Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-17, 01:50 PM   #1
omodilatta
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default newbie question:ships don't explode

Hi, I'm very newbie in sub sim.
I wonder why when I shot any weapon, no ship explodes ... the weapon crosses the ship without sinking it ...
thanks for your patience.
O

omodilatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-17, 02:13 PM   #2
speed150mph
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 35

For missiles, if the weapon is passing over the target, either your seeker enable distance is set to far out, or the missile has been decoyed by chaff/flares. Also if your running RA mod, it seems like some of the missiles sometimes don't work properly.

For torpedos, once again verify that you have set your enable distance so that the torpedo enables at least some distance before the target. Also verify that your ceiling setting is as shallow as possible. Lastly, make sure that your torpedo depth is set to less than 10M (or whatever that is in feet, as you can tell I only play Russian subs) so activate surface attack mode and wake homing in Russian torps.
Old 11-14-17, 04:14 PM   #3
A-Ganger
Sparky

Downloads: 13

Another thing on your torpedo settings. If you set depth limit and he goes below (or above it) the torpedo will never acquire the target cos it can't get to targets depth
A-Ganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-17, 05:36 PM   #4
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Also, if truth is not on, then the ship's solution that you're shooting at could be incorrect if the things mentioned in the previous posts have been checked.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 12:51 AM   #5
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

You didn't specify, but its best to learn the game by playing DW "stock" before you jump into the Reinforce Alert (RA) mod.
RA brings a much larger amount of player and AI ships plus more complexity to your weapons and their targeting.

Get some experience with DW's single missions and maybe a campaign, then move up to the RA mod.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 02:37 AM   #6
omodilatta
Nub

Downloads: 0

Thanks everybody for answering.
I am not playing with RA mod, just trying simple things while I am reading g the manual. Thanks for you help.
According with your experience what are the steps to follow for a better learning in order to play properly and enjoy the simulation without wasting time?
omodilatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 04:01 AM   #7
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

Stick with one sub at first. Pick the 688 or the Akula but then stick with it while you gain experience. Learn where your boat cavitates for a certain speed and depth. Then, get used to the different stations. Trust your auto crew at first then learn when its best to have them turned on or off (its really up to you, some players like the auto crew, some don't, many use them at the proper time as they see it). Save the Kilo for last. It has some advantages but also a lot of draw backs. Good Kilo skippers tend to have a lot of experience.

Play through some single missions at first. There's a deep secret that many of us will replay a mission many times before we get it right. The stock campaigns tend to use all of the things you learned in single missions.

Before you switch to a different class of sub, spend some time in the helo, P-3, and FFG. Learn what they're good at and where they are limited.

Above all, give yourself some time. Many of us learned by making mistakes, sometimes making many mistakes. There is no single, correct way to play DW or the later RA mod.

There's also a good community here that's ready to help you. If you have questions, just ask.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote