SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-01-11, 10:02 AM   #61
richpikl
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 and Win 7

Hi,

I'm running V 1.4 after installing Win 7 Home Professional 64 bit with no problems.
richpikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 10:06 AM   #62
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Welcome to SubSim richpikl!

Good news.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 08:25 PM   #63
yamatowar
Mate

Location: Lampa,Santiago,Chile,South America, Earth, Solar System, Sagittarius Arm, Milky way
Downloads: 217
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMMIT!!!!...i've do all you said and i still getting that stupid CRC error in the instalation of SH4 1.5 ¬¬

i gonna kill the ubisoft developers :

AGGHHHHHH!!!!:

PD
yamatowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 07:08 AM   #64
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamatowar View Post

i gonna kill the ubisoft developers :

Careful there. If the Ubisoft developers die in an accident now, you may be investigated for murder.

Oh cool, I grew a beard. I need to send Neal another request.
Old 11-01-11, 09:54 AM   #65
yamatowar
Mate

Location: Lampa,Santiago,Chile,South America, Earth, Solar System, Sagittarius Arm, Milky way
Downloads: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Careful there. If the Ubisoft developers die in an accident now, you may be investigated for murder.

Oh cool, I grew a beard. I need to send Neal another request.

okay...i don't gonna kill them.....but i want my problem solved!!!

yamatowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 09:19 PM   #66
ofc
Swabbie

Downloads: 45
Default Win 7 (64) Woes

I have new HP dv6 6110us laptop and have installed Wolves of the Pacific Gold. The sim runs fine --- except that the Silent Hunter function keys (nav map, periscope, deck gun, etc.) don't work (they work fine outside of the sim). Uninstalled/reinstalled several times and have also tried all of the XP and Vista compatibility options with same result. Another annoying thing is that I can only get game sound out of speakers if I plug in an earphone jack about half way. No problems with the computer otherwise. Strange! Hope someone can help. Served on subs in the 1950s and have played just about all of the sub sims.
ofc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 12:48 PM   #67
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Blast from the past...

I've been away from the game and this forum for quite a while...two years maybe? Gods above, has it been two years?? Anyway, built myself a new rig a few months ago, and after spending countless hours on a few other games, I've decided to dust off this wonderful sim and give it another spin. Installation is running as I'm writing this, can't wait to revisit my old mods and find new stuff to add! And, of course, I can't help but wonder who is still around

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 07:57 PM   #68
flip665
Watch

Downloads: 13
Default ooohh boy...

to anyone that can help... i have sh4 with uboat missions... it is currently stock. ive just downloaded the jsgme, and am currently researching how to use it and download/enable mods... my problem is i dont have a disc for the game, i got it for like 20 bucks from a site i cant remember... i want to say i was linked there from the subsim sight but who knows it was last september. so when i read things like "back up files" "re install this or that" "changing location folder names" ect. i get nervous because if i corrupt the game i dont have a hard back up...is it possible to have two versions of sh4 installed on my computer without them confliction with one another (can i copy my currently stock and uncorrupted sh4 to another location so i can experiment on the other. and how do i do that?)

thanks in advance...
flip665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 11:28 PM   #69
DrBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip665 View Post
to anyone that can help... i have sh4 with uboat missions... it is currently stock. ive just downloaded the jsgme, and am currently researching how to use it and download/enable mods... my problem is i dont have a disc for the game, i got it for like 20 bucks from a site i cant remember... i want to say i was linked there from the subsim sight but who knows it was last september. so when i read things like "back up files" "re install this or that" "changing location folder names" ect. i get nervous because if i corrupt the game i dont have a hard back up...is it possible to have two versions of sh4 installed on my computer without them confliction with one another (can i copy my currently stock and uncorrupted sh4 to another location so i can experiment on the other. and how do i do that?)

thanks in advance...
Indeed you can! Head over to this thread, download MultiSH4, follow the instructions and you have yourself a back-up of your installation.

Welcome aboard!

Old 04-11-12, 11:04 AM   #70
flip665
Watch

Downloads: 13

thanks for the link beast.
one other thing that has me stuck because im computer retarded (or ps3 spoiled) as stated above, im looking to do multiple sh4 folders to mess with one and not corrupt the other because i purchased and downloaded the game so i have no disk to back me up.

i have currently two folders (empty) on the c: drive [sh4stock and sh4custom1 respectively]. i want to put sh4 into each using multish4. im sure i can figure out how to use this from the readme but if anyone has input feel free. my problem lies with what to put in the new sh4stock/custom1 folders. i do a search and my computer says i have 99 files for sh4.

how do i be sure ive got a stock, unchanged, no career save or settings file version of the game? is there one catch all folder i can copy to each [stock and custom1] and for that matter will i need to uninstall it to do this? can i even uninstall without deleting it as i have no hard copy?

i know you guys have probably answered this a hundred times but today is a new day and your dealing with a guy on his girlfriends "priceless" laptop and i couldnt even tell you what version windows she has lol... needless to say im trying hard not to screw it up... thanks in advance, with more to come if i get this game running modded...
flip665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 02:26 PM   #71
DrBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip665 View Post

i have currently two folders (empty) on the c: drive [sh4stock and sh4custom1 respectively]. i want to put sh4 into each using multish4. im sure i can figure out how to use this from the readme but if anyone has input feel free. my problem lies with what to put in the new sh4stock/custom1 folders. i do a search and my computer says i have 99 files for sh4.

how do i be sure ive got a stock, unchanged, no career save or settings file version of the game? is there one catch all folder i can copy to each [stock and custom1] and for that matter will i need to uninstall it to do this? can i even uninstall without deleting it as i have no hard copy?
As long as you haven't added any mods or tampered with the game files, your installation is stock and unchanged.

The default installation directory is

Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves Of The Pacific

or

Program Files(x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves Of The Pacific

if you're using a 64-bit operating system. Copy that folder, and paste it to your desktop. Rename it to Silent Hunter 4 Wolves Of The Pacific Stock (or something along those lines), and then copy/paste it back to Program Files\Ubisoft.

Note: with Windows 7 you can create a copy of the game folder directly in the Ubisoft folder without having to move it - your operating system will name the new folder Silent Hunter 4 Wolves Of The Pacific - Copy. If you're still using Win XP you'll have to move it someplace else and rename it as I described.

You can make as many copies as you want, and then use MultiSH4 to create the savegame folders for each of those installments, as per the MultiSH4 readme. It's really quite easy to follow, just give it a go and if you hit any snags we'll be more than happy to help out.

Old 05-28-12, 01:59 PM   #72
rakotobako
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 11

nothing to add
rakotobako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-13, 11:25 AM   #73
Redmane
Torpedoman

Downloads: 20
Default Just a note

Looks like you got good advice, but I just thought I'd mention: if you bought the game via digital download from Amazon.com, you will be able to re-download it from them again at any time, should the need arise. Obviously that would be inconvenient, but better than some other alternatives. Also, if that is where you got the game, you could download it again, then save a copy of the installation software as a backup as well, total size of everything in my folder is about 4 gig.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bullet-proof. -V
Redmane is offline   Reply With Quote