SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-20-09, 04:51 PM   #16
rosentorf
A-ganger

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

GIMMIGIMMIGIMMI!
rosentorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 04:51 PM   #17
rcjonessnp175
Weps

Downloads: 82

Not a single FPS hit on me, and im running RFB also, loving the return of the super algae. I doubt i would get a fps hit ill have to give her a try on my laptop later.

JOnesy

The mother ship,Coolermaster HAF, I7 intel overclock 4ghz, , 6gb mem, 5870 crossfire, soundblaster Xfi titanium , Oh and 52 inch samsung 750 120hz. 7.1 onkyo 1200 wattss system
rcjonessnp175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 04:54 PM   #18
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Simply AWESOME, only two remarks so far:

1) Using stock UBM, all Real Environment parts installed, no other mods installed, F11 camera view freezes and I have to shut down SH4

2) A matter of personal and entirely subjective impression (Take it with TWo grains of salt): The water animation is a bit too fast. Yes I know it is more or less that fast in real life (Spent this last week by the sea BTW) but in the computer screen everything looks different, and I feel a bit slower would give an even better feel. That said, the animation is objetively CORRECT, and I have no complaints about it
Old 03-20-09, 04:56 PM   #19
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Does it work with TMO....Rumors are you're talking to Ducimas about it, but not sure what's going on. If it's comparable to the one in FORS, that was amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
Great news! Any way to run this with RFB befor the latest version is ready? Unless of course it'll be ready in the near future

Hi Armistad and Fish, the environment part of the mod works fine with all other major mods, including RFB and TM, but the work we did to make the submarine have a more realistic roll in storm and make a sound when it hits the waves wont work with those mods and the camera file will not work with RFB or TM.

Try the rest and lets wait to see if Ducimus will make one final mod with the RE mod in it, that was what he said to me for 3 months ago The RFB release should be just around the corner.

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 05:00 PM   #20
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Kriller, if I wanted to use this with the current RFB, what would the install order be, and what would I screw up? Thanks for yours and Clear's great work
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 05:00 PM   #21
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriller2 View Post
and lets wait to see if Ducimus will make one final mod with the RE mod in it, that was what he said to me for 3 months ago
I am sure he will add it in k2

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 05:07 PM   #22
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio View Post
Hi Kriller2 and w_clear,

could I pursuade you to sign up in
http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/

and make a release post here:
http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru....php?board=5.0

The mod can be hosted at the same place as alternative to FF.
I can upload it for you, or you can get ftp access, whatever suits you the best.
A few mods besides my own are allready hosted, so why not just do the same...?

Another thing, a modding affair. As Kriller2 knows, I was trying to work on the clouds myself, and I have made some textures plus modified two of your cloud files. I have however noticed that in my current result the clouds are greyed out too soon, and I would like the grey out effect to be closer to the horisont. Can you tell me where to work on this? I doubt it is the fault of the textures. I have made my own small adjustments of the scene.dat file, but looking in it, I'm not really sure exactly where to look. A hint would be appreciated.
Hi Carotio, Yes offcause we can allso add the mod to your site.

Regarding the modding affair the place you need to look to is in the envatl.dat in the node that says something about haze and in the scene at the node that says "clouds" in there are some controllers which decide how many times the clouds should be tiled across the sky and how strong it should reflect in the ocean etc.

There is however a very dificult issue to deal with when working with the clouds, which is a time consuming task to get to work, because the engine strecthes the clouds different at different times of day and this is controlled in the envatl.dat

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 05:10 PM   #23
602Sqn_Puff
Ensign

Downloads: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by 602Sqn_Puff View Post
Ouch..FPS has dropped from constant 60 to only 10 with the Nav training mission..........going back to RFB stock
Ok found the answer, this mod definately doesn't like any Ansiotropic filtering, it kills the FPS dead, if anyone has trouble with low FPS, switch the AF to application and it will run great.
602Sqn_Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 05:11 PM   #24
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Be sure to host it here as well: New SUBSIM Downloads

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 07:03 PM   #25
jimbob
Ensign

Downloads: 365
Uploads: 6

Sweet.

Thnx.
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 07:21 PM   #26
Vikinger
Captain

Downloads: 44

Really nice mod. I think its the most realistic envirovment we can get out of this game.

I have tons of mods installed. TMO+RSRD+RUIM and other standalone things.

I installed the 1, 2 and 4 and in middle of a patrol and it worked fine.
But iam not sure what the 2 install will do to my submarines. But i find it out :rotfl:

There are a few concerns however.

1. Limb holes is nearly back to stock so i installed the lesser limb holes mod after and that sorted out the "waterfall" from the holes

2. Did the submarine files change anything how they lay in the water?
It seams the submarine (porpoise current) is floating on the waves/sea.
I would love to se so they go a bit deeper rather than popping like a cork. This is most noticable when there is heavy sea.

3. Iam sorry to say this but the Fog is way to much. (this is my major concern that maybe do so i roll back)

I was on a night patrol. Weather report said wind 10, fog light.
i had picked up a meerchant and planned for an attack.
I had him at 600 Meters range and raised my attack scope only to find out that i couldnt se him. went to the night scope and he was impossible to spot.
I surfaced and i couldnt even find him whit my eyes nor the watch crew.

Iwent to free cam mod and tracked him and i could barely se him at distance of aprox 100-150 meters. And all this was in light fog.

I gived up the target and waited for the sunset.

When the sun was up i zoomed up from my sub to check how far i could spot my self. from the above i noticed i circle around my sub that was about 400 meter in diameter. Everything outside that circle was impossible to se like water surface.

I wonder how heavy fog would be if light fog behave like this :rotfl:

Later on when the weather was calm and no fog reported there was still fog but the visibility had increased.
I hope you look into this

But i couldnt resist to take a picture when there was light fog in the morning sun. It looks real nice

Thanks for a wonderful mod and hope you dont get mad at me cuz of my concerns

Vikinger.
Old 03-20-09, 08:10 PM   #27
Vikinger
Captain

Here is a picture of the fog iam talking about.
As you se there isnt much visibility beyond that "circle".

And it didnt matter if i had volumetric fog on or off.

And if iam real picky, fog rarely happend when there are high wind speed. As a former fisherman we had only fog on real calm weather. :P

Vikinger.
Old 03-20-09, 08:29 PM   #28
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Simply AWESOME, only two remarks so far:

1) Using stock UBM, all Real Environment parts installed, no other mods installed, F11 camera view freezes and I have to shut down SH4

2) A matter of personal and entirely subjective impression (Take it with TWo grains of salt): The water animation is a bit too fast. Yes I know it is more or less that fast in real life (Spent this last week by the sea BTW) but in the computer screen everything looks different, and I feel a bit slower would give an even better feel. That said, the animation is objetively CORRECT, and I have no complaints about it
I need to hear more feedback later, and then adjust. Thanks
W_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 08:57 PM   #29
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 111

2. Did the submarine files change anything how they lay in the water?
It seams the submarine (porpoise current) is floating on the waves/sea.
I would love to se so they go a bit deeper rather than popping like a cork. This is most noticable when there is heavy sea.

-------------->I will test the adjustment.

3. Iam sorry to say this but the Fog is way to much. (this is my major concern that maybe do so i roll back)

I was on a night patrol. Weather report said wind 10, fog light.
i had picked up a meerchant and planned for an attack.
I had him at 600 Meters range and raised my attack scope only to find out that i couldnt se him. went to the night scope and he was impossible to spot.
I surfaced and i couldnt even find him whit my eyes nor the watch crew.

Iwent to free cam mod and tracked him and i could barely se him at distance of aprox 100-150 meters. And all this was in light fog.

I gived up the target and waited for the sunset.

When the sun was up i zoomed up from my sub to check how far i could spot my self. from the above i noticed i circle around my sub that was about 400 meter in diameter. Everything outside that circle was impossible to se like water surface.

---------------------------------------->
I know the fog light and fog heavy same problem. I have tried a lot of ways, but have failed.I hope to be able to find a better way to solve this problem.
W_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 09:11 PM   #30
Vikinger
Captain

Thx for your replie W-Clear. I appreciate it.

Concerning the fog. What files are involved in that?

I might gona use some other files untill you have fixed it.

There are so many lovely things about this mod so i will use it but the fog driving me nuts hehe