SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-09, 12:38 PM   #31
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0

Outstanding chief!!!!!

You know your sofware is the key to all modding at this community! Wthout it creativity would suffer!

<Salute>

/OB

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
Old 10-12-09, 05:33 AM   #32
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 211

Thank you very much for the "mods prolfile load and Save" makes life very much easier for film makers, very much appreciated

This feature makes is very easy to switch between "sets" of mods between film making sessions a great addition. I have some mods which I use for internal shots and some for external and some alternative mods which clash and I am forever adding and removing mods between sessions.

Cheers

Aces
Old 10-12-09, 07:46 AM   #33
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

The mod profile feature is terrific. It makes testing a lot easier.
Old 10-20-09, 05:52 AM   #34
Starforce2
Planesman

Downloads: 25

Is this file allowed to be hosted elsewhere? If so I'd like permission to put this in our utility section one the filefront silent hunter site!
Old 10-20-09, 06:02 AM   #35
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starforce2 View Post
Is this file allowed to be hosted elsewhere? If so I'd like permission to put this in our utility section one the filefront silent hunter site!
Sure. The only terms (as outlined in the license agreement) are that the files must be hosted a) in their entirety (ie the jsgme_setup.exe file) and b) freely.

BTW, pretty swish looking FF page.
Old 11-01-09, 03:06 AM   #36
JScones
Navy Seal

Two things FYI...

1) I plan on releasing a small maintenance update in the next day or so. It's an addition of about 5 lines of code only, but it will help third-party programmers that interact with JSGME (and there are a few).

2) I'm thinking of re-doing the Help file. Yeah, "why?" you may ask considering no-one reads it, but at least if I do I'll feel more comfortable and confident responding to questions with "RTFM". JSGME has grown quite a bit since the Help file was first written and consequentially I think it has become a bit hotch-potch with subsequent additions. I welcome any suggestions on this aspect - things that may make it easier for users if included and so on.

Oh, one quick question. Currently JSGME gives an error message if you attempt to disable a mod when subsequently-enabled mods have overwritten same files. You have to then decide yourself what to do next.

My question: would it be an improvement if JSGME advised you of the problem and then gave you the option to disable the subsequently-enabled mods first, as well as the one you want to disable? For example:
Code:
"My Mod 1" cannot be disabled as "My Mod 2", "My Mod 3" has overwritten files and must be removed first.

Would you like to disable these mods?
I guess I'm just curious as to how many people would say "yes" if posed with such a warning message.
Old 11-02-09, 12:50 AM   #37
JScones
Navy Seal

JSGME v2.3.1 is now available from http://jonesoft.jaennahre.com or via JSGME's Update feature.

Changes:
  • Now writes JSGME path to JSGME.ini for use by third party apps that interact with JSGME
  • Added /l command line parameter for loading mod profiles (see Help file for usage)
General users won't notice any difference, but tools like S3D and mod installers will now be able to work again regardless of where JSGME is installed (pending changes by the respective authors of course).

Follow the same installation instructions as you did with 2.3.0.

Curiously, has anyone adopted the single central installation of JSGME? Or are you still installing separate copies?

Last edited by JScones; 11-02-09 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-02-09, 01:24 AM   #38
jumpy
Admiral

Downloads: 22

I've been using separate installations (per game directory) for several different games for quite a while now... not sure what version I'm using though... looks like v2.2.0.120.

Great bit of software fella

Might have a go with a central install - will have to figure out which games I'm using it on first though

when you’ve been so long in the desert, any water, no matter how brackish, looks like life

Old 11-02-09, 05:35 PM   #39
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
JSGME v2.3.1 is now available from http://jonesoft.jaennahre.com or via JSGME's Update feature.

Changes:
  • Now writes JSGME path to JSGME.ini for use by third party apps that interact with JSGME
  • Added /l command line parameter for loading mod profiles (see Help file for usage)
General users won't notice any difference, but tools like S3D and mod installers will now be able to work again regardless of where JSGME is installed (pending changes by the respective authors of course).

Follow the same installation instructions as you did with 2.3.0.

Curiously, has anyone adopted the single central installation of JSGME? Or are you still installing separate copies?
I'm currently using Commander with 3 three separate installations and can confirm it is working a treat

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-06-09, 03:53 PM   #40
Oneshot/Onekill
Captain

Downloads: 26

Another thorough and consiece job. DL now. Thanks Jaeson.
Old 11-07-09, 12:41 AM   #41
artao
Officer

Downloads: 144

concerning the following:

>>My question: would it be an improvement if JSGME advised you of the
>>problem and then gave you the option to disable the subsequently-enabled
>>mods first, as well as the one you want to disable? For example:

I'd put my vote in for 'YES', I think that would be very useful in keeping one's game files from become corrupted/unuseable due to frequent mod changes.

another feature I'd like to see is to include a facility for a mod description and perhaps screenshot, as it can become confusing what's what sometimes.

Alltogether tho, thanks for a GREAT product.

l8r,
artao

Old 11-07-09, 04:59 AM   #42
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by artao View Post
another feature I'd like to see is to include a facility for a mod description and perhaps screenshot, as it can become confusing what's what sometimes.

Alltogether tho, thanks for a GREAT product.

l8r,
artao
Already there. From the Help file:

Quote:
- Selecting a mod will display a brief description of the mod if the modder has provided a text file with an ".jsgme" extension in either the "documentation" folder or base folder.
and...
Quote:
- MODDERS: Add a text file to your "documentation" or base folder with the extension ".jsgme" and the contents (up to 255 characters) will be displayed to the user whenever they click on your mod within the Generic Mod Enabler's interface. This is a great way to quickly "remind" users what your mod does.
I've got to update the help file a bit as you don't need to click the mod, just hover your mouse over it.

You can also right-click a mod to view its readme files, assuming the modder has added them to a folder called "documentation". Again, from the readme:
Quote:
- Selecting a mod and right clicking will bring up a list of all files in the mod's "documentation" folder for viewing.
No images though as there's really no benefit.
Old 11-07-09, 05:27 AM   #43
artao
Officer

Downloads: 144

AWESOME! sorry, missed that I was too anxious to get into the game and check out the new (to me) GWX3!

Old 11-07-09, 11:45 AM   #44
Commander Gizmo
Watch Officer

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
You can also right-click a mod to view its readme files, assuming the modder has added them to a folder called "documentation". Again, from the readme:
No images though as there's really no benefit.
Actually, some images would be great for my skin collection. I often change skins using JSGME, but have to open each folder manually and click the images to be sure which is which.
Old 11-07-09, 04:47 PM   #45
JScones
Navy Seal

You can place image files in the mod's "documentation" folder. They'll show when you right-click on the mod name and can be opened just like other files.

Not a thumbnail view, but better than nothing.
Closed Thread