SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-13-13, 02:31 AM   #16
RedChico
Mate

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Here's a free full 3D Earth terrain similar to Outerra.

http://proland.inrialpes.fr/index.html

\"You are my adversary, but you are not my enemy. For your resistence gives me strength, your will gives me courage, your spirit enobles me. And though I aim to defeat you, should I succeed I will not humiliate you. Instead I will honor you, for without you I am a lesser man. \"
RedChico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-13, 06:34 PM   #17
O_Smiladon
Mate

Downloads: 32

Hey Red,

Mate very cool . I will look into this and see whay we can come up with.

O_Smiladon
O_Smiladon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-13, 05:07 AM   #18
O_Smiladon
Mate

S! Guys

Here is a little Vid for ya

O_Smiladon
Old 09-16-13, 01:40 PM   #19
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Ok I want this badly.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-13, 02:45 PM   #20
RedChico
Mate

Downloads: 5

\"You are my adversary, but you are not my enemy. For your resistence gives me strength, your will gives me courage, your spirit enobles me. And though I aim to defeat you, should I succeed I will not humiliate you. Instead I will honor you, for without you I am a lesser man. \"
RedChico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-13, 05:32 PM   #21
Runibl
Swabbie

Downloads: 146

I would absolutely love something like this
Old 09-16-13, 07:23 PM   #22
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Oh I can just taste the second naval battle of Guadalcanal now
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 12:44 PM   #23
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

is there a way to see japanese battleships to this project too ?
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 03:21 AM   #24
O_Smiladon
Mate

Hello everyone,

Well, it has been a very long time since I posted on here regarding a WW2 battleship / Naval sim.

I have not put my dream to bed... I have always wanted this to happen and it has been a long time contacting people and seeing if someone would like to come on my journey with me. A lot say yes but when it comes to start forking out the coin they soon go silent.

I have found someone who may put some money up to get things started but just want to state. This is not yet 100% signed off just working on my business plan to table ( wow what a mission that is to do ) and even then he may say no.

And the rest I would look to you guys for a crowdfunding type scenario. How that would look yet is yet to be determined.

Ok so here is an update. So I am super excited and can't wait and I am around 85% there. So I am Putting it out there again.

Frist of who still wants a WW2 Naval sim we are talking above and under the water (Silent Hunter type stuff), 2 theaters Atlantic and Pacific.

I am looking at the DCS model where free to D/L may be 1 or 2 free ships included most likely a PT boat and a very early V/W class destroyer. I have the plans coming for the V_W class destroyer which are on their way to me now and when my mate gets to put it together i will show you all. Then pay to captain newer assets as they come along price ranging depending on what type of asset. There will be a multiplayer where all your mates can jump on board and help with the systems of the ship as well as co-op and a single campaign side manly historical. And a mission building aspect.

The dream is to have the most up to date graphics including VR (eye candy to the max) you will be able to walk around most of the ship (to what extent I guess will depend on the size of the ship) fully functional bridge, range finding room, engine room, weapons control and damage systems.

As for the game engine, I will be looking for something that will have all weather types rough seas I want you to have the feeling that you are on a huge battleship as it crashes through the waves and the spray of the foam going everywhere.

Maybe the Star Citizen of the WW2 Naval kind (haha but hopefully not that long to produce but then again who knows)

Still, a heap of work to work out but I have a very clued up guy with me here in NZ and I may even have one of the big named guys who has been there and done that to Mentor me through this. If this goes ahead and everything falls into place I will put up a website where we can all congregate and talk, argue, laugh and cry about what I hope to be the best WW2 Naval sim on the market.

So cross fingers everyone and your toes. It is still a pipe dream but very close to becoming a reality with your help we can do this together.

Kind Regards
Steve aka O_Smiladon
Old 01-20-19, 05:28 AM   #25
adrians69
Engineer

Downloads: 299

I'd be interested still if it comes out

Click here to view my MS Flight Simulator X, Silent Hunter, Space Shuttle Mission Simulator, X Plane 11 & Train Simulator 2020 screenshots!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrians69/
adrians69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 05:49 PM   #26
O_Smiladon
Mate

Thanks Mate,

V_W Destroyer plans/drawings are on the way to me now from The US.

When I have a model I will post so you all can see. hopefully, in a month, I will have something to show.

Regards'

Steve