SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-19, 11:43 AM   #1
DesertGhost
Seaman

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default Long time no see and not working station shortcuts

Ahoy all!

After quite a few years of absence I was thinking about revisiting SHIII and thus ended up here again.
I wanted to play with mods this time (since last few games I never got into that), so I installed a few and wanted to play.
Only thing is, three of the station shortcuts no longer work. To be more precise the F9, F10 and F11 keys stopped sending me to the stations. And I can't seem to figure out why.

I couldn't find if the question has been asked here before and hopefully there is something I can do which does not require me to uninstall and install everything again.

The mods I have installed are (also in order of installation):
GWX 3.0 Gold
GWX – Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX – Integrated Orders
GWX – VIIC41 Player sub
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
TMTv2+ThomsensShips v4.4 for GWX3 + Xtra ships
Waterstream+Exhaust combi v2.3 for GWX3
Damage texture 1.0
GWX – 16km Atmosphere
SH-5 Water For SH-3 Ultimate V10 16km
Torpedo damage Final Ver2.0
Thomsen’s Sound Pack V3.2cg

At first everything seemed to work fine, but after I started up fraps to try and take some screenshots, those three keys stopped working. Even when I close fraps they still don't work, so I'm a bit at loss what to do now. I don't know if it is something mod related or if Fraps maybe changed some files, although that seems unlikely I think.

Hope I'm at the right place and someone can help me!

Thanks!
It's time for you to return

DesertGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-19, 01:14 PM   #2
Damo
Captain

Downloads: 248

I have a suspicion it might be the flags and penants mod coming after GWX integrated orders, remove that frst see if it works then and if it does maybe swap them around in the order and see what happens. Just a hunch.

The owl and the pussycat went to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat.
It only took one T1 eel to convince that boat not to float.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-19, 01:54 PM   #3
DesertGhost
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo View Post
I have a suspicion it might be the flags and penants mod coming after GWX integrated orders, remove that frst see if it works then and if it does maybe swap them around in the order and see what happens. Just a hunch.
Hey! Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it out and disabled both mods, plus the Thomsen sound mod since that one also did something with a file the other two changed, but it was to no avail. I still can't use the F9, F10 or F11 keys.

Maybe the file where all the key shortcuts are was changed or something, but I have no clue where to find that one...
Maybe someone has another tip or suggestion, and if not, I'll just uninstall everything and retry everything tomorrow.

Old 05-17-19, 02:38 PM   #4
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGhost View Post
Hey! Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it out and disabled both mods, plus the Thomsen sound mod since that one also did something with a file the other two changed, but it was to no avail. I still can't use the F9, F10 or F11 keys.

Maybe the file where all the key shortcuts are was changed or something, but I have no clue where to find that one...
Maybe someone has another tip or suggestion, and if not, I'll just uninstall everything and retry everything tomorrow.
The commands_en.cfg file is what controls your keystroke commands. It is found in the sh3/data/cfg folder.
Starting at the last installed of your mods, look at the folders of it and see what the first one is that has the commands_en.cfg file in it.
Disable that and see if your keys work. If they do, that mod is the culprit.
If the keys still don't work, keep going up your mod list and disable each mod one at a time that has the file in it.
Chances are, one of your mods is overwriting this file and messing it up.
Old 05-17-19, 03:41 PM   #5
DesertGhost
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
The commands_en.cfg file is what controls your keystroke commands. It is found in the sh3/data/cfg folder.
Starting at the last installed of your mods, look at the folders of it and see what the first one is that has the commands_en.cfg file in it.
Disable that and see if your keys work. If they do, that mod is the culprit.
If the keys still don't work, keep going up your mod list and disable each mod one at a time that has the file in it.
Chances are, one of your mods is overwriting this file and messing it up.
Thanks. Also tried that, but I'm now at the base game + GWX 3.0 Gold, since I can't turn that one off with JSGME. Even then they still don't work. So I'm going to re-install it all tomorrow and then slowly work my way through the mods again to see if it happens again. Maybe my switching around with mods messed something up. I have a feeling Fraps messed it all up since after that it all went rubbish, so hopefully a fresh new start will help.

Thanks for all the input though! Will let know if I managed to work my way around it or not.

Old 05-18-19, 07:11 AM   #6
DesertGhost
Seaman

Well, I did a complete re-install, slowly added all the mods again and now they work just fine.
Although I did leave out the GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010 mod this time. Might test it with that one later again and will try running Fraps with it too to see if that might have caused the problem.
But for now the keys seem to work again.

EDIT: just tested with the mod. Everything worked fine. Tested Fraps right after that. Still everything fine. So I have no clue what might have caused it, but the re-install has managed to solve it.

Last edited by DesertGhost; 05-18-19 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-18-19, 02:17 PM   #7
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Glad you got it working.