SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-22-14, 04:32 PM   #256
pathealey2
Nub

Downloads: 282
Uploads: 0
Default To Rhodes on how to split file

I made duplicate file for FM interiors folder - then i split the NSS_uboat7 file into 2 parts ( as it is the largest component of mod) and placed in duplicate file. Just keep file structure same C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\MODS\FM_interiors pt2\data\Interior\NSS_Uboat7.
I hope it works for you.
One must find the good in any situation- especially XP.
pathealey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-14, 06:25 AM   #257
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygollygosh View Post
I hope I have not got the wrong end of the stick and totally misunderstood your post. Your situation with XP running fm interiors and Win 7 not. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
No you did not and and join the club, I also can't understand why this happens. I have the 4gb patch enable.
I will try to see if pathealey2 method can fix this or not.
Thank you!
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 01:14 PM   #258
gord96
Commodore

Downloads: 57

looks great! i will use this for sure!

Correct me if I am wrong, but is there a mod similar to this for the Type II?

Thanks!
gord96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 11:07 AM   #259
padi
Officer

Downloads: 126

Yes , there is such a mod.
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 07:37 AM   #260
Jochem
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 245
This work is outstanding and gorgeous....I'm really impressed. This is a MUST have. Bravo et merci infiniment to share your beautiful work with us. Thankx very, very much...

PS: I should not imagine that, SHIII, today impressed me at this point. All I can say is that my system run like a charm with SHIII GWX:

Antec P193, Seasonic M12D, QuadCore i7_960@3316 MHz, Cooler Master V8, eVGA X58 SLI MICRO, Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 3 TO (x2), 12Go DDRIII-1333, eVGA GeForce GTX 680 Classified (4096 Mo DDR5 VRAM), Iiyama ProLite E2607WS [26" LCD], Windows Seven x64, Logitech G9 Laser Mouse, Logitech G19s Keyboard, Logitech G13 Advanced gameboard, Logitech Flight System G940, Logitech G35 Surround Sound Headset, Creative Labs 5.1 Inspire T6100, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5.

Edit: Finally, I notice that the mod is not totally compatible with others interior mods like aces super turms, coning tover, damo's light and open hatch. So i'm going to seek here and here if I could find more recent informations...

<< "Quod me non necat me fortiorem facit"...

Last edited by Jochem; 03-25-14 at 04:57 PM.
Jochem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 06:11 PM   #261
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochem View Post

Edit: Finally, I notice that the mod is not totally compatible with others interior mods like aces super turms, coning tover, damo's light and open hatch. So i'm going to seek here and here if I could find more recent informations...
...but Aces Super Turms and the other mods are totally compatible with CCom full interiors. Not so detailed as NewInteriors v2, but a nice choice if you can´t live without the Aces mods.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 09:33 AM   #262
Jochem
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
...but Aces Super Turms and the other mods are totally compatible with CCom full interiors. Not so detailed as NewInteriors v2, but a nice choice if you can´t live without the Aces mods.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Ahoy Fitz,

Glad to see you after all this time! Thank you for your reply, but as you can imagine I have not wasted my time tonight. In fact, I found another way to add new compartments in my typ 7, compatible with the necessary Aces's modifications , of course. And since the configuration of my system allows it, I was looking forward to push silent hunter 3 in these rentranchements to see what happens.

However, out of curiosity, I wanted to enjoy the Flam's work on my system...What emotion...To see these guys sleep in their bunks...It touched me deeply...I felt, well they slept, they were alive. It was very touching.

So, I had to start everything from the beginning, and I had read long, wide and across pages and pages of the forum to find a consensus. And I must say, you helped me a lot there. I read everything on the Flakmonkey's topic mod; three, four, five times, could not remember (there are some pages indeed), the topic "New compartments", talking, among other things, the mod ccom. I have read and reread, although recess, tons of information issued by Aces on his page about Super Turms and everything that revolves around it. It's simple, as you see me, I did not sleep that night. I had to sleep three hours since noon. But the result was worth it, I confirm this !

Moreover, in this regard, I would like to thank everyone of the subsim forumers without which this game would have left long forgotten. Thanks to Neal to make Subsim possible. How much time have gone by since Fighting Steel ! Thanks to Jaesen Jones, TheDarkWraith, Brett25, Flakmonkey, Thomsen, Raptor, Venatore, Aces, JcWolf, Rubini, Carotio, OLC, Fubar, Desertstriker, Makman, GWX team, Plissken and you, Fitzcarraldo, and all others I may have forgotten. Thanks to all of of you to make Silent hunter III, always today a great submarine simulator.

I will create a new topic with a modifications list that I have mixed together.

<< "Quod me non necat me fortiorem facit"...

Last edited by Jochem; 03-26-14 at 10:45 AM.
Jochem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-14, 11:23 AM   #263
Nukesub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 56

Hello,

Before I say anything else I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for making this incredible mod! It absolutely adds value to my SH3 experience

I have just a question or two. Firslty, using v1.0, whenever I click on the Engine Room area (the spot in the command room that should take you to the engine room) the camera instead seems to disconnect from wherever it is pointing at that time and floats up to the top of the sub.

Also, when I am on the bridge the camera seems to be disconnected by default. It will stay with the bridge as the Uboat moves, but if I move the arrow keys it moves away instead of staying in place and moving the 'view direction' around as it does without the mod.

Perhaps this is intended and I cannot read? ><

Either way, if anyone could weigh in on this behavior it would be much appreciated. For reference I have GWX 3 Gold and SH3Commander.

Thank you in advance!
Nukesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 06:48 PM   #264
CptCrunch
Seaman

Downloads: 65
Can I have some info on this mod please?

Hi,

I have installed this mod. I'm already running GWX Gold. I'm in port, sailing a type IXB. I can't get the mod to work. Is it OK with GWX? Is it specifically for a type VII or will it work with all the installed u-boats? Do I have to start a new career to get it to work? Somewhat perplexed :k_confused

Thanks for any help with this:-)

Krunch
CptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 08:35 PM   #265
diesel97
Sailor man

Downloads: 327

Just for type 7 - install with jgsme, start a new career and you're good to go.
Old 04-14-14, 10:04 AM   #266
ParaHandy
Watch

Downloads: 16

I'm running SH3 + GWX and Commander. Other than half a dozen GWX mods, I'm only using the debris and lifeboats. I've installed this, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Am I right in thinking that I should press SHIFT+F2 to enter free cam, and I should then be able to move along the length of the boat into other compartments? When I try and move beyond the control room or the radio room I get the "Camera out of sectors" message.
ParaHandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 01:24 PM   #267
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaHandy View Post
I'm running SH3 + GWX and Commander. Other than half a dozen GWX mods, I'm only using the debris and lifeboats. I've installed this, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Am I right in thinking that I should press SHIFT+F2 to enter free cam, and I should then be able to move along the length of the boat into other compartments? When I try and move beyond the control room or the radio room I get the "Camera out of sectors" message.
When you activate your mods, does JSGME warn that any New Intdriors files are being overwritten?
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 03:11 PM   #268
ParaHandy
Watch

Downloads: 16

I think maybe the torpedo damage 2.0 mod I installed done so. I've uninstalled all other mods and I'm going to start a new career and see if it works.

In theory, that's how it should work tho right? Shift+F2 to go thru to the other compartments? I've looked for the PDF flakmonkey describes in the OP but it isn't in the file (downloaded from here) and his link is dead, long ago I'd imagine.

ETA - Actually, I hadn't installed it. I'd kinda messed up with where I'd put my JSGME folder. I subsequently installed it but all I can see are the crew members bathed in red light. Everything else is just blackness....

I think perhaps my old laptop met it's match. Gutted, it looks absolutely spectacular. Cheers for the help anyway BigW.

Last edited by ParaHandy; 04-14-14 at 03:34 PM.
ParaHandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-14, 03:31 AM   #269
flakmonkey
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaHandy View Post
I subsequently installed it but all I can see are the crew members bathed in red light. Everything else is just blackness....
Strangely that sounds like a bug i used to get, possibly related to the games software antialiasing/bloom, all the static meshes would vanish leaving just the crew visible.

Try hitting shift+pgdn a few times to turn off the aa/bloom effect and see if everything reappears.
Old 04-23-14, 06:27 AM   #270
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Hey flakmonkey are u still working on your interrior? If it is so how is your work on the aft torpedoroom going?

Last edited by SnipersHunter; 04-23-14 at 06:37 AM.
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote