SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-30-09, 04:48 PM   #16
sunvalleyslim
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 267
Uploads: 0

GWX,
Too much joy has come from GWX to ever have an angry thought about your and your team. We have enjoyed each and every change that has come about in GWX. You and your team have given so much to us the fans, that there seems a lack of proper appreciation we can give back. A mere Thank You just doesn't sound like enough.....We all wish you the Best in the Future in whatever you decide to do. Just remember you will not be forgotten....
Old 08-30-09, 04:53 PM   #17
Laufen zum Ziel
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 853
Uploads: 457

Default D.I.D. Tribute

Your team was the best. You have, and will continue to give me many hours of enjoyment.

You have taken SHII from a simulation and made it "Our Game". Please do not lose your skills and abitity to do this.

I will miss you and your surprises.

Old 08-30-09, 04:55 PM   #18
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Thank you for all you have done for the community. SALUTE

My consolation is that you guys will stay around here and be one of the most powerful assets with your experience and advice for the new generation of modders that will some day appear with SH5. People whose names we don't even know right now will appear sooner or later and take over, but unlike others before, they will not start with empty hands. They will have the GWX team as inspiration and example to follow, and hopefully your encouragement and expert advice.
Old 08-30-09, 05:19 PM   #19
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Thank you for all you have done for the community. SALUTE

My consolation is that you guys will stay around here and be one of the most powerful assets with your experience and advice for the new generation of modders that will some day appear with SH5. People whose names we don't even know right now will appear sooner or later and take over, but unlike others before, they will not start with empty hands. They will have the GWX team as inspiration and example to follow, and hopefully your encouragement and expert advice.
We'll be happy do do what we can. Unfortunately it will be with a greatly reduced availability and capacity. A lot of our guys feel more than a little guilt about not being able to go farther. I'm just hoping that they can lay that feeling aside, enjoy being free of expectation and can simply enjoy themselves doing whatever feels good.

Hopefully too, the community here will aim their support to the Silent Hunter Devs for the SH5 project (we are ALL LUCKY to have them) ... and for those such as Lurker_HLB3 who continue to mod SH4... regardless of Atlantic/Pacific preferred theater. Lurker might have the personality of a fence-post... but he does good work.

(Cheers Lurker. All the best wishes.)

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 05:25 PM   #20
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

Snifff ...wips away a tear.... GWX > probably the best mod team for any game anyone has seen to date, lead by probably the most composed and level headed mod leader ever.

Thank you for everything (and not jus the GWX versions) ... thank you for your spirit & inspiration. I am sure your work will be motivating modders for years to come.

I really hope SH5 supplies most fo what we are all looking for and hope that the GWX team are not so burned out by their modding work that they are able to enjoy it when it's released)..... that way if it's good, they'll get some well eaned enjoyment .... and if it's not ...... No I am not going to go there
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 05:48 PM   #21
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Sad to hear/read this! POssibly your are right when saying that the release of SH5 will render your work obsolete, but (speaking for myself) in the other hand, many people may or/and haven't a PC that will run SH5 but can run SH4!
Sorry if I'm out of line here, but I was so looking forward to GWX4!

PS: Can I send the bill for my new computer to you Kpt. Lehmann?
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 06:05 PM   #22
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Ouch, that did hurt. Oh well, thanks for the work you guys did. It has help make this Community as strong as it is and we all expect great things from The Greywolves in the future, even if it's just your observations on new releases. Your collective knowledge is invaluable and you should all be hired by Ubisoft immedietly!
Old 08-30-09, 06:19 PM   #23
gordonmull
Lieutenant

Downloads: 20

Sad to hear it. All I can say is thanks for the time and effort you've all put in to turn SH3 into one great game.

SHV's announcement is bittersweet. I was so looking forward to seeing what you'd do with IV.

Still...part of me thinks..you won't be able to resist tinkering with SHV in the new year...
gordonmull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 06:23 PM   #24
cheese123
Gunner

Downloads: 1

This is very sad indeed , thank you for all of your work.

Just one question, what will become of the Incomplete GWX4? I saw you have already made some completely new sub models.
cheese123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 06:46 PM   #25
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Sorry to hear that KL and the GWX team.

KL:
Quote:
Even if we were able to do so, many of the objectives we intended to execute, (as stated on our website and elsewhere) would likely be mirrored only a short time later with the release of SH5... rendering our work obsolete.
I agree with you 100% on this point alone and this point alone is enough to come to the decision to rest your modding tools for the moment. The moment I witnessed the engine room in SH5 I immediately wondered about Tomi99's engine room for SH4. All that work for possibly naught. But hey, SH5 will need a hand in making it great! The GWX team and all the modders here at SS make it great! So take a break, watch the new trailers come out for SH5 and start formulating your plans.
Old 08-30-09, 06:53 PM   #26
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Thank you

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 07:30 PM   #27
Wulfmann
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 1

You have developed like lions and never being defeated you produced the finest combat experience in any venue of consumer combat simulation to date.

I doubt, no matter what advances are ahead in simulation/games those of us that consumed almost daily the adventures of being a U-Boat kaleun will ever forget the name Greywolves when we a long time from now, draw on our fondest memories.

Wulfmann
Old 08-30-09, 08:01 PM   #28
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Well not much I can say to ease the pain, sorry that you (the GWX team) had to go through all the work & toil only to toss it in, maybe some of the work done, if any completed, can be released and added to Lurker's OM mod, wouldn't be a total loss then .... Just a thought.
Chin up guys, SH5 is approaching and in the meantime you can rest and attend to RL issues without as much pressure, many thanks for your past work, especially GWX3, very much a "Job well done"!
A special thanks to Kpt. Lehmann for his dedication to GWX and leadership to the team and Jimbuna, Cheers.

Sub captains go down with their ship!

Last edited by Reece; 08-30-09 at 11:50 PM.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 08:09 PM   #29
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

Grey wolves will never die!

you have done so much already...thanks for being there for this long.
Old 08-30-09, 08:20 PM   #30
dmlavan
Watch Officer

Downloads: 69

Kpt Lehman,
Thank you and the team for everything you've done with GWX3. For GWX4, it sounds like the team gave their last full measure for the rest of us. Even though they couldn't make it through to the end for very real reasons, thank you for trying to bring the magic of GWX to SH4.
That spirit and dedication to share your love of the war in the North Atlantic are one of the things that keep so many coming to these forums, and trying on their own to make these games better for others one small mod at a time. If I hadn't seen the three letters "GWX" in a google search a few years ago, I would never have found this community, and would never have gotten so much enjoyment out of SH3 and SH4. Best wishes to you and your team in the future.
dmlavan is offline   Reply With Quote