SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-23-08, 11:11 PM   #1
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7
Default [Rel] Iowa Battleship (beta)

I am releasing the Iowa Battleship for some testing. I still have some things I would like to change, but give it a try.

Extract to your MODs folder and enable with JSGME. There are two single missions included:

Iowa test
Safety is That Way

I have noticed that the ships use a lot of ammo shooting at distances, so if your 5 inch run out of ammo, just turn the ship around and shoot from the other side. They apparently get the ammo from the gun files not from the ammo bunker like the playable guns. (One thing on the fix list.) Hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think, I had to do some cheating to get it working. (Changing the AA Playable guns is on the list too)
Thanks to Horsa for starting the project and allowing me to pick it up when other things got in the way of completing it. Thanks to Mikhayl and Xantro for letting me peek at their files to see how they did things. Iowa is a combination of many ideas from different people. And a lot of "I wonder what would happen if I did this?"

Oh, don't tell Mikhayl or Xanto I peeked, I never really asked them.

And of course a special Thanks to Skwasjer for Silent 3ditor especially the new one with the 3D model, saved tons of time.

http://files.filefront.com/USA+Iowaz.../fileinfo.html

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 12:23 AM   #2
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Yay one of my favrout ships in the war. Thanks.
Old 07-24-08, 03:58 AM   #3
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

what a beaut !

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 09:57 AM   #4
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

You know, i could put up a ammunition fix patch for this mod. Like 100x more ammo on 5"ers and maybe twice more on the main guns, should be more then enough. :p

Just ask me and it'll be done. But good job on the beauty.

*edit* took my liberty and did already a slight addition to the mod. added whole lotta more ammo to the 5"ers, AA guns and AI 16"ers. To be uploaded the patch.

*edit2* seems you lack my maximum range increase patches aswell, i'll add those aswell.

Last edited by W4lt3r; 07-24-08 at 10:16 AM.
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 10:32 AM   #5
yamato1
A-ganger

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
I am releasing the Iowa Battleship for some testing. I still have some things I would like to change, but give it a try.

Extract to your MODs folder and enable with JSGME. There are two single missions included:

Iowa test
Safety is That Way

I have noticed that the ships use a lot of ammo shooting at distances, so if your 5 inch run out of ammo, just turn the ship around and shoot from the other side. They apparently get the ammo from the gun files not from the ammo bunker like the playable guns. (One thing on the fix list.) Hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think, I had to do some cheating to get it working. (Changing the AA Playable guns is on the list too)
Thanks to Horsa for starting the project and allowing me to pick it up when other things got in the way of completing it. Thanks to Mikhayl and Xantro for letting me peek at their files to see how they did things. Iowa is a combination of many ideas from different people. And a lot of "I wonder what would happen if I did this?"

Oh, don't tell Mikhayl or Xanto I peeked, I never really asked them.

And of course a special Thanks to Skwasjer for Silent 3ditor especially the new one with the 3D model, saved tons of time.

http://files.filefront.com/USA+Iowaz.../fileinfo.html

Peabody
Can you help me?
My Bismarck is finished too, but not steer... Why???

Please help!
yamato1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 11:06 AM   #6
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

amazing

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 11:48 AM   #7
ivank
The Old Man

is she US Campaign ready?

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 07-24-08, 12:01 PM   #8
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4lt3r
You know, i could put up a ammunition fix patch for this mod. Like 100x more ammo on 5"ers and maybe twice more on the main guns, should be more then enough. :p

*edit* took my liberty and did already a slight addition to the mod. added whole lotta more ammo to the 5"ers, AA guns and AI 16"ers. To be uploaded the patch.

*edit2* seems you lack my maximum range increase patches aswell, i'll add those aswell.
@Task Force: Hope you like it.

@ Keltos, Thanks for the encouragement.

@ Walter: Thanks Walter (didn't type the numbers, you know how mixed up I get.) I pulled the 5 inch out and added ammo already. But not the AA. I didn't add the ammo to the gunsradar files so it won't conflict with other mods. I try to build the ships so they don't have to be taken out to use another one. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. but I guess an ammo increase isn't going to hurt anything.

Your range fix, I did do a increase on visual range so they fire sooner but don't know about firing range. On the Maya I was taking hits from a Merchant before mine would fire. I would be very interested in checking out your Patches for range. One thing I have noticed, they seem to be a bit more accurate if you set "aim for waterline" stops a lot of overshooting.

@Yamato, I don't know why your ship won't steer, did you put in rudders? Is there a download link, I have not seen it. I will help if I can but I do not have the ship to look at.

@Ivank What do you mean by "Campaign ready" ? It will work but you have to add it to flotillas at US bases and assign missions to it.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 07-24-08, 12:08 PM   #9
ivank
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:

@Task Force: Hope you like it.

@ Keltos, Thanks for the encouragement.

@ Walter: Thanks Walter (didn't type the numbers, you know how mixed up I get.) I pulled the 5 inch out and added ammo already. But not the AA. I didn't add the ammo to the gunsradar files so it won't conflict with other mods. I try to build the ships so they don't have to be taken out to use another one. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. but I guess an ammo increase isn't going to hurt anything.

Your range fix, I did do a increase on visual range so they fire sooner but don't know about firing range. On the Maya I was taking hits from a Merchant before mine would fire. I would be very interested in checking out your Patches for range. One thing I have noticed, they seem to be a bit more accurate if you set "aim for waterline" stops a lot of overshooting.

@Yamato, I don't know why your ship won't steer, did you put in rudders? Is there a download link, I have not seen it. I will help if I can but I do not have the ship to look at.

@Ivank What do you mean by "Campaign ready" ? It will work but you have to add it to flotillas at US bases and assign missions to it.

Peabody
I mean can i use it in the US campaign? how do i add it to flotillas and assign it missions

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 07-24-08, 12:58 PM   #10
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivank
I mean can i use it in the US campaign? how do i add it to flotillas and assign it missions
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128825

Peabody

Old 07-24-08, 03:34 PM   #11
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

Peabody, i added my alterations to the mod. instead of putting it as a separate patch, i just included the fixes in the mod.

Here's the patched version with max firing range of 14km to main guns and AA guns range was bugged (selection range was 2000m, but now it is 8000m so they should autofire) but fixed that.

Here you go. http://www.megaupload.com/fi/?d=OG1KP229

Put that link to the main post, pea ^^

Claim: I ONLY ALTERED THE RANGES OF THIS MOD, EVERYTHING ELSE WAS DONE BY PEABODY
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 10:01 PM   #12
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Peabody, i added my alterations to the mod. instead of putting it as a separate patch, i just included the fixes in the mod.

Here's the patched version with max firing range of 14km to main guns and AA guns range was bugged (selection range was 2000m, but now it is 8000m so they should autofire) but fixed that.

Here you go. http://www.megaupload.com/fi/?d=OG1KP229

Put that link to the main post, pea ^^

Claim: I ONLY ALTERED THE RANGES OF THIS MOD, EVERYTHING ELSE WAS DONE BY PEABODY
Thanks Walter. The changed files were they in the 'cfg' folder and the ammo in the 'gunsradar.sim' ? I have already made more changes and need to merge them together, so I need to know what files to include.

Peabody

Old 07-24-08, 10:23 PM   #13
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Tryed it out today. Veary nice ship. Everything is working.
Old 07-24-08, 10:36 PM   #14
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
Tryed it out today. Veary nice ship. Everything is working.
Thanks TF, I'm working on some stuff now. Added the flag, changing the AA guns to match the ones on the ship instead of 'generic 20mm', Walter increased some ranges on the guns. So there will be some updates.

Peabody

Old 07-24-08, 11:25 PM   #15
badaboom
Weps

Downloads: 46

Very nice Peabody,Lov'in the new BB.I was on BB 63 last yr.and took this shot,

BB#63 Mighty MO,USS Missouri docked at Ford Island Pearl Harbour.