SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-10, 10:54 AM   #1
roverdog
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Crew Management & Other Questions

I just got SH4 and am running the stock 1.5 version. So far I have only one career as a US commander. I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer.

The first concerns the training missions. How does completing these missions give you a boost when you start a new career?

Crew Management
The manual really doesn't go into much detail here, so are there any general tips on how to manage the crew? Everything seems to be run pretty smoothly without any input on my part. I'm on my fifth or sixth patrol so far. I did load up the Damage repair area with extra crewmen. Should I leave a few empty spaces here? I take it that crewman with high electrical and mechanical skills should be used here. Is one more important than the other? I also look at leadership when adding here.

What are the differences between Passive and Riposte abilities.? Can a crew member have both? If a crew member atains a passive ability, does this override their specialization? I have a Chief Petty Officer who is in charge of deck watch one who attained the radar passive ability. It says to move him to the radio room. Where is the radio room? Should I switch the CPO with someone else in the appropriate area?(It seems that this would reduce the overall ability of the deck watch as the new Petty Officer would have a different specialization)

Which areas would be best forcrewman with high Electrical, Mechanical or leadership abilities?

I have two Lieutenants who both have experiance readings of 0/20000. After 4 or 5 patrols they are the only ones with 0 experiance. This leads to another question. I tried to switch an officer when in port and couldn't as it said there were too many. What are the limits on the different ranks of officer's and petty officers? I take it you can only have so many of each.

What do I do with a wounded crew member?

Thanks in advance. I had quite a few other questions but found my answers in other posts but I'm sure I'll come up with more.

Steve

PS Once I've finished my career I'll have to check out som mods. Thanks in advance to all the hard work you've done on those.
roverdog is offline   Reply With Quote