SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-08, 06:41 PM   #1
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default 3-MP BETA After Action Report on 022508

Notes on MP beta performance 022508

A. Platforms:

688i – zypher

Akula II – Vep’r Hull – suBB

Akula II – Ryus’ Hull – Molon Labe (I want this hull next time, pal)

B. Tasking:

K157 Vep’r – assume patrol routes along 43-24N and ensure security of restricted area. ROE hold until further notice.

C. Report

2300 – requested molon to go comms depth and establish link so we can assess the situation and develop a plan to maximize the coverage area of over 120nm. TU142 Bear and Helix are being deployed to the area from the airfield and command ship, respectively, currently off line. Molon was E/NE, AGI ship 1 was SW due E, AGI ship 2 was SE due W, and I figure making maneuvers directly south followed by course change towards molon would expand my coverage 3 fold while at the same time would help molon improve coverage on his end. I assume NAV mode due south, TA full scope.

2330 – TU142 Bear comes online informing us of commencing ASW operations by means of passive buoy search over the area.

0000 – Helix comes online informing us of the same thing by means of buoys and dipping sonar search.

0200 – reach NAV point, course change due NE towards molon. AGI ships 1 and 2 are converging at varying speeds. Last known position on molon is TBD.

0203 – received intel from High command that UAV was spotted, I make note on the nav map of last known position and time and resumed course due NE

0210 – received intel from AGI ship 1 that 688 has been detected and I’m over 50nm away from last known position. Molon is too far to do anything, but just as useful. As soon as link was received I start a manual track of the 688s’ position, and while in route, I requested molon to maintain radio link with AGI ship 1, with updates every 5 minutes. Shortly afterwards I prep stallion salvo and assume flank speed at optimized depth in route to attempt to intercept contact. Permission to attack has not been granted yet.

0222 – Received intel from high command that there was violation of airspace by the UAV and ROE status weapons free has been granted. From stallion launch depth and manual track data I set up a bracket salvo on 688, followed by a –27 torpedo farther north of the salvo. Soon as torps leave the sub I press in closer at flank. While in route I prep 53cm spread and –27 salvo. I’ve very little faith in stallions, so if I miss him, I’d hope the weapons combination would stall him while I’m in route.

0245 – rig for ultra quiet to –27 launch depth and received latest update on 688 whereabouts. Manual track is showing a course due N/NE placing ownship in his baffle zone – I made use of this. Based on latest data, I prep and deploy another bracket salvo of –27s, rig ultra quiet back across the layer and assume flank. I went active below the layer, but no clear indication of whereabouts – just echo ranging. While in route I prep 53cm bearing parameters to set up a spread shot. I also noticed that sometime after the –27 splash down, one did acquire but missed. Molon mentioned that data is becoming aged. I continue transiting into his baffle zone.

0315 – I’m about 20nm away from last known contact. In a final request of data from molon combined with a projected course from the manual track, I deploy another bracket salvo of –27s and a two salvo 53cm spread. Shortly afterward the 688 was acquired and destroyed before 53cm torps were enabled.

Comments:

A.. If zypher classed and avoided the vishnaya combined with my course change due NE, then more than likely our coverage area would have been infiltrated. Nice run guys let’s do it again.

B.. Optimized In Game Dynamics is alive and well and living up the claim from both sides of the scenario, over 10 ‘full functioning’ MP sessions that I make count of.

Thanks for the ride guys.
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-08, 08:52 PM   #2
zephyr
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

-game started with request to receive radio traffic, came shallow and got message to head for 43-24N by 0330hrs and UAV will be in area.

-good hard sonar check at slow speed, nothing but a whale, dropped below the layer and had another listen, still nothing.

-marked my longitude goal on the map, range circle puts me 57nm away with 4+ hours to get there.

-high-speed run for 20 minutes, slowed, popped above layer and changed course and immediately got a cargo ship to the east and BAMM!! that bloody Vishnaya was right there, like 10nm way. Got a good fix on her and tracked her to get her course in the off chance she missed me. (watching the replay, turns out my TMA isn't as rusty as I thought)

-dropped back under the layer, worked my way towards the cargo carrier (which was going the wrong way) hoping to hide in tne noise. had a listen below the layer, changed course again, another high speed run (hoping to get away)

0014hrs message recieved from XO suggesting going shallow to pick up UAV intel. (UAV was 30nm from 42-24N when recommendation came.)

slowed another course change and came shallow, recieved linked data and further confirmed location of cargo ship and thaty blasted Vishnaya. Actually considered sinking her and going for 'plausible deniability' but common sense got the better of me.

another drop below the layer, listen, nothing, and a series of high speed runs, course changes and fudging with the layer over the next while.

0217, a big bang(UAV being shot down).., recommend to go shallow for broadcast, almost immediately 4 torps in the water.

0222 XO advises of ROE 6nm breach, rocmmend battle stations nad weapons free

deep and fast then back east (still hoping to shake them) and then nice and slow for a listen. big long slow listen, ( I actually had a faint sniff down one bearing that was too faint to classify or tag on narrowband, but I was thinking Akula then lost it.

With time and range checks I knew I had to giddy-up to make my time limit(too much time trying to hide from the Vashnaya which had me anyway) so went deep and made a mad dash for the line..., and then "God have mercy!!" multiple torps from multiple bearings at multiple times. At this point running scared.., lots of decoys and depth and direction changes later, (where do you go when your getting run from three different directions all pretty much 120 degrees apart??)

Avoided first three. last set had me bad.., to the bottom I went. 16nm from my destination. Never even got a shot off..., hoping to be a ghost and still succeed in my mission.

Top, top marks for the game. This is what I envisioned getting out of this sim when I got it. Easily the most enjoyable mp experience for me yet, every move is a calculated gamble.., felt like' submarine chess'

Damn Vashnaya.....
zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote