SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-08, 09:51 PM   #1
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default [UPDATE] SH3Speech - Speech Recognition in English & German for SH3!

All,
SHSpeech is a program written by minsc_tdp that allows you to give commands via a microphone attached to your computer into your game. Minsc originally made this program for use in SH4. Minsc and I collaborated to generate a conversion of SHSpeech for SH3, SH3Speech. Unlike other voice command programs you may have used in the past (such as Game Commander or SHOOT), SH3Speech will not only send keypresses, it will move the mouse on screen, automagically pressing the correct button or dragging the correct dial to carry out your orders!

Download the latest Version (1.01 12 March 08) of SH3Speech here (4.2 MB):
SH3Speech V 1.01

For those who have an older version of SH3Speech currently installed: Please use JSGME to remove SH3Speech_GWX or SH3Speech_OLC from your SH3 game BEFORE you install this latest version!

First and foremost, this is meant as a realism mod: On a real U-Boat, as Kaleun, you order your crew to do things, and the crew acknowledges and carries out your orders – you aren’t running about operating all the equipment yourself. That is where SH3Speech comes in. Using SH3Speech, you do the same thing a real-life submarine skipper does – you order your crew, they carry out the orders. Features include:
  • Over 5000 recognizable commands, in both English and German – if an order makes logical sense, the program will most likely understand your order
  • Commands are easily customizable to allow you to add or remove voice commands
  • Use Press to Talk key (user selectable) or “Open Mike” mode (user selectable)
  • Works in any resolution (with some simple modifications to the batch files)
  • Easy to install – "One Click Installer" to put all files in the right place and JSGME ready
    • If you have an older version of SH3Speech installed, use JSGME to remove SH3Speech_GWX or SH3Speech_OLC from SH3
    • Doubleclick on the SH3Speech_V101.exe file. Follow prompts. Enter your main SH3 folder location when prompted. The installer will overwrite older SH3Speech files and install the correct updated files
    • Open JSGME. Using JSGME, install SH3Speech_GWX or SH3Speech_OLC
    • If running SH3 at a resolution other than 1024x768, follow instructions in the installation readme to put your resolution into the correct .bat file and that's it!
  • Works with “Stock” SHIII with patch 1.4b, GWX 2.0, and GWX 2.0+OLC GUI
  • Give course commands (“Come right 30 degrees”), rudder commands (“Right 20 degrees rudder”), depth orders (“Make your depth 25 meters”, “Sehrohr tiefe!”), speed orders (“Make turns for 8 knots”), engine orders (“Wahnsinnige fahrt voraus!” or “All Ahead Flank!”) and literally thousands of other orders in either German or English.
  • Extremely immersive
  • Does not prevent use of keypresses or mouse movement
  • 18 page Interior Communications Handbook provided which lists all recognized orders
  • NEW in V 1.01! Support for commands_de.cfg included - no need for German speakers to run SH3 in English to use SH3Speech!
  • NEW in V 1.01! No need to order "I have ___ tubes" or "Reset Tubes" No more problems with synchonizing tubes! Methods provided to allow for you to have all tubes open at once (see IKH V 1.01 and/or V 1.01 FAQ)
  • NEW in V 1.01! New orders for battlestations and over 60 new / revised and more correct orders in German (thanks, Jaeger!)

Innenkommunikattionen Handbuch V 1.01 (written in English, but with German orders and pronunciation included)

SH3Speech V 1.01 Installation Readme

SH3Speech V 1.01 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

SH3Speech V 1.01 Change Log

Requirements:
  • Microsoft Speech Recognition Application 5.1 (SAPI 5.1) must be installed. Download free here: http://www.bumpersoft.com/Utilities/...9426_index.htm
  • Microphone capable of providing input to your computer via your sound card
  • SH3 stock (patch 1.4b), GWX 2, or GWX 2 + OLC GUI
Please read the readme information in the SH3Speech\docs folder!!!!

Post problems to this thread. Enjoy, Herr Kaleun!
R/
Tomcattwo

Download the latest Version (1.01 12 March 08) of SH3Speech here (4.2 MB):
SH3Speech V 1.01

Last edited by Tomcattwo; 02-07-09 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Release Update 1.01
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 10:07 PM   #2
frenema
Torpedoman

Downloads: 8

Great mod! I always wanted something like this.

Thanks alot Herr Kaleun.
frenema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-08, 12:17 AM   #3
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Holy @@$% this is a great mod. Just what the doctor ordered... hehehehe
Old 03-04-08, 02:59 AM   #4
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Default mirrored here

Mirrored here next to its shSpeech brethren

http://knepfler.com/shSpeech/SH3Speech_V100.exe

Unbelievably great work TomcatTwo!

Take notice how the download speed from my hosting business is probably faster than comcast
Old 03-04-08, 07:26 PM   #5
Tomcattwo
Loader

Frenema - no problems. Run it for a while and post what you think.

Wolfehunter - Same same. Give it a spin and let me know if you have any problems or constructive comments.
R/
TC2
Old 03-05-08, 07:37 AM   #6
Goetz von B
Sailor man

Downloads: 153
Default Don't miss this one!

I have used this mod and it is absoulutely fantastic. Don't want to see this slowly get covered up with other posts. For our german speakers and german speaker want-to- be's this is set up to recognize german commands as well. There is nothig like saying "Chief make you depth 40 meters" and have him carry it out for immersion. Do your self a favor and try this one out. Very professionally done.

Regards,

GvB
Goetz von B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 01:08 PM   #7
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

I do have a question for you. I have multiple installs. Do I have to install this mod for each game directory? Will it conflict with multiple installs?:hmm:
Old 03-05-08, 01:23 PM   #8
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
I do have a question for you. I have multiple installs. Do I have to install this mod for each game directory? Will it conflict with multiple installs?:hmm:
Same question, and can I direct the executable to install in each distinct install? To confirm the installer puts everything into the JSGME Mod folder.

Thank you!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 01:40 PM   #9
CRM114
Seaman

Downloads: 11

Wow! I can't wait to get home and try this out. Maybe I'll duck out of work a little early today..
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 02:48 PM   #10
Tomcattwo
Loader

Default How the One Click Installer Works...

Wilcke said:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter

Same question, and can I direct the executable to install in each distinct install? To confirm the installer puts everything into the JSGME Mod folder.

Thank you!
Wolfehunter: SH3Speech supports multiple installs. The one click installer allows you to select where the files will be placed. For instance, I have multiple instances of SH3 (using Multi-SH3): One is with GWX (and usually I run OLC GUI with this one), another is Stock with 1.4b. Just use the one click installer to install SH3Speech to each instance. If you're a computer savvy person, you can just install SH3Speech once, and use shortcuts to the applicable .bat file to run the version you want, as long as you install the correct version of the commads_en.cfg file using JSGME into each SH3 instance.

The one click installer installs the following folders/files wherever you specify:

- An SH3Speech folder which contains 4 subfolders and 8 batch files and an .ico file
- In folder \MODS, installs two folders (with subfolders to make 'em JSGME-ready) (SH3Speech_GWX and SH3SPeech_OLC). If you pointed the installer at your SH3 folder, that means it'll put these in your SH3\MODS folder so that the version you need is ready to be installed using JSGME.
- On your desktop, two shortcuts (to SH3Speech_GWX2.bat and to SH3Speech_OLC.bat which point to those files in the SH3Speech folder)

Basically, you only need one instance of SH3Speech to run multiple installations of SH3. BUT you must install the correct version SH3Speech_GWX or SH3Speech_OLC via JSGME into each of your SH3 instances. This ensures the right commands_en.cfg file is used with your installation when you use SH3Speech.

You see, SH3Speech runs completely independently of SH3! The only linkage between SH3Speech and SH3 lies in the commands_en.cfg file to correctly interpret the commands provided by SH3Speech. For instance, crank up SH3Speech all by itself and give some orders. You'll see the SH3Speech feedback box interpreting your orders as though it were sending them to the game (it actually IS sending keypresses to your computer, they just aren't doing anything), and will even move your mouse if the command caused mouse movement...all without SH3 even running.

Wilcke - The installer does NOT put everything in your JSGME Mods Folder: It puts a copy of SH3Speech in your MAIN SH3 folder and it puts the necessary modification folders into your JSGME Mods folder. See above for details on what gets put where.

If you're squeamish, use the one click installer to to do the install to ANY folder you name (for example C:\MyTempSH3SpeechFolder) and it will load:
Sh3Speech folder and it's subfolders and files into C:\MyTempSH3SpeechFolder
Create and load a \MODS folder with its subfolders into C:\MyTempSH3SpeechFolder
Park 2 shortcuts on your desktop pointing to: C:\MyTempSH3SpeechFolder\SH3Speech\SH3Speech_GWX2. bat and C:\MyTempSH3SpeechFolder\SH3Speech\SH3Speech_OLC.b at

So if you wanted to, you could leave SH3Speech right there and just copy the two folders from C:\MyTempSH3SpeechFolder\MODS\ and paste them into each different SH3 instance you have in the \MODS folder, install the one you use (GWX or OLC) via JSGME for each instance, and then go use SH3 for any of them.

Don't forget to change the resolution in the .bat file you use if you are using a resolution other than 1024x768.

Let us know how you made out.
R/
TC2
Old 03-05-08, 03:01 PM   #11
Einsman
Engineer

Location: In one place in the Atlantic, say A Coruńa, Galiza (Spain)
Downloads: 187

Impressive!
Einsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 03:05 PM   #12
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Aye mate, I see these bat files.

sh3speech_GWX2 (LH).bat
sh3speech_GWX2.bat
sh3speech_OLC.bat
sh3speech_OLC (LH).bat
few sh4's,

where is the default Sh3speech_stock.bat?

In the bat file below where is the link that shows the game path?
@cd dist
voice 1680x1050 SH3_GWX 1 sh3
Or that only shows in the desktop Icon.:hmm:

Or do I have to reinstall it to SH3 Stock

Right now i have installed it to GWX2

Multiple game installed directorys shows as follows,

C:\~\Ubisoft\Silenthunter3\
and
C:\`\Ubisoft\GWX_2\SH3Speech

or could I copy paste it and make a new shortcut?

Sorry if I'm asking too much. I just want it to work perfectly.
Old 03-05-08, 03:07 PM   #13
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Excellent work guys. This is a nice immersion mod!
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 03:19 PM   #14
Tomcattwo
Loader

Wolfehunter said:
Quote:

sh3speech_GWX2 (LH).bat
sh3speech_GWX2.bat
sh3speech_OLC.bat
sh3speech_OLC (LH).bat
few sh4's,

@cd dist

and

There is no SH3Speech_Stock.bat. Use SH3Speech_GWX2.bat for "stock" installations (with patch 1.4b). They work identically (with one exception: See page 13 of the IKH)

There is no link to the game path in the batch file. SH3Speech runs independently of SH3. The desktop shortcut points to the path needed to run SH3Speech, not to the path needed to run SH3. Start SH3Speech using the correct .bat file, then start SH3 as you normally would. This mod does not interfere with SH3Commander in any way.

See my post above for information on what to put where for multiple installations.
You can find the two folders within your C:\`\Ubisoft\GWX_2\SH3Speech\MODS folder named SH3Speech_GWX and SH3Speech_OLC, copy those two folders and their contents, paste them into your C:\~\Ubisoft\Silenthunter3\MODS folder, use JSGME to install SH3Speech_GWX into your C:\~\Ubisoft\Silenthunter3, and you'll be good to go. Just start SH3Speech from the desktop icon (GWX_SH3Speech), then start the version of SH3 you want to use (GWX or not) and go have a blast.

R/
TC2
Old 03-05-08, 03:48 PM   #15
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcattwo
Wolfehunter said:
Quote:

sh3speech_GWX2 (LH).bat
sh3speech_GWX2.bat
sh3speech_OLC.bat
sh3speech_OLC (LH).bat
few sh4's,

@cd dist

and

There is no SH3Speech_Stock.bat. Use SH3Speech_GWX2.bat for "stock" installations (with patch 1.4b). They work identically (with one exception: See page 13 of the IKH)

There is no link to the game path in the batch file. SH3Speech runs independently of SH3. The desktop shortcut points to the path needed to run SH3Speech, not to the path needed to run SH3. Start SH3Speech using the correct .bat file, then start SH3 as you normally would. This mod does not interfere with SH3Commander in any way.

See my post above for information on what to put where for multiple installations.
You can find the two folders within your C:\`\Ubisoft\GWX_2\SH3Speech\MODS folder named SH3Speech_GWX and SH3Speech_OLC, copy those two folders and their contents, paste them into your C:\~\Ubisoft\Silenthunter3\MODS folder, use JSGME to install SH3Speech_GWX into your C:\~\Ubisoft\Silenthunter3, and you'll be good to go. Just start SH3Speech from the desktop icon (GWX_SH3Speech), then start the version of SH3 you want to use (GWX or not) and go have a blast.

R/
TC2
Ok thanks, I tried it out. Works great. I just need to learn the commands. I had only a small delay but it was passable. I think once I've praticed it enough I won't need the keyboard all that much.

Thanks TC2