SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-19, 09:27 PM   #1
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19
Default Refit cheats

Just uploaded two mods, one that just adds refuel/refit bases nearer the enemy;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5476

And the other same new bases, plus one more base that replaces Pearl Harbor as a starting point for that career. Anyone tired of that long long slog across the Pacific and back should love this;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5477

EXTENDER is not a land base, it's a task force with a sub tender and tanker guarded by heavy cruisers and destroyers. The other two, FREEDOM and LIBERTY are on islands. The LOCKWOOD mod has these three plus the LOCKWOOD base on a small island, 700 miles from Japan, where the Pearl Harbor career starts and ends.

Last edited by Sniper297; 04-24-19 at 09:48 PM.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-19, 08:49 AM   #2
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default Compatibility?

What is the SH4 version and/or mod compatibility?

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-19, 10:14 AM   #3
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Should be compatible with 1.4 and 1.5, although they're US Pacific only, no Das Boot Atlantic.

As for mods, the only file in UNREP is Jap_AirCover.mis, so if the supermod doesn't use that one it should be fine. LOCKWOOD also uses US_NavalBases.mis and Flotillas.upc to add the forward base and move the Pearl Harbor career home base to that one, I suspect many supermods alter those two.

Way to find out compatibility for any mod is unzip the supermod and the new mod to different folders, see if any of the filenames match.

Or, as I say, you can easily mod any supermod yourself, just open US_NavalBases.mis in the mission editor, click on the "Land" tab, select American (or German if you're playing that), and drag a naval base wherever you want it, give it a name. Then click Mission, Parameters, check the box for "Ignore player submarine" on, save and exit. Can even do that during a career if you load one of the "autosave in base" saves so you're starting a new patrol. Wanna go nuts pave the whole Pacific with resupply bases, the mods I uploaded were intended to have a more realistic feel, but that's just a personal taste.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 05:09 PM   #4
MrMojok69
Loader

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
Just uploaded two mods, one that just adds refuel/refit bases nearer the enemy;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5476

And the other same new bases, plus one more base that replaces Pearl Harbor as a starting point for that career. Anyone tired of that long long slog across the Pacific and back should love this;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5477

EXTENDER is not a land base, it's a task force with a sub tender and tanker guarded by heavy cruisers and destroyers. The other two, FREEDOM and LIBERTY are on islands. The LOCKWOOD mod has these three plus the LOCKWOOD base on a small island, 700 miles from Japan, where the Pearl Harbor career starts and ends.
I know this is an old post, and this may not be everyone's cup of tea, but to me, these are a Godsend!

A question about EXTENDER... I see a bunch of destroyers and heavy cruisers there. What would happen if a Japanese convoy or strike force sailed near there? Or is that an area of the map where those units don't spawn?

I was intrigued by the idea of seeing a Japanese strike force sail in there and mix it up with those cruisers.
MrMojok69 is offline   Reply With Quote