SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-22-17, 09:46 AM   #1
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0
Default Is v1.08c compatable with USSR sub and campaign mods?

I've used both the playable USSR sub and the campaign mod, (not together) and haven't had any problems while using v1.07 and the new graphical interface that came with it. But since it bumped me up to v1.08c neither mod work and the graphical interface is gone. The box for it is there just all the buttons and displays inside it are whited out. I can highlight them with the cursor but can't see them. I'll try to upload a screenshot later.

The campaign mod.....only the one 1984 campaign and the one mission "The Duel" show up. I'll also try to screenshot that for later.

For now I deleted the Override folder and left nothing but the default and I'm back to normal. Any ideas? Thanks.

"CC"

**My bad. How do you take a screenshot in this game, and where do I find it??**

**Found out how to do screenshots:

Last edited by CaptainCruise; 11-02-17 at 02:51 AM.
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 10:44 PM   #2
kzinbane
Nub

Downloads: 3

I have been running the mod that gives you a bunch of subs (sorry, I do not remember the name of it) as well as a couple campaigns - red storm rising, wrath of Breznev, a few others. It works with with the latest mod - 1.08c. I moved that folder out and am now playing the 2004 campaign - that works too.
Note that I added the mods after 1.08c was installed - that may be the key.
kzinbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-17, 02:43 PM   #3
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

I am struggling to be fair my set up at the moment 1.08c is un playable

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-17, 02:52 PM   #4
IanH755
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I update the mod every time a new patch drops as I found the older versions mainly don't play well in a new patch.

The USSR sub mod is now up to release date 15th October '17 and this works with my 1.08c no problems.
Old 10-25-17, 02:54 AM   #5
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!

Well, I've tried messing around for a few days with this and I still can't get either mod to work 100%. The best I've been able to do is the Soviet campaign mod. The four campaigns show up, but I'm still having graphic anomalies during play. The hud box where you can change weapons, control torp wires, etc are still white-out. If I could figure out how to do a screenshot or capture I could show you, but I don't know and I don't see a key that can be assigned to it.

If anyone knows how to do a screenshot capture let me know please. Thanks.

T
Old 10-28-17, 12:03 PM   #6
Slick Wilhelm
Mate

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCruise View Post
Well, I've tried messing around for a few days with this and I still can't get either mod to work 100%. The best I've been able to do is the Soviet campaign mod. The four campaigns show up, but I'm still having graphic anomalies during play. The hud box where you can change weapons, control torp wires, etc are still white-out. If I could figure out how to do a screenshot or capture I could show you, but I don't know and I don't see a key that can be assigned to it.

If anyone knows how to do a screenshot capture let me know please. Thanks.

T
Captain, try hitting the prnt/scrn button, which stands for "print screen". This should place a copy of what you're looking at into memory. Then, open up MS-Paint and paste the image into there using ctrl-v, or from the menu.

If that doesn't work, try alt-prnt/scrn. Finally, if all else fails, you can go to google or youtube and search for "how to print screen in windows".
Old 10-29-17, 09:03 PM   #7
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

I found it. The F12 button takes a screenshot and a little box pops up with a notification. It goes to the Steam site and they give you options what to do with it. Not bad.

I also got the Russian Sub mod to work. I have all the playable subs and a new missions and campaigns. I'm not sure if any realism was modded with this one, but so far it seems OK.

One thing that happened and I don't know if it's a bug.....a sub tried to surface directly under a landing ship and hit the keel. It may have just been a glitch so I'm not too concerned about it. I'll stick with this awhile and see what happens. I'll wait until the next version of the game is released before I try the other mods again.
Old 11-02-17, 02:43 AM   #8
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Default Russian Campaign and v1.08c screenshots

Is anyone else having this problem trying to run the Russian Campaign with v1.08c??

This started with the latest version of the game. I think v1.07 worked with this but I don't remember. Woke up one day with v1.08 and zap. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks

"CC"
Old 11-09-17, 04:31 PM   #9
chrisreb
Nub

Downloads: 11

I also get these white boxes so unplayable for me
chrisreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 07:03 AM   #10
ghostdog688
Swabbie

Downloads: 58

Seems to be working for me, but I don’t have any other mods installed either. I just took the download and copied the override folder into the same root folder as the default one so they are sitting side by side.
I did enable the beta on steam as well
ghostdog688 is offline   Reply With Quote