SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-16, 12:46 PM   #1
Vandrus
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Icon14 Thank you, developers!

This is my first post in Subsim forums, but I have been here reading and learning for a long time. I'm mostly a SH III and 5 player.

The work you've done with HMS Marulken is superb, finally we have a coop submarine simulator. You made my dream come true! Please, keep up the good work and don't give up with your game.

I spent 2 entire days with my crewmates in the submarine, each of us specializing in one area, and even if we failed again and again, the experience that HMS Marulken gives to us is soooo good, we're very happy with your demo! Maybe I'll do a video of one of our "run silent, run deep" sesions!

Congratulations for this amazing project guys!

PD: Sorry for my english, it isn't my primary language.

Last edited by Vandrus; 06-06-16 at 12:59 PM.
Vandrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 02:31 PM   #2
Cpt-Maxim
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 62

Your English is better than some people born in USA.. don't worry about it.
I have multiple videos started in a new thread for all HMS Marulken videos.. feel free to add more to the thread..
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226382

Make sure you join the number one naval teamspeak server..
subsim.teamspeak3.com

We are currently playing with several Swedish and American crews mixed together... German would be fine. Most people probably could use a good translator for the radio room !

You may find me on one of these teamspeak servers:
Subsim.com - subsim.teamspeak3.com
WWII Battleground Europe, Allied, - ts.wwiionline.com:9988
Elite Dangerous, Gamers Cove - 82.21.87.49
Cpt-Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 03:36 PM   #3
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandrus View Post
This is my first post in Subsim forums, but I have been here reading and learning for a long time. I'm mostly a SH III and 5 player.

The work you've done with HMS Marulken is superb, finally we have a coop submarine simulator. You made my dream come true! Please, keep up the good work and don't give up with your game.

I spent 2 entire days with my crewmates in the submarine, each of us specializing in one area, and even if we failed again and again, the experience that HMS Marulken gives to us is soooo good, we're very happy with your demo! Maybe I'll do a video of one of our "run silent, run deep" sesions!

Congratulations for this amazing project guys!

PD: Sorry for my english, it isn't my primary language.
Thank you so much for your support
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 05:01 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Vandrus!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-16, 03:25 PM   #5
Schuck
Grease Monkey

Downloads: 143

I have to say, its absolutely brilliant.
And just what the subsim community needs.
I've already spent far to many hours playing it!

This is in no way a criticism,
but i cant help but think you've missed an opportunity here.
If the sub had been a type VIIB or C and the theater was the Atlantic or Arctic attacking lone merchants or convoys, i don't think you would have needed a kick-starter, the game would have sold itself.

PS maybe a crewman's operating manual that you could open and read instead of the overlay? (i hate tool tips etc)

Still an awesome start, to what will be a truly epic game! Keep up the good work.
Schuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 09:12 AM   #6
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
If the sub had been a type VIIB or C and the theater was the Atlantic or Arctic attacking lone merchants or convoys, i don't think you would have needed a kick-starter, the game would have sold itself.

hi Schuck,

yes, I agree, U-Boats are the biggest draw and probably always will be. The devs started the whole game as a project for university, so it made sense to focus on their homeland.I'm guessing the success they had in designing and programming the game--they are very good at what they do -- encouraged them to make a commercial game of it.

Here's my hope and what I say in my nightly prayers to Neptune:
  • HMS Marulken will reach its Kickstarter goal, and Skvader will be able to continue development.
  • Then, in 9 months it be released as a finished game with a defined set of features on Steam.
  • The game will sell nicely, funding the devs to begin work on a new game, a U-Boat version of HMS Marulken.
  • The U-Boat version will be released on Steam and sell like crazy, let's say 50,000 copies, and Skvader Studio will be the darling of the indie game development scene, attract tons of media coverage, and be able to hire staff, and begin work on a Royal Navy destroyer sim where players can control a Convoy Commander DD and a convoy, and play with U-Boat players for the ultimate subsim battles.

But, as it must be so clear to everyone, it has to start with the success of the Kickstarter campaign. I believe Einar and Oscar are talented and dedicated enough to make a top notch game, but it is a matter of resources (time and money). You and I and the Subsim community have a role to play and that is money and getting the word out. Subsim has made its pledge and is standing by to offer assistance. Everyone should be making posts about this game in other forums and blogs and emailing game journalists to cover the effort. It's the only way we will have a game to play this time next year. Otherwise, the devs will be working at IT companies on projects that pay their rent, and may never have time to finish the game.