SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-09, 04:24 AM   #1546
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Also posted in TriggerMaru_Overhaul_1.7 as not sure which its relevant to:

Hi I've just started Silent hunter 4 after being away from sub sims since the original Silent Hunter when I came across this Mod.
I've installed the following:
1.) REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_1.7
2.) Hotfix 4/17 Radar Fix
3.) Binoc fix (CaptScurvy)
4.) Optional mod - RSRD By Lurker_hlb3.
But I am having trouble with getting a correct range estimate. When i drag the ghost image down to the top of the mast so as its touching the waterline of the ghost image I can see the dial turning and showing what appears to be the correct value, but when I click the LMB to set the value it changes to a smaller value (eg. I set the range to 1300yards ang when I click the mouse button it jumps down to 400yards) is there a reason for this? I end up having to create all my firing solution manually guessing and adjusting ranges.

I have tried setting the measurments in options to Imperal and Authentic (What is the difference between these?)
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 05:34 AM   #1547
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Ok think I found the answer http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=126016
which has added
Ship_Centered_Accuracy_Fix Revisions/Editions as of March 26, 2009.

Should i be playing in Authentic or Imperial measurment settings?

reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 04:17 AM   #1548
IRONxMortlock
Watch Officer

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the mod, I really like the new patrol descriptions etc. The problem is that I've played two patrols and I haven't come across a single enemy ship. I've had a couple of radio reports but these have been too far away to get to in time. I haven't has a single map reporting of a ship or convoy. I did come across a zero but that's been about as exciting as it gets.

Is something wrong here or is this just the way the mod is; almost no enemy shipping?

Thank you,

M
Kapitanleutnant Karl Brauch - 1st flotila - Sep 5 1939~
IRONxMortlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 04:47 AM   #1549
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 57

I think the shipping density is alright in the mod.

I'm playing it for 3.5 ingame years since since 2 years or so I am leading the ... err ... scoreboard thing back in base.

It mostly comes down to patience and finding the shipping lanes. I could stick around some harbours for weeks without any ship coming by and at some (like west of Rabaul - Bismarck Sea) I would encounter them frequently.

I often set a complicated, long mess of waypoints around my patrol zone and cruise along with 2/3 speed, listening to ingame music and often doing something else on the side at 512-1024x TC (depending on area and weather).
Doing that, the overall contact frequency seems to be very believable. At some patrols I meet a single ship every 1.5 days at some (rare) patrols I would use up almost all of my fuel without spotting anything.
ichso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 11:28 AM   #1550
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONxMortlock View Post
Thanks for the mod, I really like the new patrol descriptions etc. The problem is that I've played two patrols and I haven't come across a single enemy ship. I've had a couple of radio reports but these have been too far away to get to in time. I haven't has a single map reporting of a ship or convoy. I did come across a zero but that's been about as exciting as it gets.

Is something wrong here or is this just the way the mod is; almost no enemy shipping?

Thank you,

M

The shipping is there..trust me There have been times were I bag maybe 4 and other times I came back with a full load of torpedoes(not very often). Then there be that time were all hell breaks loose. The shipping is there
Old 06-09-09, 02:03 PM   #1551
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55

What AVG said. Some patrols I bag a dozen or more merchants--other times 3 or 4, once in a great while none. Be aware, late in the war ships become scarcer. Then it pays to hug the coasts.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 06:35 PM   #1552
Mr.O'Bannon
Watch

Downloads: 7

Great looking mod! Thanks!
Mr.O'Bannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 01:28 AM   #1553
IRONxMortlock
Watch Officer

Thanks guys, I guess I'll stick with it and see how it goes. Any suggested hunting grounds?

On my third patrol I came across a destroyer task force. I killed their Kuma flagship before getting pounced on by all the others; very nasty chaps indeed, especially considering I was in only 180ft of water! Is it just me or has this mod made the enemy tougher? It took a long, torturous time to sneak away from alive from that one.
Old 06-10-09, 03:09 AM   #1554
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Thanks guys, I guess I'll stick with it and see how it goes. Any suggested hunting grounds?
I've had my best luck in the Celebes Sea and the Sulu Sea. Both have 'choke points' that are pretty active (1942-1943). By 1945, you might have to be satisfied with Sampans and Fishing Boats.

BTW, the newer TMO and RSRDC combo seems to arm even those clunky old freighters with two cannon and several large caliber machine guns. Had to limp all the way back to Freemantle with 97% hull damage after getting into a shoot-out with one. Good thing I didn't have any contacts all the way back - it wasn't even safe to dive to periscope depth.

Run Silent, Run Deep
Old 06-10-09, 05:02 AM   #1555
IRONxMortlock
Watch Officer

Just had a ripper of a 4th patrol, 46,000 tons to the bottom. Hit that choke point in the Celebes between Borneo and Mindanao. I see what you mean Roger as I learnt the hard way about trying to duke it out with armed freighters!

I accepted a new command however and it sent me to Pearl. Any good places for hunting in the north?

M
Old 06-10-09, 08:40 AM   #1556
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Just had a ripper of a 4th patrol, 46,000 tons to the bottom. Hit that choke point in the Celebes between Borneo and Mindanao. I see what you mean Roger as I learnt the hard way about trying to duke it out with armed freighters!

I accepted a new command however and it sent me to Pearl. Any good places for hunting in the north?

M
See that, one of those patrols were all hell breaks loose From Pearl you will hit the east coast of Japan or get sent into the Sea of Japan. Either one you will find shipping.
Old 06-18-09, 07:42 AM   #1557
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Help. I'm trying to take part of Coral Sea. Doesn't help being in a S class with no cam or contacts. I even peeked in the ME. I've tried several places at the right time and can't find the carrier force. Maybe had it once, but I just got a dd going fast and can't catch what may have been.
Found the US TF several times and enough planes that I can't get a can barely surface more than one minute at a time.

This is the only battle I haven't seen. Any help to get me in the right position. I need to be in front.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-09, 03:15 AM   #1558
PANGI
Swabbie

Downloads: 32

please lurker,

your filefront files for 1.4 version is gone, do you think it is possible to reupload them?
PANGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 09:42 AM   #1559
Captain Birdseye
Watch Officer

Location: Sat behind my desk at BdU tapping away on my Enigma machine.
Downloads: 44

Does anyone know if any of these downloads are compatible with RFB 1.4?
Captain Birdseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 04:56 PM   #1560
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANGI View Post
please lurker,

your filefront files for 1.4 version is gone, do you think it is possible to reupload them?

I no longer have the 1.4 versions on RSRDC
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote