SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-11-18, 01:39 PM   #16
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 & Mods

Continued -
I followed the rest of your instr regarding the Mods - when I ran JSGME it ran as you described - I have TMO & The Berbster moved from left col to right and a list of other mods - not major mods but just added missions.

Thanks
Larry
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 01:47 PM   #17
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If you have Steam managing things, and it launches the SH4 game fine, then it's not the DirectX v9.0c that has to be installed - you should be fine there. However, which version of the game do you have? Steam, for whatever licensing-with-Ubisoft reason that they have, still sells v1.3 of the game. Very few mods can be found that will run in that. The Ubisoft v1.4 update will not install in a Steam version of the game, so you have to use the Steam v1.5 of the game (aka: Uboat Missions Add-on) to update it fully, and be able to run most of the mods... You cannot use anyone else's version of the Uboat Missions. It has to be Steam's. The strange thing is, if you look at their little slide show on their site, they are showing screen shots from v1.5 on the v1.3 page, with a German sub in several of the shots... - Anyway, if you need to update to the Uboat Missions, do so, and then follow Peter's advice from above, and use his mix of Webster's GFO. It's easier to deal with, and THEBERBSTER has all of the steps spelled-out for you. Even ~I~ didn't get confused doing it (that's saying something), and GFO is really nice...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 01:55 PM   #18
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Whoops! You answered while I typed! Just a little warning about using multiple mods - they usually mess up your game, unless you know how to merge files together. You are better off using one or the other, and only the one "mega-mod" at a time. After you finish checking-out GFO, de-activate it in JSGME, then you can activate TMO. Each time you change mods, you should empty the Save Game folder, which defaults to "C:\Users \YourName \Documents \SH4". Otherwise, the mods "pollute" your save data, and / or the save data pollutes your game...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steam, steam sh4