SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-28-18, 10:28 AM   #1
Sorakiba
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default Question about code line and file location

I was wondering if anyone knew which files have the coding for the damage for torpedoes, deck guns, and flak cannons.

and maybe which lines of coding specifically, if the coding isn't plain, and simple to understand?

I want to increase the damage of all of my weapons by 50%, but I don't know which files contain the coding, or if the coding is a lot more difficult than something like: "TorpedoXdmg = 100" or something like that.
Sorakiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 10:29 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Sorakiba!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 10:46 AM   #3
doksas
Mate

Downloads: 129

Sorakiba, for torpedo, in data/library folder open Torpedo.zon file and change MinEF and MaxEF...but first open Torpedo.sim and see parent id for identification torpedo type you want to change.

For deck gun etc edit Shells.zon but also you must find parent id in GUNS_SUB.sim for weapon identification.

EDIT: First make backup if something go wrong !
doksas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 12:32 PM   #4
Sorakiba
Swabbie

Is there a free program that can read .zon and .sim files? (looks like I can download a 7 day free trial for the .zon one... but was wondering if there is a free version somewhere?)
Old 12-28-18, 12:42 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You would need S3Ditor for that. There are some older "tutorial" type of posts here on SubSim that can be found with a quick search on Google or similar with "site:subsim.com/radioroom S3Ditor". You could build yourself a mini-mod in the MODS folder and use JSGME to activate / de-activate it as you experiment.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 03:33 PM   #6
Sorakiba
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doksas View Post
Sorakiba, for torpedo, in data/library folder open Torpedo.zon file and change MinEF and MaxEF...but first open Torpedo.sim and see parent id for identification torpedo type you want to change.

For deck gun etc edit Shells.zon but also you must find parent id in GUNS_SUB.sim for weapon identification.

EDIT: First make backup if something go wrong !
Okay, I can open and edit them now... but... question... when I open Shells.zon and GUNS_SUB.sim, I can't find a matching "parent ID" in both files...

For example, in GUNS_SUB.sim, there are 11 entries... they are numbered evenly, beginning at #2... the next one is #4, then #6... ect... Each one of these have an "additional" entry, which are numbered with odd numbers (3, 5, 7, ect...) Both entries have "parent IDs", which are different....

However, even taking down the Parent ID of both entries, when I open Shells.zon, which has 49 entries of which each has an additional entry... I still haven't been able to match either Parent ID from GUNS_SUB.sim to an entry in Shells.zon ... Am I missing something? Did I just scan it too fast, and miss it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You would need S3Ditor for that. There are some older "tutorial" type of posts here on SubSim that can be found with a quick search on Google or similar with "site:subsim.com/radioroom S3Ditor". You could build yourself a mini-mod in the MODS folder and use JSGME to activate / de-activate it as you experiment.
Thank you. This let's me open and edit them
Old 12-29-18, 09:34 AM   #7
doksas
Mate

Downloads: 129

doksas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-18, 03:10 PM   #8
Sorakiba
Swabbie

doksas, Um... I'm even more confused now... the file that you are showing isn't one of the files that you told me to open...

Old 12-29-18, 03:32 PM   #9
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

You need to open one of the wpn_cannon settings.
You'll see shells like AP and so on.
Open that and you'll see the ID you need.

Be aware that shell MAY change the power of the ships you will face in Game!

One can avoid that by creating a separate set of files with new ID's and then you have separate shells for the Sub and separate shells for the ships.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-18, 05:16 PM   #10
Sorakiba
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
One can avoid that by creating a separate set of files with new ID's and then you have separate shells for the Sub and separate shells for the ships.
That sounds like the optimum idea for what I'd like... but I do not know how to do that...

The torpedoes were easy, I just changed all of them to have between 180 and 230 damage... easy-peeasy...

but trying to make my AA light and heavy Flak Guns, and Deck Cannons a little stronger is ... seeming to be something that is beyond my skills, as I do not want my enemies to also be stronger... I can't just go through and increase the power of all of the shells, like I did with the torpedoes...

Hrm... I'm not sure what to do... I could just give up on making my guns stronger, I suppose...