SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-17, 05:23 PM   #1
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0
Default Can you cofirm if the Replay VCR playback feature is perfect or buggy?

Been impressed with Dangerous Waters except for 1 problem i am not happy with. I have not played allot and only my missions made thru editor, and noticed when using the playback replay vcr reviewing the mission, that weird buggy things happening while using replay feature, it will start out nice and smooth but eventually items like helicopters jump around in different locations torps dont move nice and smooth, they may act like they are not moving then jump to a new location much farther on the map. The replay does not seem to be smooth like in Sub Command, my replay vcr in Dangerous Waters is actually buggy to the point i am thinking about going back to Sub Command where it was nice and smooth. Do others notice the same problem with Dangerous Waters replay feature?

Thank you for any info!

Londog
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-17, 07:10 PM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

It's buggy as hell. The best solution I've found in the course of making my videos is to actually let the replay just play at 8 or 16x speed (as an aside, 16x time lapse in a DW match is buggy, but I'm not sure if playing a replay back at 16x is buggy) and then watching it that way. That'll give you the smoothest experience but it definitely adds a timely step to the process.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 04:28 AM   #3
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Thank you so much for the reply, I have never seen it brought up here so was wondering if it was something DW did not like with my computer. You said "I've found in the course of MAKING my videos is to actually let the replay just play at 8 or 16x speed" When you say "Making" did you mean playing?

Okay so you think its the time advance bar that is the problem but the regular 8x and 16x speed should be alright, i will give that a try.

I can not believe the makers of this game let this buggy replay viewer out to the public, must be a complicated mess or they would have fixed it. The time advance bar is complete garbage then, they should have just left the replay viewer like Sub Command, very strange why the left it in this state.

While playing the game you just dont get to see whats really going on around you and thats part of the fun of the sim, but another part is getting to see what exactly unfolded around you while you are submerged, and this buggy replay viewer does a lousy job at critical times to see what really happened.

Hopefully by Not using the Time Advance Bar the replay viewer will be nice and smooth like Sub Command is.

As far as both SC and DW with latest official Patch installed and just playing USA Subs any other bugs one game might have that the other game does not?

Which game SC or DW playing missions made with mission editor is the most stable and crash free over the long run playing a mission for hours with saves?

Thanks again.

Londog
Old 07-21-17, 08:49 AM   #4
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny007 View Post
Thank you so much for the reply, I have never seen it brought up here so was wondering if it was something DW did not like with my computer. You said "I've found in the course of MAKING my videos is to actually let the replay just play at 8 or 16x speed" When you say "Making" did you mean playing?
I make gameplay videos of Dangerous Waters on YouTube and I will record the replay for missions where I couldn't really figure out what was going on. Then, I'll speed up the boring bits a lot in post-production so the viewer doesn't have to sit through twenty minutes of watching the boring parts of a replay.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 11:55 AM   #5
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

Hi Lonny 007,
My advice ....stick with DW. And welcome.

Btw, do you remember our daily tank battles with Steel Beasts. From perspective of all this time, which has passed since then, that multiplier experience really stands out as fabulous time we both had. I know it is not that forum, but could not avoid this greetings and comment.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 12:40 AM   #6
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Well hello Polak its been a long time, Good to see you still are around the gaming community. Happy to find out replay viewer seems to show everything correctly as long as i dont use reverse buttons, so basically you have to watch the whole darn battle and can not rewind, i can live with this bug, sure strange while they did not fix it though, why put the nice time slider bar if it does not work correctly, they should have left it like Sub Commands Viewer i believe that one works correctly and lets you rewind.

So it seems most like DW and the added features to the sim compared to Sub Command subsim member Shkval does not appear to be happy with DW though.

Polak yes I do remember are great fun online battles with Steel Beast I had a blast with you playing that game. I got involved with Steel Beast early when there was allot of members and online battles almost every night. Steel Beast was my Best Online experience and gaming fun I have ever had.

I still have my Windows98SE Tower actual runs 24/7 and when i have time i play Mig Alley and European war and once in awhile i play a neat single mission i made with Steel Beast years ago. I also made a real neat random mission for CAW that plays out nicely, CAW is all strategy game and luck too nothing to do with how fast you can aim or operate a vehicle etc.

I would imagine with Sub Command and Dangerous Waters if the scenario was made just right it could be a very fun game to play each other online too. Slower pace action in some ways compared to Steel Beast, but i am getting older now and that could be a good thing hehe.

After playing you Polak that was about the end of my online gaming. I still play single player Silent Hunter 3 campaign mode, Vietcong quick battle lone wolf playing mostly lately this map called "thunder" something i think, i can barely ever pass this map its a good challenge for me.

Once in awhile my CAW random mission and I wanted to see if I could get back and like Sub Command or Dangerous Waters. Trying to make a fun random single player mission that i have imagined in my head and plays out like i would like it too. The replay viewer was pissing me off hehe but using the tips here i can live with that. Still need to play DW for awhile experimenting with it and make sure it pases all my test for me, but so far so good, I think DW will be a keeper for me!

I have older computers Polak but I have been wanting to buy the latest and greatest computer for Steel Beast Pro and join back up on the online community. Also would like to try some of the new games out in the past 5 to 10 years that i have missed and not played a few look like they could be fun.

Have you been playing much online, interesting to find you on the Subsim forum have you been playing much Sub Command or DW online or by yourself single player? Have you been playing any newer games since are day that you have played that are great, did you get into Steel Beeast Pro?

Atlantic Fleet looks good, i am trying to get my laptop to play it correctly. old Ati drivers are causing me a problem on that game.

Great to see you Polak, we will have to play on line in the future!
Old 07-22-17, 05:08 AM   #7
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

Hello Lonny007 again and thank you for great online time together quite a few years ago. Without perhaps further boring readers about "ancient history" of multiplying of two aging "old farts", instead, let me have few general and perhaps personal observations about computer gaming.

It is rather a quite surprising to me, that after all those years, I find natural evolution of gaming by pushing in better graphics on ever so faster hardware NOT necessary to be sure recipe for good, memorable and lasting gameplay experience.

Substance of the computer game matters the most and usually is taken for granted without proper accolades and appreciation. Weather it is complexity and realism of the simulation, originality of the gaming ideas, ability to express gamers smarts and creativity, or just right mixture of all of the elements.

Without it is just "more of the same" and is quickly enjoyed, but even quicker yet pushed aside and forgotten.

Dangerous Waters belongs to titles you remember and return to. This is why I am hanging out here atm.

Last edited by Polak2; 07-22-17 at 05:42 AM.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-17, 06:59 AM   #8
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Well said Polak I do agree! We will have to talk more, i am in the middle of trying to sell house, soon would like to get back into online gaming, DW could be fun with the right scenario, i very recently started playing DW still learning a few things. Do you play only USA Subs or Russia subs too Polak? Glad to run back into you, had a great time playing online with you, the mods you did for Steel Beast where very very nice still have all the different terrains you did. Did you ever get into Steel Beast Pro? Okay keep in touch Polak.

Londog