SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-17, 07:17 AM   #1
modelrrfan51
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
radar Manual torpedo attack

Is the manual targeting suppose to work the same for the rear tubes and it does for the front. When using the front tubes, manual targeting work great. Put in speed, AOB, but do not do range, since this seems to give me so really riducules angle, usually well after the target. But when use the rear tubes, put in speed, AOB, but do not do range. When look at the TDC, still show firing the front tubes. Only way to get a torpedo track on the attack map is to do the range. When do the range, this show torpedo track on attack map, but its almost at a 90 degree angle. So have to turn the sub until get the track back in front of target, then having to guess at fire time since now sub track is parallel to target in opposite directions depending on target course. So is there a secret to getting the rear tubes to work the same as the front tubes with the TDC? Also is the TDC suppose to reset after each attack? Know that when had to use range for a rear shot, next shot after that, the range stayed the same and had the do the range again for a front shot, and then torpedo track is behind target. I am using SH4 1.4, and this was a brand new disc in a sealed unopened box. So do I have some glitches and maybe need to uninstall and reinstall or do I need to figure out how to install any updates or mod to SH4.
modelrrfan51 is offline   Reply With Quote