SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-15, 12:19 PM   #181
RushTheBus
Engineer

Downloads: 211
Uploads: 0

just curious if anyone has this running, CTD free, with GWX?
RushTheBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-15, 12:22 PM   #182
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

Can't say about campaign, but naval academy and single missions work well. Do you use 4GB patch?
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-15, 12:36 PM   #183
RushTheBus
Engineer

I do, I just always seem to have an issue with the installation steps in order to get it working properly that is...
Old 07-22-15, 01:11 PM   #184
jaxa
The Old Man

Hmm, I just use jsgme and everything is fine. Nothing else is necessary. Be sure to enable it at last to avoid any conflicts.
Old 07-22-15, 04:04 PM   #185
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

I installed the boats with the VIIC U-96 skin with this order:

VIIB-VIIC[1939-1941]-transit
Skin U-96-W

And all works fine (commands, model, etc), but I have black textures for the hull:

The models are superbe, the nest for SH3. Really I want to correct this problem!

My complete JSGME list:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SH3\MODS]

GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Integrated Orders
WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
New Uboat Guns 1.2
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
FM30_UpDown_final
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
Conning Tower open Hatch TestFMfood
Depthcharge Shake v2.01
Aces' Multimod compatability fix release v1.3 public beta
Aces' Super Turms v6 for GWX
Rapt0r's Das Boot Interior
Rapt0r's Instruments V3.5
Pascal_Port_People
BMW-R75 v.1 by TP
Dönitz Aces - Custom Emblems
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
TMTv2+ThomsensShips v4.4 for GWX3+Xtra ships
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
Combat Radio Frequency
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
GWX Speech
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
Rbs2withbuoyance
Rbs3withlifeboat
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Black]
No Medals On Crew [Patch]
Compulsory U-boat Headdress - GWX 2.0
b25_SF_Grass_Full_V2
B25_Deck_Crew_Ambient
Haunting Atlantic Wind
Karle's_Crash_Dive_Mod
Scirè-Tikigod- repeated order
Real Depth Charge
TiefeMkI(German)
TorpedoTubesFfireFinal vGW
_LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Schiffshorn-Leuchtkugeln-Seenotsignal
_LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Spezialeffekte-Gross
pascal_map
DD_VisibleMines_V1.0
Water Drops Blur Effect MaGUI v3.4 Widescreen Compat
Ultimate ObjectView Camerav1.0
Diesel Startup Sequence for FM Engine Room beta 1
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
Flags_enlighten
Aces' Super Turms v5.1+ GWX all U-Boats Bearded Crew On Deck Add On
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
Rubini´s Chief Helsman stress behaviour fix
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1
CCoM_8.x_Bug_Hecktorpedoraum_V1.0
Dunkle_Torpedos
Aces' St.Nazaire Super Pens v5.1 GWX Version
Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files v4
Aces' Modified Headphones
Moon_light_mod
From Aces Try This
Aces' Super Turms v6 Damo's Type 7 Atmospheric Interior lighting add-on v2 (Ccom Torpedo Rooms Compat)
MFM3.2 displacement correction mod
External Cargo from SH5
Evans Uniforms
Ice Age
M04B-MX04B
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final Version
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Torpedo_HAHD_1024_GWX
En_menu My way
Optional NavMapTable
Optional UzoBkgr
WAC4.1 8k Atmosphere_UnderwaterBlue
More wounded & less dead crew v2 - for V16B1 (JSGME)
VIIB-VIIC[1939-1941]-transit
Skin U-96-W

Many thanks for the great work and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-15, 11:13 PM   #186
Wise
Engineer

Downloads: 5

@jaxa

Quote:
I've noticed two graphic glitches - KDB has different colour than rest of the boat and 2cm Flak mounted on early version of VIIB behind Turm has no reflections on the water.

Yes, you are right. In both cases there are mistakes. the 3D model of KDB has texture from SH5. For this reason KDB color differs from color of boat in general. The antiaircraft gun has controler of reflection in water, but value 'Reflection'-0, for this reason the effect of reflection in water doesn't work. Many thanks for information. On the final version of mod it will be corrected.

Quote:
I see that generally you use dark colour skins. During IIWW Germans use two colours painting their U-boots - Dunkelgrau 31 (Dark Grey) and Hellgrau 31 (Light Grey). Light Grey was used more often than Dark Grey - could you create proper skin for your models?
it would be better looking and more real to create rusty and "fatigued" skins. Now they look like directly from shipyard
I united these two questions together. You are again right: at present boats look so, as if, they literally now from shipyard. It is my initial plan: to make mod in which there will be "new" boats and after that to make some various skins (light, dark, rusty, shabby and concrete camouflages). On my plan these skins will be connected at will from above the basic mod. But at first I want to finish completely work 3d.

Quote:
Don't know why, but 7b krieg 39, 7b vorkrieg and stock one have the same skin with two emblems - 7th flotilla and skull with hat and umbrella. Is it possible to make clean skin without them?

Hmmm... it can't be. Possibly, from above the basic mod, you connected a skin of "U47" and forgot it to disconnect?

@fitzcarraldo

For a start try to connect this to game:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9fdxf4jothielxr/FixAllSubGWX.7z
If the problem doesn't disappear, we will think further.
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 03:13 AM   #187
jaxa
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
@jaxa

I united these two questions together. You are again right: at present boats look so, as if, they literally now from shipyard. It is my initial plan: to make mod in which there will be "new" boats and after that to make some various skins (light, dark, rusty, shabby and concrete camouflages). On my plan these skins will be connected at will from above the basic mod. But at first I want to finish completely work 3d.
It sounds very promising, I'll be waiting for that

Another thing, which makes me crazy - radio antenna. I use your commands_en.cfg, but can't force antenna to rise and down (Shift+V).
Is it possible to make it up all the time and rotate? Or maybe I do something wrong.

About skin with emblems 7th flotilla and skull/hat/umbrella - I enable your mod without additional skins. Never mind, with 7b vorkrieg, 7b krieg or with stock model I see always these emblems on turm. With 7b vorkrieg it is number 45 over skull emblem. Using 7b 1940 turm there is no problem, only with VIIA-like turm.

@fitzcarraldo, do you use Wise's mod playing after 1941? I had similar problem with black hull textures choosing 7c type in single missions after 1941 year.
Old 07-23-15, 07:57 AM   #188
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
For a start try to connect this to game:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9f...ixAllSubGWX.7z
If the problem doesn't disappear, we will think further.
With this mod, I have CTD in all: Navy Academy, Missions and Campaign.

I continue to investigate.

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 07-24-15, 02:22 AM   #189
Wise
Engineer

@jaxa

Quote:
Another thing, which makes me crazy - radio antenna. I use your commands_en.cfg, but can't force antenna to rise and down (Shift+V).
Is it possible to make it up all the time and rotate? Or maybe I do something wrong.
Open your file "commands_en.cfg" and edit it, as shown in a screen:

Quote:
About skin with emblems 7th flotilla and skull/hat/umbrella - I enable your mod without additional skins. Never mind, with 7b vorkrieg, 7b krieg or with stock model I see always these emblems on turm. With 7b vorkrieg it is number 45 over skull emblem. Using 7b 1940 turm there is no problem, only with VIIA-like turm.

I checked archive of mod. In mod everything is all right. Once again attentively look at your JSGME list. For full persuasiveness disconnect everything that is connected with the mod of VII.
After that, pass in the address: SilentHunterIII\data\Textures\TNormal\tex, and check this folder. There shouldn't be TGA "TURM-VIIA". If it is there, so, previously you have connected a skin of "U47" and there was a glitch of the JSGME program. But it is improbable. Miracles on light don't happen and I still think that you forgot to disconnect a skin of "U47". I don't see other reason.

@fitzcarraldo

Quote:
With this mod, I have CTD in all: Navy Academy, Missions and Campaign.

hmm... affairs are bad.
Unfortunately, I don't use anything from this that is at you in the list of mods of JSGME. I don't know that is in these mods. It isn't known, what files have the conflict to files of mod VII. I have an assumption that in your configuration of game there are own errors of the boats-AI WAC, similar to errors of the boats-AI GWX (coincidence of ID-numbers). Earlier I already asked kovall to deal with this problem. But kovall is still much occupied. I can't precisely tell when it can be free.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=17
According to this link Steve told very much a piece of good advice. This council very useful. I recommend to you.
Old 07-24-15, 02:56 AM   #190
jaxa
The Old Man

Quote:
@jaxa

I checked archive of mod. In mod everything is all right. Once again attentively look at your JSGME list. For full persuasiveness disconnect everything that is connected with the mod of VII.
After that, pass in the address: SilentHunterIII\data\Textures\TNormal\tex, and check this folder. There shouldn't be TGA "TURM-VIIA". If it is there, so, previously you have connected a skin of "U47" and there was a glitch of the JSGME program. But it is improbable. Miracles on light don't happen and I still think that you forgot to disconnect a skin of "U47". I don't see other reason.
OK, I'll try to check it as you described.
I suppose it may be related to jsgme - I had sometimes problems that jsgme doesn't disable all files of used mod and lost some of them. Need to make fresh installation of SH3 and investigate it deeper.
Old 07-24-15, 06:59 PM   #191
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:

hmm... affairs are bad.
Unfortunately, I don't use anything from this that is at you in the list of mods of JSGME. I don't know that is in these mods. It isn't known, what files have the conflict to files of mod VII. I have an assumption that in your configuration of game there are own errors of the boats-AI WAC, similar to errors of the boats-AI GWX (coincidence of ID-numbers). Earlier I already asked kovall to deal with this problem. But kovall is still much occupied. I can't precisely tell when it can be free.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=17
According to this link Steve told very much a piece of good advice. This council very useful. I recommend to you.
Probably the Aces Super Turms needs an uninstallation. I need to do a new install of SH3 (with MultiSH3), apply GWX and the new boats. I will do it in the weekend.

Many thanks for the support!

Fitzcarraldo

Old 07-24-15, 11:17 PM   #192
RushTheBus
Engineer

Fitz, I'm pretty sure (after alot of elimination) that the FM interior mod causes a CTD with this mod. At least it did in my setup w/ GWX.
Old 07-28-15, 04:15 AM   #193
Wise
Engineer

For whom the antenna doesn't work: I apologize. In mod I forgot to include the DF_ANT.dat file. Please, find this file in mod of NEW VERSION OF IXB&IXC Type or German U-Boats Compilation from Ahnenerbe, or in any other to mod where it is provided, and include this file in mod VII (in the data\Library folder), or, connect this file in game a different method which is more convenient to you. Once again, excuse.
For Kaleun Kot Begemot my personal thanks.
Old 07-28-15, 01:34 PM   #194
RushTheBus
Engineer

So you updated the link on the 1st page and that missing file is now included?
Old 08-17-15, 02:38 PM   #195
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Downloads: 80

Лёха, вот ещё забабахал скинок на U-453. Но как видишь, на скрине из редактора что рубка, что корпус, одним цветом, а в игре разница на лицо. Редактировал параметры в S3D, но толком ничего не добился. Часть корпуса, что относится к рубке в dat, настроена под рубку по цвету, поэтому и косячит. Играл цветами в редакторе, но толком не добился ничего. В каком месте эта часть корпуса находится в tga, что бы можно было с ней поработать? А то по этой причине и цвета камуфляжа так-же при наложении и перекрытии хамелеонят от изначального. Я тебе шкуру на U-83 скинул, посмотри. Удачи камрад!!

I apologize for the Russian language, here there is a way to communicate, is unique to the Russian-speaking, translation is not correct.

Ahnenerbe is offline   Reply With Quote