Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 05-23-08, 08:02 AM   #61
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
you still can get Phase II by swapping out DVD's I dont know how it works but you could perhaps find it out urself on their forum.
Lol, yeh. That's the ridiculous part of this, you can still get it on DVD, but you cant D/L it. The devs are getting nothing from the DVD swap as it's done between the players. What's the point?

Only reason (although almost as stupid as P3 being payware) I can think of is that they are pulling out the links so they dont have to pay to upkeep the files, I think they were using rapidshare the last time I downloaded it. How about spreading the files around abit the next time? I bet they could get lots of hosts for free that would love to host it.
They could just put up a torrent tracker. Best way to keep the file going.
Not sure how they'd make it payware, mind.

Still angry about this. I almost never stick my head into this forum, and when i do it destroys my dreams :p
Old 05-23-08, 09:51 AM   #62
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

I think its effort wise planned,

if you have the effort to get Phase II on a Disc from swapping, why not get Phase III?
its the same effort but ones costs a bit more $$$

HunterICX
Old 05-23-08, 10:04 AM   #63
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
I think its effort wise planned,

if you have the effort to get Phase II on a Disc from swapping, why not get Phase III?
its the same effort but ones costs a bit more $$$

HunterICX
I see nothing wise in it. It just makes it slower, why wait days when you could get it in few hours if downloadable? What about if someone doesnt have an DVD drive? "Ooops, sorry, you cant enjoy the mod!"

@Tchocky

True that, torrent + few sites to host it would be the best combination for a mod that size.

As for the part, how it would be handled, it would need an private tracker, AFAIK, even if you have the .torrent file, you still cant download it if the tracker requires registration. Lots of private trackers work this way.

Last edited by HunterICX; 05-25-08 at 02:40 PM.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 12:27 PM   #64
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

Dangerous waters matey. Be careful will ya'?
Old 05-23-08, 12:43 PM   #65
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL
Thought something like this would happen.
Instead of buying Microcrap to play it I bought this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/First-Eagles...1475386&sr=1-1

edit: This is also available http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3360...s/Product.html

bump

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-08, 11:05 PM   #66
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

okay, I ordered CFS3 . Should come next week.

Now, phase 2 or phase 3?
Old 05-24-08, 11:10 PM   #67
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Phase 3 =$50 WTF
Old 05-24-08, 11:22 PM   #68
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee
Phase 3 =$50 WTF
No more Piracy Jokes,
thanks

Last edited by HunterICX; 05-25-08 at 02:39 PM.
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-08, 11:39 PM   #69
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Hunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee
Phase 3 =$50 WTF
I no nothing Col Klink

Last edited by HunterICX; 05-25-08 at 02:40 PM.
nikimcbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 01:57 AM   #70
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Interesting discussion though I think allusions to piracy should be avioded even if you are kidding around. for my tuppence worth OFFIII will be available in unspoken of areas I'm sure. I'll even hazard a guess to say the OFFIII mod makers won't make that much money out of it.
Old 05-25-08, 02:36 PM   #71
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Read our policy guys, piracy discussion is a No-No
even as a joke, so please don't.

HunterICX
Old 05-25-08, 02:51 PM   #72
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

TRY TO STOP ME!

-------------

Long ago, when sailing ships ruled the waves, a captain and his crew were in danger of being boarded by a pirate ship. As the crew became frantic, the captain bellowed to his First Mate, "Bring me my red shirt!". The First Mate quickly retrieved the captain's red shirt, which the captain put on and lead the crew to battle the pirate boarding party. Although some casualties occurred among the crew, the pirates were repelled.

Later that day, the lookout screamed that there were two pirate vessels sending boarding parties. The crew cowered in fear, but the captain calm as ever bellowed, "Bring me my red shirt!". The battle was on, and once again the Captain and his crew repelled both boarding parties, although this time more casualties occurred.

Weary from the battles, the men sat around on deck that night recounting the day's occurrences when an ensign looked to the Captain and asked, "Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before the battle?". The Captain, giving the ensign a look that only a captain can give, exhorted, "If I am wounded in battle, the red shirt does not show the wound and thus, you men will continue to fight unafraid". The men sat in silence marveling at the courage of such a man.

As dawn came the next morning, the lookout screamed that there were pirate ships, 10 of them, all with boarding parties on their way. The men became silent and looked to their Captain for his usual command. The Captain, calm as ever, bellowed, "Bring me my brown pants!!

-------------

A pirate walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened, you look terrible!"
"What do you mean?" the pirate replies, "I'm fine."
The bartender says, "But what about that wooden leg? You didn't have that before."
"Well," says the pirate, "We were in a battle at sea and a cannon ball hit my leg but the surgeon fixed me up, and I'm fine, really."
"Yeah," says the bartender, "But what about that hook? Last time I saw you, you had both hands."
"Well," says the pirate, "We were in another battle and we boarded the enemy ship. I was in a sword fight and my hand was cut off but the surgeon fixed me up with this hook, and I feel great, really."
"Oh," says the bartender, "What about that eye patch? Last time you were in here you had both eyes."
"Well," says the pirate, "One day when we were at sea, some birds were flying over the ship. I looked up, and one of them shat in my eye."
"So?" replied the bartender, "what happened? You couldn't have lost an eye just from some bird ****!"
"Well," says the pirate, "I really wasn't used to the hook yet."

-------------

What's a horny pirate's worst nightmare?
A sunken chest with no booty!

-------------

A pirate and his parrot, were adrift in a lifeboat following a dramatic escape from a valiant battle. While rummaging through the boat's provisions, the pirate stumbled across an old lamp. Secretly hoping that a Genie would appear, he rubbed the lamp vigorously. To the amazement of the castaways, a Genie came forth. This particular Genie, however, stated that he could only deliver one wish, not the standard three. Without giving any thought to the matter the pirate blurted out, "Make the entire ocean into rum!" The Genie clapped his hands with a deafening crash, and immediately the entire sea turned into the finest rum ever sampled by mortals. Simultaneously, the Genie vanished. Only the gentle lapping of rum on the hull broke the stillness as the two considered their circumstances

The parrot looked disgustedly at the pirate and after a tension-filled moment spoke: "Now yee've done it!! Now we're goon to have to pee in the boat!"

-------------

A young man is captured by pirates and is persuaded to join the crew rather than walk the plank. After a few weeks at sea the captain speaks to the man and asks him how he is getting on. The man replies that on the whole he is enjoying things - the rum-soaked drinking binges, the plundering, etc - but there was one thing missing.

"What's that?" asks the captain.
"Well, there are no women" replies the man.

"Arrr" says the captain "Follow me!" The man follows the captain to what appears to be a barrel, on top of the barrel stands a coconut with a face drawn on and a few strands of wispy straw for hair. On the barrel is a crude outline of a woman's body and between the legs is a bung hole. "We calls her Carmen," says the captain, "and you may take her as you will". The man explains that he was unlikely to make use of her and goes on his way.

However, as the months go by with no respite, Carmen appears more and more attractive to the young man. Finally he can resist her no longer and the man has his wicked way with Carmen the rum barrel. To his amazement the experience is far more satisfying than he could ever have imagined!

The next day the captain greets him again. "How did you get on with Carmen then, lad?" he asks eagerly. The man replies "Rather better than I thought... actually, it was rather good!"

"Good," says the captain, a great beaming smile splitting his black-bearded face. "It's your turn in the barrel tomorrow!"

-------------

There once was a pirate named Bates,
Who danced the Fandango on skates.
He fell on his cutlass
Which rendered him nutless
And practically useless on dates!

-------------

What's really a pirate's favorite letter?
P! Because it's an R, but it's missing a leg!

-------------

A pirate walks into a bar wearing a paper towel on his head. He sits down at the bar and orders some dirty rum.

The bartender asks, "Why are you wearing a paper towel?"

"Arrr..." says the pirate. "I've got a bounty on me head!"

-------------

So a pirate walks into a bar, okay, and swaggers up to the barkeep and demands a glass of rum. I believe his exact words were "Your rum or your life, dog, what'll it be?".

And so the bartender, being a reasonable fellow, makes no complaint but simply grabs a large glass, a bottle of fine dark rum, and begins to pour. And while he's waiting for the glass to fill (this being, as I said before, a large glass) he sizes up the pirate, having never seen a real honest-to-God pirate before.

This pirate is in full pirate gear. Gold earrings, patch over the eye, a big filthy white blouse covering his swarthy chest, tattoos everywhere, all of it. But protruding from his pirate trousers is the unmistakable form of a steering wheel.

Well, the bartender sees that the glass of rum is just about topped off, so he passes the glass across the bar to the pirate, who nods curtly and takes a huge swig of the rum. Slapping a dubloon on the bartop, he turns to walk away, when our bartender's curiousity gets the best of him.

"Wait, one second. What's up with the steering wheel?"

And the pirate turns back and fixes him with a beady glare from his lone eye. "Arrr, I don't know, but it's drivin' me nuts!"

-------------

FIGHT THE SYSTEM! ANARCHY RULES!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 02:54 PM   #73
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Dowly, you've been in the brig so many times....
Old 05-25-08, 02:56 PM   #74
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:you lunatic :rotfl::rotfl:

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 11:46 PM   #75
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19

It's just a joke. We're not trying to do anything here. We're just swapping the epic file "Do What You Want 'Cause a Pirate is Free" in an .swf format.

Jawohl, herr OberSSt.

Oh, and we need to also remove the pirate emoticon. Hey, it's stealing either way you look at it... the difference being 300 years and what happens to the pirates (used to be, you were hanged; now, you are either fined or put in prison). Sometimes I wish it could be like the olden days. Storming a building for file disks with flintlocks and blunderbusses, not to mention brandishing cutlasses and rapiers.

As the old proverb goes, sharing is caring, even if it breaks the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles
Dowly, you've been in the brig so many times....
Putting him in the brig for telling some kid pirate jokes is just stupid as hell. If that happens, then the Somalian pirate news links on the front page need to be removed.

Last edited by Stealth Hunter; 05-26-08 at 12:58 AM.
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote