Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 03-13-10, 11:14 PM   #16
Valantine
Planesman

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

You can assign most things to a stick: if you've got enough buttons of course!
It's all down to personal preferance really: I have my controls all set between my stick, keyboard and mouse but others prefer full hotas.
If you start using teamspeak for online flights etc. then that can also be set up for hotas control by emulating key strokes: just takes a while to get it setup and recognising it all.

Hell, shameless bit of advertising and all that: if you ever find yourself wanting some co-op styled IL2 feel free to check out JG53, link in my sig: there are quite a few subsimmers with us of varying activity levels: Failing that there is always the subsim "lolwaffles" found in one of the stickies at the top of this forum - multiplayer is certainly a lot more challenging and enjoyable than solo play
V

ARMA 3 Co-Op Battalion Recruiting Worldwide
http://www.iijg53.com
Valantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 09:13 AM   #17
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valantine View Post
Hell, shameless bit of advertising and all that: if you ever find yourself wanting some co-op styled IL2 feel free to check out JG53, link in my sig: there are quite a few subsimmers with us of varying activity levels: Failing that there is always the subsim "lolwaffles" found in one of the stickies at the top of this forum - multiplayer is certainly a lot more challenging and enjoyable than solo play
V
Thanks a lot for the invite. I read the manual this morning cover to cover, and it sounds very interesting.

I'm still learning the very basics. I nailed my first and only carrier landing last night... i'm about 1 for 8, LOL, and I haven't even sat in a 109 since Aces over Europe circa 1995. But after I get the hang of it I'll definitely look you guys up.

Flopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 08:35 PM   #18
Valantine
Planesman

Cool stuff!
You'll find that we recruit a wide variety of skilled pilots from guys who are brand new to those who are veterans of IL2.
Our training officers, and of course our general membership, are always ready to help out those with questions or difficulties: landings are one of the big things in IL2, very difficult to master but once you;ve cracked them you'll wonder what you had trouble with!
Keep at it and you'' find the IL2 109 a very versatile and dangerous beast!V

Old 03-14-10, 09:05 PM   #19
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Hmm... any tips I could give with those carriers...

well, first dont go too slow, you might stall in the last second and re decorate the carrier, and your plane. keep it around.. IDK, 170-190 kms... I guess plane pending...

next try to keep abit level with the plane, slowly decent flaps down, gears ready, tailhook down

ok so your getting close, put down gear (unless your Oberon, dosent matter then.)

So your about to touch down, drop throttle pull back to catch the rope, be prepared to gun it and go around...

Oah yea, with for the best. lol
Old 03-14-10, 10:29 PM   #20
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

I'm getting better... eject button programmed right where my thumb lays helps.

Hey are the carrier (or coral sea) replays geeked? I had recorded some landings on Okinowa and they were fine, but for example I'll record a flight and it will just have me decend and keep right on flying, but underwater, lol... speed 400, altitude -10???? Water splashing all over the place, and no cockpit view.

So yeah, even after a restart, NO carrier based replays work for me. I took off, and landed (not dead, but not pretty) and when I replay the track it just has me flying off the end and into the drink. What's up with that? Is it just me?

Flopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 12:07 PM   #21
Valantine
Planesman

Try setting them recording as you start the mission rather than use the after missions save track button.
Also I have found .NTRK recordings are more reliable
V