Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-17, 11:43 AM   #16
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Yeah, R.A. is bug ridden...
The main problem with RA is they make too many changes between releases without thoroughly testing them.
I wish they would just do less changes, but solid and tested to the detail.
Because in the end all those bugs just kill all the immersion of playing DW.
I really think, that this might be little too harsh opinion about RA and , in general, what RA have brought to DW community in the last few years.

Yes, reading posts in both forums, one here and another at RR RA DWX, it is clear that RA became quite vast, gigantic (and at this juncture of time, mind you, ...only) DW overhaul and extension to longevity , gameplay and life of this decade old computer complex and rather quite realistic naval simulation.

Given complexity of the original title, limitations of the ways the modding and changes are being made, changes in the hardware and OS and drivers during the last 10 years and finally the limits of what such a skimpy team can accomplish, this community should give mostly positive feedback and support of what is being done and accomplished.

It is not to say that we should not refrain from pointing to the problems and report bugs, which inevitably and clearly must be there sometimes, or better yet, offer our time and work to help to polish and further advance this great title. I fully understand the meaning and good intentions behind of the above post. I only would like to counter and balance this with my opinion in order not to leave the impression that RA is pile of junk and something to avoid.

In the time when some of the newcomers may step into this DW part of the Subsim forum, it is rather important to give them fair and full description of quite big changes and progress, which despite all odds, is going and happening here.

Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 12:14 PM   #17
A-Ganger
Sparky

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
Have you all fixes?
- Mike_wpn
- Oscar2_fix
- Database_NB_fix
I installed RA 1.42 and Oscar-2

Those are the only ones I see on http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/
A-Ganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 12:17 PM   #18
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

From link above your version of RA include Mike_wpn fix. You need only Database_NB - ask on Discord
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote