Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-30-08, 07:43 AM   #46
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

I see you got a new bottle of JD, congrats!

Now wtf is that dvd-case ruining the view in the foreground?
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 07:52 AM   #47
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Oh.. that's Jägermeister you daft! You call yourself a fin?! Didnt they teach you in the kindergarden how to identify different kinds of boozes?

In the other news, just tried it hastily (got Dead Space too today, so need to play that abit aswell) and it was ok. Tho, it's missing something, the world feels very plain, atleast for the 2 first german missions. The installer took AGES and ate up most of the CPU power so I was forced to read the manual.. d'uh... I bet this is a great one on MP, when they get all the bugs and crashes fixed but the 2 SP missions didnt convince me at all.

Good thing is, the sounds are as .wavs, so easy to make some cool sound mods for it.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 08:38 AM   #48
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

My brains are wired this way already: Dowly & a familiar looking bottle -> JD!
It never entered my mind why the bottle was VERY familiar looking I'm off to "refresh" my memory. I'll start with a little Skåne Akvavit, and we'll see where it goes from there...

I'll have to consider that game too, although first someone must invent a way to add more hours to the day
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 09:19 AM   #49
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I knew already it wasnt very wise to go to the woods with a tank, but this is very true in TvT.

Situation: I'm peacefully sitting on top of my Tiger, neverminding all them branches hitting my face like a baseball, because I know I can outflank the enemy by going through this forest. We're going at full speed as I'm an impatient twut. Suddenly, I see a tree straight infront of my tank.

I yell to my driver to 'TURN RIGHT'. What happens next?
a) The driver turns right and we avoid the tree, outflank the enemy and blow them away. Back in Berlin, I meet uncle-Adolf and get something for my "sore throat".
b) THE ******* TWIT TURNS RIGHT, OH YES, HE TURNS! BUT LIKE A FRICKING 1MILLIMETER!!!!

Ok, we've now struck a tree. What happens to the tank and the tree?
a) Our steel beast crushes the tree to oblivion, barely losing any speed. Again we outflank the commies etc. etc.
b) My teeny-weeny tank stops to a halt and jumps abit, while the tree falls in a nice straight fashion to it's place, not moving an inch. I order my driver to get real and drive forward, I mean, it's just a fallen tree, surely our beast can 'get over' it. But no, it's like traveling on a railroad, I try and turn to avoid another tree but nope, the trees in russia are made of titanium.

Great game by the way! :p
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 12:25 PM   #50
tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

Clearly you have not come across Russian Delta wood before what did you think they made those Yak's in IL-2 out of ?

Waited a long time for this game and it looks like most of my time is now going to be spent messing with the mission editor

Objectives are

Get rid of infantry

Add more tanks (will it be possible to drive ai tanks from third person ?)

Remove Delta wood forest's

Find some way to rig it so we are not limited to editing existing missions (although I think they pointed this out in the early interview it seems crazy not to allow the creation of new maps / missions )

Pray that we get a patch or this will go the way of the dodo
tHeBaLrOgRoCkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-08, 08:54 PM   #51
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

In the article feedback thread to simHQ's review of the game, a guy named DeVoo made these comments that in my impression tell the bitter truth about the game, and the developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVoo @ simHQ forum
Thought I'll have my 5 cents in. Good review. Objective.
I played the game and should say the developers behind it known in Russia by there "great concept & poor realisation". They are the ones behind "Whirlwind of Vietnam" - yet another unfinished product, "Fair strike" - one more game which claimed to be a sim and didn't turn out good either. Support was almost nonexistant. I doubt they will polish this one too. It came out in Russia several months earlier russian gamers complained about it's AI and strange multiplayer. Nothing was changed or ajusted... And then the game came to western market almost without any change.
Too bad.
But "Steel Fury" is indeed so much better in terms of simulaton, freedom and support.
So... Good review and poor game.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ml#Post2610778
I remember that the mentioned Vietnam game was bashed back then. The AI of TvT is repeatedly targetted in the lighthouse forum.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-06-08 at 08:55 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-08, 04:07 AM   #52
Monkwarrior
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Truth from the past is not the truth of today.
For me T34vsTiger has 1 huge advantage over Steel Fury: it has MP.
We are allready having fun with the MP, even in it's current basic state.

The game is highly moddable as it seems and I'm looking at the code right now to do some adjustments for the MP part of this game.

Apart from that I know that a patch is being made as we speak.
w'll see what it brings and until that time I invite most of you to have some MP fun with us.

More info here:
http://www.t34vtiger.com/forums/index.php

Happy tanking, Monk.
Monkwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-08, 08:03 AM   #53
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkwarrior
We are allready having fun with the MP, even in it's current basic state.
That general statement should be corrected to "some have fun with MP", since quite some other players report problems with it, or do not get it launched at all.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-07-08 at 08:04 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-08, 10:07 PM   #54
tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

Well I will agree that the developers may not have a dazzeling resume but i think this time we have at least as users been left with the tools and access to at least try and make this game what it should be.

Fact is that there is nothing, short of Red Orchestra or the now ageing Panzer Elite, out there that really gives us the online ww2 tanking experience most of us crave.

Now while I agree that it was released in a far from complete condition, and for that the developers perhaps deserve some of the comments and complaints they have received. What We do seem to have is the kit and tools necessary to at least try and deliver a ww2 tank sim that is more in keeping with the computers and technology that are available today

What I am trying to say is although currently it is by no means the product we hoped for I think given time it can be, and even if your not willing to subscribe just yet I would not write it off totaly.

Watch this space

Last edited by tHeBaLrOgRoCkS; 11-07-08 at 10:09 PM.
tHeBaLrOgRoCkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-08, 07:40 PM   #55
Skybird
Soaring

New review, somewhat hesitent to call the game a clear winner:

http://www.hookedgamers.com/articles..._t-34_vs_tiger
Old 11-20-08, 04:26 AM   #56
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
Now while I agree that it was released in a far from complete condition, and for that the developers perhaps deserve some of the comments and complaints they have received. What We do seem to have is the kit and tools necessary to at least try and deliver a ww2 tank sim that is more in keeping with the computers and technology that are available today
Really?

Let's say you purchased a Motorbike or Car
the engine runs bad, leaks oil and stalls a lot.
but HEY! the shop gave you the tools to fix that all yourself
perhaps a different price class, but same principle.

The tolerance in some of those reviews is really disturbing especially if you consider the fact its out in Russia for some time now and not a single effort has been made to fix the bugs and issues the game is plagued with before they released it to Europe
and from the looks of it they just turned their backs on the game letting the public deal with the issues.

HunterICX

Last edited by HunterICX; 11-20-08 at 04:27 AM.
HunterICX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 03:40 PM   #57
andym
Weps

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

For what its worth heres my take in the game.Visually,its great,nice tanks and scenery along with damage effects(apart from the holes in the side of the tracks,looks like a spray painted bit of perspex hung over the wheels)Good sounds and ambient atmosphere.Mission wise, some good ideas but once played and completed it leaves little to tempt you back.Its not too difficult to play or complete,apart from not being able to go any further than the 6th german mission!(keep getting CTD)Ok ot has a few bugs but then what game doesnt?I do think however that the Missions AI could be varied so that youre not playing the same mission with the enemy in the same spot as last time you olayed the mission.To sum up,its not bad but then again its not going to set the Tank sim world alight quite yet!I am waiting for Steel Fury,as that seems to be what T34 v Tiger should have been.Im not bothered about MP function.
Old 11-21-08, 05:18 PM   #58
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 135

I received my copy of TvT in the mail a few days ago. It installed correctly(I thought) with no error messages. When I selected the first mission to get acquainted with the game the mission loads normally starting with the outside camera view of my tank. The problem is the camera spins continuously around the tank. The inside views are screwed up as well. I uninstalled/re installed and the camera continues to spin although now it's spinning at a slower rate.

I read of this somewhere awhile ago and the solution to fix it but cannot find the thread now that I have the game. I checked my system 32 folder and I do have both the missing dll's that some folks are having problems with.

Anyone have any ideas? Hate to say this Skybird but perhaps I should have listened to you. I'm certainly not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling over this game yet.
Old 11-21-08, 06:28 PM   #59
ReM
Commodore

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMISENT
The problem is the camera spins continuously around the tank. The inside views are screwed up as well. I uninstalled/re installed and the camera continues to spin although now it's spinning at a slower rate.
I have the same problem with some of my games. You have a joystick plugged in? Removing the (USB) joystick usually solves the problem for me......can't tell for TvT 'cause I don't have the game.

Last edited by ReM; 11-21-08 at 06:29 PM.
ReM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 07:16 PM   #60
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 135

Actually, yeah I do. I'll unplug it and see what happens. I never thought of that.

Thanks for the suggestion.