SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-19, 08:38 AM   #1
caitlynjconklin
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Option to depart from sub base

Hi,

Just curious - Is there a plan to eventuality give Wolfpack users the ability to depart from a base or port?
caitlynjconklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 08:44 AM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Not at this time, all the effort is going toward getting a single player mode established, VOIP, and making the Scapa Flow mission. Have a "departing from the U-boat pen with waving girls and drunk commanders on shore leave would be pretty cool, but would not add much to the gameplay. In fact, I could see that a lot of players would start asking for a Skip button to bypass it after the 20th time

As with a lot of interesting potential features, we have limited manpower and we have to focus on core features.

thanks!
Neal
Old 04-06-19, 12:35 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

caitlynjconklin!great question!but entering and departing a sub pen is an SH-V thing, and tedious as Onkel Neal points out...not to mention occasionally dangerous on those tight seawall apertures and shallow estuaries!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-06-19 at 12:47 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 01:09 PM   #4
jarlemag
Watch

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
not to mention occasionally dangerous on those tight seawall apertures and shallow estuaries![/COLOR]
Well, adding a bit of a challenge just adds to the entertainment value and is a good thing, no?

I also would like to see the option to run a complete mission, or even campaign, with start and finish at base, but that would require time compression and preferably the ability to save a game during the mission.

So, after a while Wolfpack could perhaps have two main game modes:

Multi-sub short "wolfpack" missions, as today.

Single-sub, "persistent" longer missions (or even a full campaign) with save/load ability and time compression.
jarlemag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 04:00 PM   #5
caitlynjconklin
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
waving girls
Hi Neal,

Thank you for reply.

Sounds like you are describing me lol. But I rather be piloting a sub than waving from the shore.

And the other part of your post reminded me of when uboats would leave from a base in Aces of The Deep. I use to play that game with my cousin when we were young teens.

Seriously, though, I understand that there are other pressing matters for game development. I’m looking forward to seeing what you and your crew cook up for Scapa Flow.
caitlynjconklin is offline   Reply With Quote