SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-17, 10:54 PM   #1
stevieshae
Yak-38M "Forger-A" Pilot

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
bullhorn My Steam Post. I Will Ask the same question On this Mature forum.

I Will make this short, I am falling in love with this game as the devs wanna give mods control while they implement, mod tools, DLC, fixes, ect. We are all looking forward to the content so I started a simple Steam post that a lot if toxic people are drowning it in. http://steamcommunity.com/app/541210...scn=1504641370

So I will ask on a more mature and less, please don't take offence or this seriously, a much less (RUSSIANS DIDN'T HAVE CARRIERS I READ IT ON WIKIPEDIA GOOGLES!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOT HISTORICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEE! NORMIES CAN'T BE HAPPY, SUBSIM IS DESTROYING THIS GAME REEEEEEEE) sorry they are pissing me off down there. Yeah someone said and I quote "Those who think Cold Water is good as it is now under subsim dont read the lines below,
Those who think Cold Water needs a Russian campaign DLC/more DLCs and Steam WorkShop with Multiplayer continue reading."

*** IN SHADOW ZONE VOODOO BLACK MAGIC SPOILER WRITING ***

At the rate subsim is killing Cold Water i dont see KillerFish wasting resources and money on costly further development,
When you can play every submarine from 1914-2017 and over 15 campaigns for free on subsim over having to spand more money on a Russian campaign DLC.
Well at lest i did not F#CK over KillerFish and have openly supported them by buying all Cold Water DLCs over using a illegal 3ed party site.-Kenberg on steam(http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074343928)

Now to my original question, So I understand we will get official DLC at some point for russian,British,ect. I mean this game is a critical hit. However I wanted to know since I am a noob to sub sims, what would the community want, that probably will be added/DLC that would benefit all players, new to submarine simulation, and veterans? Or how about DLC/Addition Content post launch that would be specific to Vets, and/or more casual new players that want a challenge but dont go full sim mode. I would really like to hear from people who live off of this genre since myself, I play DCS(full setup) and ETS2/ATS(full setup with shiftknob) and I just wanna know what I should expect, from both the modders and the community of wants/possible/probable content?
stevieshae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 11:46 PM   #2
-Pv-
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

Really hard to understand your post...

"...what would the community want...post launch that would be specific to Vets, and/or more casual new players that want a challenge but dont go full sim mode...

Why not what we have now?

There seems to be an assumption here we tell KF what to do and how to make money. You will find requests for every content idea in the universe including killer space crabs. Thousands of ideas have been not only requested but demanded here and every other game site.

If you're looking for lists of what people are requesting, there are already threads on this subject here.

I personally am more interested in reading what KF PLANS to do with the game, and what I've read so far interests me.
-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 12:02 AM   #3
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Yeah, I don't understand how SubSim could "kill" CW. If the community makes mods, no one is forced to download and install them. And KFG is certainly not under any obligation to implement anything other than what they themselves want to implement.

Personally, I enjoy CW for what it is. The devs seem to have a clear direction they want the game to go in, and I have not been disappointed so far. I haven't seen any claims that CW is supposed to be some über-accurate simulation, either.

If I could have one wish for the game granted, it would be manual navigation with a sextant. But again, CW isn't really that kind of sim...and that's just the cel-nav geek in me speaking.
Sean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 01:21 AM   #4
stevieshae
Yak-38M "Forger-A" Pilot

I was just stating that I wanted the opinion of people who know what KF can do and should do with the game they have designed. As in, what is the most realistic and makes the most sense.
Old 09-06-17, 03:24 AM   #5
GeneralGamer
Navy Dude

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 3

Killerfish is doing a great, (fantastic) job on Cold Waters. SubSim is doing a great job supporting Sub games.

I have no clue what you're trying to imply, or what you're trying to say. So confusing

Visit, like and suscribe.

is the best!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwe...1_CdFU_Mw4-SrQ

GeneralGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 04:00 AM   #6
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Downloads: 0

We embrace and support the subsim and modding communities as these folks are making additional content for Cold Waters. Some of this content might otherwise never be created as we don't have the resources to do everything.
Old 09-06-17, 08:38 AM   #7
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

I think what is occurring currently, that being KFG doing the base product and modders creating scenarios, is rather a good way. The two parts may cross lines at moments but all in all I am pleased. I am probably a middle of the "sim" road player, but I have room to adjust my play-style either way.

I have only downloaded one campaign mod and two additional single missions, but it is all good. I guess more neutral and varied missions would make it more enjoyable.

I do keep in mind that this only started a few months ago. As some subsims are still being played/developed after 10 years, CW will continue to grow and I will grow with it.

Maybe when I retire I will open a pub on the pier. I am content.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 10:16 AM   #8
stevieshae
Yak-38M "Forger-A" Pilot

Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish Games View Post
We embrace and support the subsim and modding communities as these folks are making additional content for Cold Waters. Some of this content might otherwise never be created as we don't have the resources to do everything.
What bothers me is how people target subsim and try to state that this community is telling you guys what to do and hurting your company, this community/discord is the only reason i'm playing the game, the steam forums are *******ing TOXIC and I never got help, but I went on the subsim discord, called a myday and every ship in the fleet responded. That meant so much to me that these *******s saying, "Well subsim is wrecking everything, now KF cant make DLC!" No in my opp. You guys can look at what the modders do and base it off that and make it better. It just makes me sad to see such a great community get stigmas thrown at it for no reason, ive yet to see a flame war on here, just people helping and discussing with others.
Old 09-06-17, 10:37 AM   #9
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

I'm not worried. Most of the discussions on steam is OK, it's just a few vocal ones that cause trouble from time to time. I can tell you that KFG spend equal time both here on subsim and steam so voices from both sides are heard. While suggestions here tends to tilt more toward better realism in game here and KFG have made some changes on that respect, most of it is basically make more game mechanics accessible to modders. The core game remains every accessible to beginners.

As to killing DLC/Expansion sales. I think you will find that most people here will support any official KFG DLC/Expansion even if they already exist in mods in returns to KFG's support of the community.

Last edited by Wiz33; 09-06-17 at 10:47 AM.
Wiz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 11:28 AM   #10
-Pv-
The Old Man

"...KF can do and should do with the game they have designed. As in, what is the most realistic and makes the most sense..."

In who's opinion? KillerFish obviously.
Whatever they want. I bought the game based on what they've done so far.

"...What bothers me is how people target subsim and try to state that this community is telling you guys what to do and hurting your company..."

KF has stated their position. No guessing here.

All you have to do is read here (as anyone else in other forums can do) and decide for yourself and take the responsibility yourself to call out those specific persons who are labeling camps of supporters with broad brushes to support their claims with specific examples where an outlandish feature was requested here on Subsim, then added by KillerFish. Case in point where multiplayer is "demanded" on other forums which I doubt has much support here. Does that prevent KF from doing it? If they do and (and it will be because they can afford it and adds to the game rather than a knee jerk reactionism) then I'll just take it in stride.

What this looks like to me is childish envy (my forum is better than your forum.) I have visited here and Steam and KF is active on both.

Remember the developer claims this game to be a RedStormRising-like game. Many of us here played that game and we know if it is or isn't. So far it is in my opinion.

This idea that one forum camp or another controls KF is an outlandish and unreasoned claim. As an emotional appeal to get a thread count up using inflammatory mud slinging, most of us so-called "mature" members will recognize this and stop participating.

-Pv-
Old 09-06-17, 12:31 PM   #11
Skyhigh
A-ganger

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1

Some people on Steam seem to think that fanmade mods are hurting potential business for Killerfish. Taking away earning potential.
And that's why they are against Subsim.

Crazy
Skyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 12:46 PM   #12
-Pv-
The Old Man

"Crasy"

Crazy indeed. Historically, modding is the lifeblood of the long life of every successful modern game. If KF didn't think so, they would not have included the ability. It seems impossible to me this modding reasoning could retain or gain traction. If there was any validity to it at all, they are accusing the wrong people since KF implemented the feature. This also makes it easier for KF themselves to improve the game without having to recode it which is far more expensive than scripting or editing text file variables.

I still think this is forum envy using a desperate argument.
-Pv-
Old 09-06-17, 01:00 PM   #13
Skyhigh
A-ganger

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1

A quote from the Steam forum (from the thread linked to by OP):

"Subsim in a way has killed Cold Water's development future why pay 5$-15$ for a Russian DLC campaign and or more ships/subs when you can play 15+ campaigns and all the subs from ww1-today for free on subsim."

The same knowledgeable fan however later continues to say he has always supported Cold Waters DLC and never *******d Killergish over by using a 3rd party illegal site.

Last edited by Skyhigh; 09-06-17 at 01:14 PM.
Skyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 01:22 PM   #14
-Pv-
The Old Man

So, he's accusing subsim of distributing 15+ WWI campaigns for other game(s) as an argument people will not pay for a CW Russian DLC which isn't even available?
non sequitur

Honest gamers will pay for quality content. These are the customers every game developer wants. Modding keeps new customers paying for the base game to get the mod content for years after the developers stop supporting the game.

-Pv-
Old 09-06-17, 01:36 PM   #15
bandit484
Medic

Downloads: 523
SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
A quote from the Steam forum (from the thread linked to by OP):

"Subsim in a way has killed Cold Water's development future why pay 5$-15$ for a Russian DLC campaign and or more ships/subs when you can play 15+ campaigns and all the subs from ww1-today for free on subsim."

The same knowledgeable fan however later continues to say he has always supported Cold Waters DLC and never *******d Killergish over by using a 3rd party illegal site.
the guy that posted this on STEAM forums saying that SUBSIM is an illegal 3rd party site is obviously a MORON and as such deserves to be ignored lol.
bandit484 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mature, question, steam, sub-mariners, toxic