SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-19, 08:51 PM   #1
patton610
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default manual tdc issues or bug?

I dont know if there is a bug in fall of the rising sun or if I just forgot something . In vanilla sh4 i was ... competent. But even in the sub school scenarios I am missing.
my steps are as follows
1. identify the ship and turn on the tdc
2. aim at the target ship and select it for tracking with the tracking button in the torpedo tube selection panel on right. align the horizontal marks of the periscope
3. use stadimeter to determin ship hight, send to tdc
4. set angle on bow send to tdc
5. repeat 3/4 send to tdc
6. use these values to determine speed using the button on the top left of the speed set wheel. send to tdc
7. I usually press the send to tdc button each time i'm about to fire a torpedo ... i dont know if this is required but i like to cover my bases since I have no been able to determine what is going on. it is hard to diagnose where the error lies because the fall of the rising sun mod limits eternal views so i cant see if all my torps are going to the same spot or different ones base on updated targeting solutions. either way they are not hitting. not going under not duds etc just not making the interception point in any way.
patton610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-19, 09:41 PM   #2
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Are you hitting the Q key to open outer doors at least 5 seconds before firing, or letting the automatic door program open them? I always hit Q then W to cycle through the tubes, making sure the message window says "opening tube 1, opening tube 2, etc" as soon as I'm in attack position. If I let the automatic door open the tubes for me, there's a five second or so lag and the shots miss behind the target every time.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 08:22 PM   #3
patton610
Swabbie

Thought of something else ... I may not be allowing enough time to elapse for a good plot. In ever shot I've made the little lock button in the torpedo panel has read poor even on 90 degree shots . Judt thought it was bugged by the mod. But it might be that not enough time had elapsed between data inputs
Old 05-21-19, 11:22 PM   #4
patton610
Swabbie

Well now I'm even more confused I managed to it the cruiser in the school scenario but the tdc was spitting out all sorts of odd values. My sub was stationary I hit the cruiser with two torps that brought it to a stop. I sat there and did repeated observations and used the generate speed button on the tdc input control. One came out 21 knots others between 6 and 8 on a stationary target my main values and range values did not change. I switched off the tdc meaning that the light on the left console was no longer red ..... and it started generating speed zero solutions. .... this makes no sense to me.