Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 05-12-11, 09:53 AM   #1
Walshy
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Sounds ......... working on some edits.

Hi guy's I'm new here but I'll be doing a conversion of some of the weapons and engine sounds in the game that sound a bit too anaemic , eg. the MG-34, the 50 cal plus a good few others I hate the ingame 88 kwk 36 so I am working on it to give it a bit more oumph and throat. If I'm not satisfied with editing the ingame sound file I'll be looking for good basic sound files on t'internet!! I do have some sound recodings that I managed to pull of youtube, but if you have any files yourselves I'll be really grateful ................ . Zee if you would be so kind as to be a judge that would be great, I would like to run them by you first to see what you think ......

Over and out

Old 05-12-11, 12:49 PM   #2
Kapt. Q
Watch

Downloads: 38

I assume you are talking about T-34 vs Tiger? You might want to check out MMP7, it already has improved sounds, the 88 firing is really good. Ps. There is no 50.cal in TvT, 7.62mm DT MG.

Last edited by Kapt. Q; 05-12-11 at 01:00 PM.
Kapt. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 02:29 PM   #3
Walshy
Swabbie

Yes I am talking about TvT and there is a sound file in the sounds folder called 50cal_machinegun_fire, I have tried the MMp5 and MMP7 and to be honest I can't really tell the difference from stock when firing your own gun.
Walshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 11:44 PM   #4
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

I'll be looking forward to this, walshy!

Welcome aboard
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 01:00 AM   #5
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy View Post
Hi guy's I'm new here but I'll be doing a conversion of some of the weapons and engine sounds in the game that sound a bit too anaemic , eg. the MG-34, the 50 cal plus a good few others I hate the ingame 88 kwk 36 so I am working on it to give it a bit more oumph and throat. If I'm not satisfied with editing the ingame sound file I'll be looking for good basic sound files on t'internet!! I do have some sound recodings that I managed to pull of youtube, but if you have any files yourselves I'll be really grateful ................ . Zee if you would be so kind as to be a judge that would be great, I would like to run them by you first to see what you think ......

Over and out
Hi Walshy,
I been working on my computer all day (re-installing) and I.ll check them
out tomorrow and let you know.

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 11:57 AM   #6
Walshy
Swabbie

Head's melted I'm hearing gunfire and doing sound editing in my sleep!! LOL. I have done a good bit so far and when Zee get's back to me, (favourably I hope) I'll post a link to a short movie I captured with fraps to showcase some of the progress I've made. I dreamt last night about shooting a gun and in the dream I said, "I could edit that to get rid of the whiz!!???" bloody madness it is to be sure, begorra yerself, bejasus aye!!

P.s. Yes I'm Irish!!
Old 05-13-11, 02:17 PM   #7
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy View Post
Head's melted I'm hearing gunfire and doing sound editing in my sleep!! LOL. I have done a good bit so far and when Zee get's back to me, (favourably I hope) I'll post a link to a short movie I captured with fraps to showcase some of the progress I've made. I dreamt last night about shooting a gun and in the dream I said, "I could edit that to get rid of the whiz!!???" bloody madness it is to be sure, begorra yerself, bejasus aye!!

P.s. Yes I'm Irish!!
Ok Walshy, I like the 20mm, Mg34 and Pz6_gun_shoot but the pz6_gun_fire
sound is almost 7sec in length which is to long. Also both Tiger gun files are
much bigger in size then necessary. But keep at it your on the right track Walshy. And if you would consider maybe changing the shell sound a bit that that would include a background sound of the breech action (well oiled) too.

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 07:08 PM   #8
Walshy
Swabbie

Sent you one last edit Zee, see what you think .............. I'm off ta bed. See ya's tamarra, Slán and goodnight guys.
Old 05-18-11, 11:52 AM   #9
Walshy
Swabbie

Default Progress update .......

Still quietly working away on these, hopefully am making progress. Sounds edited or completely changed so far are; "soviet_gun_fire" added in a sound of the bolt being cocked for the next round; "soviet_autogun_fire" this was slightly too fast as it didn't sound to me like a maxim gun, found a recording of a firing of maxim on youtube; "german_autogun_fire" it sounded too weak so found a firing of the MG-42 and used the sound; "pz6_gun_fire" used an editied file from High Defination pack for Darkest Hour mod for Red Orchestra, don't know the author but will try find out and credit them for it; "flak20mmfire" sound taken of youtube of a Oerlikon cannon firing, as all 20mm cannon are a derivitive of this cannon I thought it would be the best to go with this; "german_gun_fire" same as soviet (added in the sound of the bolt being cocked for the next round) and "50cal_machinegun_fire" used the sound of the Browning .50 diring from youtube. Now the biggest change to date is the "pz6_gun_shoot" only thing I've kept is the shell release sound at the end of the file, I used the High def sound from Darkest hour mod for the front end of the sound and in the middle so to speak found the sound of a cannon breech being opened and closed on youtube. The sound in question is from the breech of a Paladin SPG. So the sound file sounds like this first you hear the 88 firing then immediatly after is the breech being opened and then finally the sound of the shell being released and hitting the floor, I take it that is what the high ringing bell like sound is. So work continues, I now have reduce the new sound file sizes and such, but the hunt goes on for new and better sounds .................. YeeeeeeeeeeeeeHahh Hiho Silver Awaaaaay!!!!!