SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-09, 09:31 AM   #15
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentrat View Post
@ Karamazovnew or OLC,

where can I find the 'instruction' that restricts the zoom to a single level please guys? I have a few files that have been extensively modified by myself and don't want to inadvertently overwrite anything! I have had a twiddle with cameras.dat and that has not had any effect: my vision is not what it once was and would like to try having a zoom function on the OLC GUI (accepting that the flat-sea thing will happen) to see if it helps my poor old eyes! Will not be making the mod public, it is purely for my own use!

Regards
The cameras have 2 settings that affect zoom, the AngularAngle in the CameraParams node (I suggest you don't mess with that) and the ZoomLevels in the Optical node. You right click on the ZoomLevels item and choose "Add Array Item". OLC uses just one zoom setting, 1X (I think). He modified the Angular angle to make it a "fake" 3X. You can just add a 2X zoom (which will work as a 6X zoom) or 3X (fake 9X). However be advised that the AOB wheel will no longer work correctly, you will have to divide each marks reading by the multiplier. If a ship at fake 6X is 20 marks high, you'll use 10 marks on the AOBF to calculate the range. ACM works the same way but it has 2X and 6X zooms and the AOBF is set for 6X zoom. You can make an aditional 12X zoom and just divide the marks by 2. Or you can also check out Makman94's Manos Gui which (i think) works at 15X zoom . Good luck.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote