SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-07-15, 11:38 PM   #1
logruspattern55
Swabbie

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0
Default LWAMI 3.11 Install Problem on Windows 7 and 8

Cheers,

trying to get LWAMI 3.11 to work on my brother's computer. He's running Windows 7, DW 1.04 downloaded from Amazon. When running Installstuff.bat he gets an error with CMPUTIL. Can't remember the error code or text right now but it's been noted in the forum before. We tried making sure CMPUTIL was in the Graphics folder with no joy.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

*Edit: found out I'm having problems installing LWAMI 3.11 on my Windows 8 PC as well. I figured out the problem and the solution. Problem: The .bat file isn't running as intended for us in Windows 7 or 8. Running by clicking on it through file explorer, it seems that the .bat and CMPUTIL are denied access to the files and folders necessary to install the mod. Running as administrator, the .bat cannot even find the correct files.

Work around solution: I ran the .bat on a Windows XP PC, then copied all the LWAMI mod files back onto the Windows 8 PC. It worked. Note that I installed DW to the Win 8 machine, copied the whole DW folder with the uninstalled LWAMI files over to a portable drive, and then hooked it to my XP machine to run the .bat (the DVD drive on my XP PC does not work). Then I deleted the LWAMI files on the Win 8 PC and copied over only the LWAMI files from the portable drive that the XP machine had installed.

Along with Komat's fix (thank you, Komat!) for DW to run in Win 8 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=22), I am up and running DW with LWAMI 3.11 on a Windows 8 PC.

It would be great if the LWAMI creators and Subsim would host a version of LWAMI ready to install to Windows 7 and 8, even if it's only suitable for an otherwise unmodded DW install. I realize they're not my files, and I'm not paying hosting costs on Subsim either. However, I feel playing DW is incomplete without the LWAMI mod, and I have seen others are having the same issue trying to install LWAMI.

Cheers.

Last edited by logruspattern55; 03-09-15 at 08:22 PM.
logruspattern55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 05:54 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome back!

logruspattern55! after a bit of a silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 06:28 AM   #3
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Long time member...good to see you back posting

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote