships or stand up for it self if needed. Ammo count, armour is enough to make you have fun, but deffently not enough to be king of the seas. Destroyers dont hurt you to much, manual gunning and they make nice fireworks. Light cruisers can be a problem, but again with skills you can keep fairly safe.

Heavy cruisers is where you only engage if you realy have to. Those ships and there small wolfpack of destroyers are where the gamble begins.

Battleships. You are outgunned. Out armoured, play it real safe. As a night raiderthe ship shines, exel etc etc etc. But daylight massive battle, yes she will sink, and hit by a battleships main`s she can actualy explode right up your face.

After my missions i actualy think the basic of the ship are ok. The armour seems fine, the ammo count seems fine and the damedge actualy seems pretty good. It might be "not historical" perfect, but the ship deffently provide you as a gamer a tool that put you right in the middle of things. You cant go as you go in a battleship. You can go abit further than a DD.

I have statet some time ago that heavy cruisers would be the perfect ship for surface bufs, and the Takao proof my point.

In the basic its pretty darn ok. Biggest bug are the no suply missions. If there is a bug with the main turret, leave it. It is frustrating, but that small thing keep you aware and make sure you dont get the "king of the seas" feeling.

what i would like.

yes mentioned before. More crew in crew manegement, with abit more compartments. Think the cleveland mod have what i would love for this ship. (cant you copy paste that one ??)

This ship only need abit fine tuning. I love it, and it is great fun finaly using a Japanese heavy cruiser instead of using a allied one

Hope you have more ships like this is the work shop. Personaly i love the Kongo, but in basic its a heavy cruiser with battleship guns, and the Takao are a newer design with way better specs than the Kongo. The Ise could be interesting, but again. The battleships are not fun to play through the entire war, to much shoot em up and to little caution.

TAKAO ROX!!! Dont spoil her

IJN rules, but peabody makes it float!

"TAKAO" Status: work in progress
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 04:43 PM   #23
Boos
Swabbie

Downloads: 76

Many thanks Peabody!
Boos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 08:59 PM   #24
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBear View Post
Just ended the 13th patrol yes 13 stil alive and shooting.

Main bug for me is the suply missions, realy hope someone can help you out with that one.
Like I stated before, I do not know of anyone that solved the problem. One did get them to drop supplies but CTD at Return to Base.
I thought on the first ships it was MC01 nodes but that didn't seem to fix it. I think it has something to do with the "Cmd Small Boat" in the sea file. It's class is "SpecOpsSmallBoat" and it uses the MC01_Boat characters. But I do not know the answer, so I just ignore the supply missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBear

If there is a bug with the main turret, leave it. It is frustrating, but that small thing keep you aware and make sure you dont get the "king of the seas" feeling.
I don't think it is a bug with the guns, the way it is set up I think the only turret that should be 'fixable' is the M01 which is the playable gun. since it is the only one in the upc file for the ship.

Quote:
yes mentioned before. More crew in crew manegement, with abit more compartments. Think the cleveland mod have what i would love for this ship. (cant you copy paste that one ??)
More crew is easy, just takes some time. New compartments is also easy but it means renumbering the entire UPC file, a lot of work for little gain. I did d/l the Cleveland (if it is the same one you are talking about.) and the only difference is that I eliminated the Aft torpedo room and he renamed it.

As for the copy/paste, I don't copy other people's work. And the Cleveland is built using US sub files and the Takao is built using the Uboat add on files. So a copy of the crew would be the wrong ranks, and a copy on the compartments would give the wrong equipment so it wouldn't work anyway.

Time is my big enemy right now and has been for a couple of yrs. I don't have the time anymore to spend on modding. I have an 89 yr old mother with Alzheimers and some medical problems of my own. I do the best I can. And I thank you for the input and kind words, and especially the testing you did.

Quote:
Hope you have more ships like this is the work shop. Personaly i love the Kongo, but in basic its a heavy cruiser with battleship guns, and the Takao are a newer design with way better specs than the Kongo. The Ise could be interesting, but again. The battleships are not fun to play through the entire war, to much shoot em up and to little caution.

TAKAO ROX!!! Dont spoil her
Actually I think the Kongo is my favorite and is partialy done, but the bridge need some 3D work as I mentioned to the Admiral. (But you know how Admirals are, they don't want excuses. ) Of course the Admiral knows I am joking, he has been SUPER supportive in the IJN Campaign and very encouraging. He has done a TON of research and found me lots of stuff on the internet. It was one of the first I did, and I actually put it into the "Battle off Samar" mission and called it "Kongo off Samar" and several times I took a lot of damage, and actually sank a few times. But that was a long time ago and before I knew anything about damage models.

Old 02-01-12, 11:19 PM   #25
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

Admirals also greatly respect dedication and perseverance and you come in high on both counts Peabody

I love the Kongo too, and truly the Battleship was the heart of the IJN in both spirit and intent. They yearned for a big ship battle to slug out the naval contest but never really got it, tho almost...during the attacks on Leyte Gulf... but sadly the wonderful battleship of the IJN were picked off one by one by mostly air attacks and many in home waters. I would love to see her in action.

Don't applogize about the demands of your life, that comes first, I totaly understand and all of us do too. If and when things can get wrapped up with the IJN campaign, great, but truly these things happen if and when they are supposed to. The very best naval commanders and captains know you just cant force fate and destiny, you just do your duty and trust in the outcome.
Old 02-02-12, 02:27 PM   #26
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Admirals also greatly respect dedication and perseverance and you come in high on both counts Peabody

I love the Kongo too, and truly the Battleship was the heart of the IJN in both spirit and intent. They yearned for a big ship battle to slug out the naval contest but never really got it, tho almost...during the attacks on Leyte Gulf... but sadly the wonderful battleship of the IJN were picked off one by one by mostly air attacks and many in home waters. I would love to see her in action.

Don't applogize about the demands of your life, that comes first, I totaly understand and all of us do too. If and when things can get wrapped up with the IJN campaign, great, but truly these things happen if and when they are supposed to. The very best naval commanders and captains know you just cant force fate and destiny, you just do your duty and trust in the outcome.
One of the Kongos got a battle with an American battleship, Although, she was completely powerless during night time when she faced the American radar directed fire.

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 04:29 PM   #27
Klaus
Officer

Downloads: 614

BTW Karle does exist any posibilities to emulate radar directed fire? or any metod to improve artillery precision? I think with radar assitance a BB can hit a target at 20 nm
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 04:33 PM   #28
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
BTW Karle does exist any posibilities to emulate radar directed fire? or any metod to improve artillery precision? I think with radar assitance a BB can hit a target at 20 nm
Not really. The only way is manually. Looking at the radar screen and go from there. My ships can shoot at ships beyond the players visual range. With greater accuracy than AI ships aswell.

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 03:38 AM   #29
TBear
Medic

Downloads: 27

What can i say other than

Send my beta campaign to my beta tester. Knew about bugs etc, but easyer to have someone else nail them

Used the Takao (not implementet, but as test bed since its a surface campaign)

And he loved it.

Of all the ships he have gone through so far, the Takao was the best one, simply becuase it fits perfectly with the campaign.

Sir tx tx tx

At a later stage i might ask to include it as the campaigns main player ship, but that is stil out in the distance. Your help with both campaign explanation, ship explanations and now this ship are priceless. You should recive an order for your dedication...

TBear

IJN rules, but peabody makes it float!

"TAKAO" Status: work in progress

Last edited by TBear; 02-06-12 at 03:49 AM.
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 04:51 PM   #30
peabody
Admiral

I lightened the bridge on the Takao.