SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-14, 07:49 AM   #646
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome Uberman7788

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 10:57 PM   #647
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberman7788 View Post
The mod says its compatible with GWX...

But it seems to have a completely different campaign. With WSM activated all of the harbors are messed up (only showing Brest, Bergen, Kiel, and Wilhelmshaven) and Brest is broken (get stuck in sub pen upon spawning).

Is there any way to have GWXs campaign, but with warships? I went to Scapa Flow in september 1939 for example, and there were no capital ships (IE, royal oak) like in GWX. Also the campaign doesn't start on august 1st, it starts on september 1st like in vanilla. Also almost all of the GWX harbors aren't showing up. And, I can only select up to 1943 not 1945.
I went to Scapa that early in a sub with a no extra mods play through of GWX3 and didn't find anything big either. Though I have no idea why you'd want to go into Scapa since the place is a death trap unless you've got the Bismark.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 10:59 PM   #648
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik von Trapp View Post
Warship Mod V3.0 on GWX 3.0 works flawlessly. Use JSGME to enable them. Choose only one folder at a time. Don't use all three simultaneously. Enemy planes, ASW, destroyers, frigates, and carriers are no match for the big two warships although HMS hood and HMS Nelson might give you a hard time. I came across these two in the north east and wow they're pretty tough but sinkable. HMS Hood sank while Nelson limped away while I'm stuck with a broken rudder and aflame. I had to do it all again.
That's why I love this mod. Unlike other playable warship mods(looking at you SH4 warship mods) the ships in this one aren't invincible while they also don't explode the first time they get hit by a salvo from another BB.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 11:16 PM   #649
Evil_Irish
Swabbie

Downloads: 28
Help with no guns on ships and no Bismarck

Hello, I recently rediscovered this thread and I really wanted to try out the game with this mod since I enjoyed GWX and just plain silent hunter 3. I am having a couple of issues.

1. I am not 100 percent sure how to install this mod to the JSGME folder. Now my base silent hunter 3 is located on my d harddrive. I should note that this is a steam game verison of silent hunter 3. Now I have placed the whole WSM3.0 GWX 3.0 folder in the mods folder for JSGME and I followed the instructions but I never got the Ge1 2 or 3 folders to appear. Instead I then just put the GE files directly into the mods folder. IS this correct?

2. THe harbor names when I start a career do not make sense nor do they line up. When i try to start a game only kiel gives me a ship the rest Wilhemshaven and it says Brest but it just spawns me at Wilhemshaven give me u boats. Now the only ship I can get is the deutschland which is fine while I start but I really would rather start with the Bismarck. How can I fix this issue? Also the Deutschland spawns in with no guns and I cant figure out how to get the main battery to appear. Any help with this would be really appreciated. I really want to smash things with the Bismark.

Do I need to do a clean install and wipe stuff out of regedit and all that because if so I forget how to do that.
Like I said any help would be great.
Thanks
Mike.
Evil_Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 02:07 AM   #650
Succat
Torpedoman

Downloads: 74

Actual download links for WSM Mods:

WSM2.0 Standard SHIII v1.4:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cw...2.0SH3V1.4.rar

WSM3.0 Standard SHIII v1.4:

http://sh3mods.silenthuntermods.com/...3.0SH3V1.4.rar

WSM3.0 (for) GWX3.0:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6o...M3.0GWX3.0.rar

Succat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 02:15 AM   #651
Succat
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Irish View Post
Hello, I recently rediscovered this thread and I really wanted to try out the game with this mod since I enjoyed GWX and just plain silent hunter 3. I am having a couple of issues.

1. I am not 100 percent sure how to install this mod to the JSGME folder. Now my base silent hunter 3 is located on my d harddrive. I should note that this is a steam game verison of silent hunter 3. Now I have placed the whole WSM3.0 GWX 3.0 folder in the mods folder for JSGME and I followed the instructions but I never got the Ge1 2 or 3 folders to appear. Instead I then just put the GE files directly into the mods folder. IS this correct?

2. THe harbor names when I start a career do not make sense nor do they line up. When i try to start a game only kiel gives me a ship the rest Wilhemshaven and it says Brest but it just spawns me at Wilhemshaven give me u boats. Now the only ship I can get is the deutschland which is fine while I start but I really would rather start with the Bismarck. How can I fix this issue? Also the Deutschland spawns in with no guns and I cant figure out how to get the main battery to appear. Any help with this would be really appreciated. I really want to smash things with the Bismark.

Do I need to do a clean install and wipe stuff out of regedit and all that because if so I forget how to do that.
Like I said any help would be great.
Thanks
Mike.

Well, lets start again:

1.) Extract everything.

2.) Install JSGME inside your SHIII folder.

3.) Start JSGME and create the "MODS" folder inside the SHIII folder.

4.) Copy all mods (GWX and WSM) inside the "MODS" folder.

5.) Open JSGME then activate GWX mods first then the "WSM3.0-GWX" mod.

6.) Close JSGME after "WSM3.0-GWX" install and open it again! Now you should see the GEI, GEII and GEIII folders and activate the one you like.

So to make GE folders visible you need to close and reopen JSGME after the WSM3.0 install.

At the end, it should look like this (dont care about the other mods just focus on GWX and WSM, i have an additional ammo mod for WSM activated):

Old 06-15-14, 07:21 PM   #652
Wadelma
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succat View Post
Well, lets start again:

1.) Extract everything.

2.) Install JSGME inside your SHIII folder.

3.) Start JSGME and create the "MODS" folder inside the SHIII folder.

4.) Copy all mods (GWX and WSM) inside the "MODS" folder.

5.) Open JSGME then activate GWX mods first then the "WSM3.0-GWX" mod.

6.) Close JSGME after "WSM3.0-GWX" install and open it again! Now you should see the GEI, GEII and GEIII folders and activate the one you like.

So to make GE folders visible you need to close and reopen JSGME after the WSM3.0 install.

At the end, it should look like this (dont care about the other mods just focus on GWX and WSM, i have an additional ammo mod for WSM activated):

Hey!

I've downloaded what says WSM3.0GWX3.0 in the RAR, but upon opening, it only contains a single WSM3.0 version that does crash my SH3. This doesn't appear like the same folder in your modslist in JSGME. Or is the loading time just hilariously long with this mod? Gets stuck to around 90% completion and is there loading the level for 10 minutes or more (Never tried waiting for longer)
Where did you get your GWX version of the mod?
Old 06-15-14, 11:48 PM   #653
Succat
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadelma View Post
Hey!

I've downloaded what says WSM3.0GWX3.0 in the RAR, but upon opening, it only contains a single WSM3.0 version that does crash my SH3. This doesn't appear like the same folder in your modslist in JSGME. Or is the loading time just hilariously long with this mod? Gets stuck to around 90% completion and is there loading the level for 10 minutes or more (Never tried waiting for longer)
Where did you get your GWX version of the mod?

Hey mate,

serval things so say:

1.) "WSM3.0GWX3.0" ist the moddifed version of the so called Warship Mod 3.0 which ONLY works with the supermod GWX3.0, download and install here: http://www.thegreywolves.com/downloads/

It will propaly crash your stock SHIII 1.4v version when you install it without installing GWX3.0 before (i gues it does but i nevers tryed it)

When you wanna play WSM3.0 without GWX3.0 you need to use the download for "WSM3.0 Standard SHIII v1.4".

2.) All Kaleuns should now, loading times always gets longer and longer depends on which mods you use, loading time for supermods like LSH5.1 ist about 5-10 min for me (at game start to menu and at real game start).

3.) The Modlist i posted is my personal tryout combination of mods that working with WSM and GWX without crashing the game, they are not included in the files above. Most of them are only sound or text mods because changing major files in a supermod most the time results in a crash and WSM with surface ships is very special here.

And rememeber, with WSM you can never save and reload a game, it will always crash, a bug ChineseU47 never found/fixed in the mod, so bring enough time for a patrol with you if you wanna play carer mode.

Good Luck Kaleun

Old 06-16-14, 04:22 AM   #654
Wadelma
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Hey mate,

serval things so say:

1.) "WSM3.0GWX3.0" ist the moddifed version of the so called Warship Mod 3.0 which ONLY works with the supermod GWX3.0, download and install here: http://www.thegreywolves.com/downloads/

It will propaly crash your stock SHIII 1.4v version when you install it without installing GWX3.0 before (i gues it does but i nevers tryed it)

When you wanna play WSM3.0 without GWX3.0 you need to use the download for "WSM3.0 Standard SHIII v1.4".

2.) All Kaleuns should now, loading times always gets longer and longer depends on which mods you use, loading time for supermods like LSH5.1 ist about 5-10 min for me (at game start to menu and at real game start).

3.) The Modlist i posted is my personal tryout combination of mods that working with WSM and GWX without crashing the game, they are not included in the files above. Most of them are only sound or text mods because changing major files in a supermod most the time results in a crash and WSM with surface ships is very special here.

And rememeber, with WSM you can never save and reload a game, it will always crash, a bug ChineseU47 never found/fixed in the mod, so bring enough time for a patrol with you if you wanna play carer mode.

Good Luck Kaleun
Yeah, I know it is the GWX version. Wouldn't be downloading it otherwise
I've been lurking here for the longest time.
But the file inside has no indication of it saying it was for GWX3.0 whereas you have it say it is indeed the GWX version in the JSGME list. This confuses me the most.
My issue comes when I ctrl alt delete away from the window after 15 minutes of waiting and I have a popup waiting that's saying it has crashed.

I tried disabling all my mods through JSGME and it still keeps doing this.

Edit: After a completely fresh install of everything it works now.

Last edited by Wadelma; 06-16-14 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-16-14, 04:59 AM   #655
Succat
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadelma View Post
But the file inside has no indication of it saying it was for GWX3.0 whereas you have it say it is indeed the GWX version in the JSGME list.
Allright, i just uploaded you my version from my game folder, try this one:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...0-GWX.rar.html

Old 06-19-14, 03:53 PM   #656
Wadelma
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Allright, i just uploaded you my version from my game folder, try this one:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...0-GWX.rar.html
Pardon the late reply
Thanks a bunch! This seems to work more stable than my previous version.
You rock
Old 06-24-14, 10:31 PM   #657
Evil_Irish
Swabbie

Downloads: 28
Default Thanks and I could use help with ammo amounts.

I figured out the issue. It was that I kept installing the game to my d drive instead of the C and GWX along with the warship mod were not able to read certain files. What I would like to do now is add more ammo to the guns of the Bismarck.Now I have looked at the basic.cfg files and I have not seen the stuff for the main battery listed. Is that because the game considers them the same as the regular deck gun? If someone is familiar with this and where to locate specifically the ammo amounts, I would be great full. I just need more shells cause the ai cant shoot for ****. haha
Evil_Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 11:43 PM   #658
Succat
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Irish View Post
I figured out the issue. It was that I kept installing the game to my d drive instead of the C and GWX along with the warship mod were not able to read certain files. What I would like to do now is add more ammo to the guns of the Bismarck.Now I have looked at the basic.cfg files and I have not seen the stuff for the main battery listed. Is that because the game considers them the same as the regular deck gun? If someone is familiar with this and where to locate specifically the ammo amounts, I would be great full. I just need more shells cause the ai cant shoot for ****. haha
Thats an easy one..."basic.cfg" file is correct. Just make a copy of this file from the "GE" package you activatet and create a new folder which name you like, four example: "GEI_AMMO MOD" and use the original structure for the file which is: "FOLDER NAME" -> "data" -> "Cfg" and place the file basic.cfg here.

Now open it and search for this block:

Code:
[SUBMARINE_AMMOLIMITS1]  ;105mm
MaxAmmoPerSlot=100

[SUBMARINE_AMMOLIMITS2]  ;88mm
MaxAmmoPerSlot=100

[SUBMARINE_AMMOLIMITS3]  ;37mm
MaxAmmoPerSlot=100

[SUBMARINE_AMMOLIMITS4]  ;20mm
MaxAmmoPerSlot=100
... and modify as you like. After that, put the folder in the mod folder and activate it after activating the WSM mod and overwrite, so you can easliy keep the original files untouched.

Here is an example:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-..._AMMO.rar.html

Old 08-15-14, 11:53 PM   #659
Anonymous4245
Watch

Downloads: 103

so like is there actually a DL Link for that A-150 and H39? lel
Anonymous4245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-14, 06:59 AM   #660
Grzesiek1109
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 16

I have 2 questions:
1. how can I use depth charge on destroyer ?
2. Graf Zeppelin is aircraft carrier so can I launch planes ? ( sorry for my bad english )
Grzesiek1109 is offline   Reply With Quote