SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-19, 02:54 PM   #7546
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

Received your info

So with the Porpoise (before June 42) the lines drawn while surfaced are the sonar « active » and not the hydrophone « passive ».
After June 42, they should be hydrophone, right?
They look the same anyway…maybe a range difference?
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-19, 03:47 PM   #7547
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1756

[QUOTE=CapnScurvy;2592526]I don't know how or why to explain that? Time Compression shouldn't be causing particular actions to either occur, or to be lost?!? But, there's been plenty of reports about using the Alt/Tab keystroke causes the game to go wacky; or saving during a particular time makes the game do strange things too?

Like the old joke about the guy who went to the Doctor complaining about every time he raised his arm, it hurt. The Doctor told him if his arm hurt every time he raised his arm...…."Don't do that!!"[/QUO

Well Fifi's right. it does happen. Been happening since the first iteration of FOTRSU. In fact check out my post #4795 on page 184 of this thread. That was back in June of 2017. Visually the radars doesn't turn when in Free Roam camera. But the radar is still doing its job and picking up contacts.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-19, 04:23 PM   #7548
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi
@ CaptScurvy---- how do you explain that my radar animation is working only before i get any TC? As soon as i TC, radar animation is dead for the rest of session...on any sub class.
Same with the periscope depth sound playing (with the bell ringing). After i TC, i get only the chief voice for the rest of session
(On side note i don’t have that in Ralles - it’s working even after TC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313
Well Fifi's right. it does happen. Been happening since the first iteration of FOTRSU. In fact check out my post #4795 on page 184 of this thread. That was back in June of 2017. Visually the radars doesn't turn when in Free Roam camera. But the radar is still doing its job and picking up contacts.
For the sake of argument. neither of you two are clear on just what you're talking about?!?

Radar animation? What's that? Are you both talking about the Radar Station screen doesn't have the "Sweep" line circle around the screen? J0313 you seem to say the issue you've seen has to do with the outside antenna not spinning?? Is that what your seeing Fifi? Either of you have a picture of the problem?

Needless to say, but I'm going to ask.....On what sub(s)? Using which Radar (there are three different types)? What's the date? After what specific circumstance? What's your mods? What's your computer specs (OS; Ram; LAA?)?

Guys see things that come from issues that they end up only seeing, due to either how they play (too many saved games taking up memory; Alt/Tabing back to desktop) or incompatible mods being used. Then they expect the rest of us to know what their referring to. Just making a passing comment isn't enough for us to go on, give us details.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-19, 04:54 PM   #7549
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
For the sake of argument. neither of you two are clear on just what you're talking about?!?

Radar animation? What's that? Are you both talking about the Radar Station screen doesn't have the "Sweep" line circle around the screen? J0313 you seem to say the issue you've seen has to do with the outside antenna not spinning?? Is that what your seeing Fifi? Either of you have a picture of the problem?

Needless to say, but I'm going to ask.....On what sub(s)? Using which Radar (there are three different types)? What's the date? After what specific circumstance? What's your mods? What's your computer specs (OS; Ram; LAA?)?

Guys see things that come from issues that they end up only seeing, due to either how they play (too many saved games taking up memory; Alt/Tabing back to desktop) or incompatible mods being used. Then they expect the rest of us to know what their referring to. Just making a passing comment isn't enough for us to go on, give us details.
So we don’t understood each other, just damn language barrier

We are saying in external view or conning deck view, looking at the radar on top of mast, it doesn’t turn!

Starting game, it turns fine.
Going TC 2048 for some time, then looking at the mast, it doesn’t turn anymore until we start game again!
It seems passing a certain TC, animation is broken. Up to TC 128 it seems ok, but no further.

It’s affecting ALL subs (with radar on mast) and all years.
PPI screen is ok, and radar is detecting fine. Only the mast animation.

I can’t provide screen shot, as to see it i would need a movie...

Hoping to be clear this time
Old 02-19-19, 07:53 PM   #7550
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Quote:

I have tried to replicate this issue in the game to no avail. It is not happening on my side even after days at 2048TC

Could it be a corrupt save issue Capt Scurvy??

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-19, 08:51 PM   #7551
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
So we don’t understood each other, just damn language barrier

We are saying in external view or conning deck view, looking at the radar on top of mast, it doesn’t turn!

Starting game, it turns fine.
Going TC 2048 for some time, then looking at the mast, it doesn’t turn anymore until we start game again!
It seems passing a certain TC, animation is broken. Up to TC 128 it seems ok, but no further.

It’s affecting ALL subs (with radar on mast) and all years.
PPI screen is ok, and radar is detecting fine. Only the mast animation.

I can’t provide screen shot, as to see it i would need a movie...

Hoping to be clear this time
Yes, thank you! Your explanation makes it clear and I'll try to emulate the problem. That's always the first thing to do, try to see if the issue can be duplicated. Then see if there's anything that can be done about it?

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 02-19-19, 09:08 PM   #7552
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
I have tried to replicate this issue in the game to no avail. It is not happening on my side even after days at 2048TC

Could it be a corrupt save issue Capt Scurvy??
Maybe. It's like a lot of issues that pop up...... memory usage and the possible corruption of files when saving can always create trouble.

Fotrs Ultimate uses a LOT of MEMORY!! Actually, my old Windows XP OS computer (my main modding computer), which only has 2 gigs max memory (no way of using LAA with it) won't play the mod anymore! For a long time now it hasn't displayed the Museum without a CTD, but lately I can't get past a Mission "loading" red bar indicator going over to full without a CTD! I can load the game, open a Career Start, but after looking over the in-port sub setup and accepting a mission.....CTD before getting to the "No Mission Too Difficult...." screen.

Yet, I put the same files onto my Windows 10, 16gig RAM computer, it purrs along without a hiccup! And loads as fast as greased lightning.

That's one reason why I ask...…"What's your computer specs"? It makes a difference!!

Quote:
Old 02-19-19, 10:06 PM   #7553
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I have managed to replicate not having a rotating radar antennae, but ya gotta work hard for it. To get it, I had to crash dive, go to 350 feet, AND do time compression at 4096. The computer "hiccuped" while doing the TC. I then blew ballast (I still can't get my boat to "jump" out of the water like in The Hunt For Red October... sigh) and the SD antennae animation did not show as working. After about a minute, I turned the radars off, and then back on, and the SD rotated. Maybe it had something to do with deep submergence?? The SJ just sat there - as usual... - I do have a video that I'll post a link for whenever it gets finished uploading, which two hours ago, ToobYu said it would be an hour and a half. Now, it says it will only be an hour and six minutes... sigh.

Edit: OK, ignore the first 3:15 of this, it's for something else. From about the 3:15 mark to 9:19 (the end) is looking at the radar antennae. "Danger Will Robinson! Danger!" It is boring!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 02-19-19 at 10:36 PM. Reason: vid link
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-19, 02:37 AM   #7554
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Maybe. It's like a lot of issues that pop up...... memory usage and the possible corruption of files when saving can always create trouble.

That's one reason why I ask...…"What's your computer specs"? It makes a difference!!
My system (3 month old):

Win 10 Familly 64 Bits, I7 8700 Cpu@ 3.20 Ghz, 16Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti, drivers 417.35 WHQL, C drive SSD 120Gb, D drive 1 Tera.

I tried FOTRSU on both of my drives with exact same result.

Of course i have LAA activated for all my SH games.

I get this radar antenna issue without any saves loaded (new career started), with a fresh install and brand new Document/SH4
And last, i don't have to dive to get it...only when TC is on for some time.

What puzzle me, is in Ralles mod (wich has exact same radar animation) it's working fine.

Last edited by Fifi; 02-20-19 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-20-19, 05:02 AM   #7555
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
My system (3 month old):

Win 10 Familly 64 Bits, I7 8700 Cpu@ 3.20 Ghz, 16Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti, drivers 417.35 WHQL, C drive SSD 120Gb, D drive 1 Tera.

I tried FOTRSU on both of my drives with exact same result.

Of course i have LAA activated for all my SH games.

I get this radar antenna issue without any saves loaded (new career started), with a fresh install and brand new Document/SH4
And last, i don't have to dive to get it...only when TC is on for some time.

What puzzle me, is in Ralles mod (wich has exact same radar animation) it's working fine.
My system is inferior to yours, an old dual core 2.4Ghz Intell cpu, 8 gigs ram both almost tens years old, and I still can not replicate your issue which leads me to think it is your files not a system issue. I tried to make it happen but it just won't break. I can run 2048TC for days an no animation issues. I just went from San Francisco to Midway to Bungo Suido at 2048TC and not even a flicker of an issue.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-19, 06:57 AM   #7556
Fifi
Navy Seal

If it could be a file issue, i will re-download the V080 RC2 and patch RC2 005

But i can’t find back where i got the download link...
First page is only V080 RC1

Anyone?
Old 02-20-19, 07:54 AM   #7557
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Notice the first line on that download page: "New version as of 12/30/2018, 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.80_RC2_EN." The link on Page one of the thread says "RC1", but the download page does say "RC2". However, I doubt that the issue is with your file download. If you have 7zip, just run a check on the archive. Right-click on it, and if you have the 7zip context menu, choose it and then "Test archive". I can't remember what my old WinRAR used to say, but they have something similar, though I don't remember it integrating into the Explorer like 7zip does.

I looked at my video above some more, and I don't think the animation does ever fully stop. It is definitely slower after the deep dive, but does recover after a couple of minutes, so I'm not certain if the starting and stopping the "Continuous Sweep" helped or not. Even with the radar off though, the animation is running. Hopefully RR didn't get the stir stick stuck in the brew pot, and we might have a new mix up soon... In the meantime, you could try de-activating the 5 Patch and see if you notice a difference. It does have a "fix" (I use that term loosely) for the Flotillas and CareerStart files for some of the boats...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-19, 08:24 AM   #7558
Fifi
Navy Seal

Tested the archive as you said: no errors found.

Tested without patch 5: same issue.

So forget about it, anyway it’s only cosmetic. The principal remains the radar is detecting fine. I will not look at top of mast anymore
Old 02-20-19, 10:00 AM   #7559
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Regarding animation of the SJ Radar Antenna:

I don't think it's anything to do with the 3D model of the SJ Radar Antenna...…...it's been the same since day one, it's the stock model, with the stock rotation animation. No one has ever changed this model or it's animation.....in ANY mod that I know of. I know Ultimate hasn't.

I've not had it act up yet, but I'm still trying. My belief is there is something not "resetting" correctly after a Time Compression event. Either the computer is taking its time with resetting the files that create the animation after something like a Time Compression event, or it's specific to the computer that's having it occur. Either way, I'm not too optimistic about thinking there's anything we can do about it outside of suggesting a player should make a save point, exit out of the game back to Windows, restart the game, then replay the saved game.

Quote:
Old 02-20-19, 01:10 PM   #7560
Fifi
Navy Seal

When i got this message (in red circle) do i need to stay in a certain radius?

I'm asking because after this message, i sunk a merchant (the one we see on map) and i didn't get the mission completed... had to sink an heavy cruiser in Moluccan Sea to get the mission accomplished (far further)

Don't really understand (or it was a warship needed?)