SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-24-18, 01:44 PM   #16
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

So I ran a test with your mods loaded up and the Iowa last, same result. About 8 minutes of 5" gunfire, 250 rounds AP per mount.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-18, 02:56 PM   #17
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
does your BB Missouri have red cables and red guardrails?
That would be a UV mapping error, assigned to the wrong texture in the dat, or the texture (dds) was changed without regards to the railing UV's.

Send me the files and I can fix it for you.

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 11-24-18 at 03:10 PM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-18, 05:41 PM   #18
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
That would be a UV mapping error, assigned to the wrong texture in the dat, or the texture (dds) was changed without regards to the railing UV's.

Send me the files and I can fix it for you.
Much appreciated Jeff

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-18, 02:20 PM   #19
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Something isn't working as it should here, if everything is being changed correctly. So let's start with installation directory, where's that at?

Edit: Wanted to add that I appreciate you sticking with this. Nothing is more frustrating to me than trying to help someone who doesn't make a followup post. Many times I've had people asking for help (with my mods as well as others)only to never make a post on Subsim again.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Last edited by ETR3(SS); 11-28-18 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-28-18, 06:16 PM   #20
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Something isn't working as it should here, if everything is being changed correctly. So let's start with installation directory, where's that at?

Edit: Wanted to add that I appreciate you sticking with this. Nothing is more frustrating to me than trying to help someone who doesn't make a followup post. Many times I've had people asking for help (with my mods as well as others)only to never make a post on Subsim again.
Thanks for sticking with this. I sure would like that gun issue solved. My installation directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific. It is running under Win 10. I have no issues running under Program Files (x86) as I have no issues with any of the surface ships with the exception of the Iowa by Peabody and jmardlin, Missouri by bismarck1011 and the Montana by jmardlin where the twin barrel mounts run out of ammo after a very short time even when increasing the quantity to a million.

The Montana by Rhine, no problems with guns but still trying to figure out how I can move the bridge view as I can't identify where it sits in his model when in S3D mode. All of cdp44 ships work flawlessly.
Whilst I have all my ships career playable utilising TMO/RSRD, the surface ships are the last I activate via JSGME so as to ensure the ShipParts data isn't manipulated.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.

Last edited by Fearless; 11-28-18 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-28-18, 08:32 PM   #21
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

I'd still recommend moving your install out of the Program Files (x86) folder.

Can you upload the Iowa/Montana mods that you are running? Maybe looking directly at the files you're using will shed light on what the problem is ass well.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 11-29-18, 03:50 AM   #22
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
I'd still recommend moving your install out of the Program Files (x86) folder.

Can you upload the Iowa/Montana mods that you are running? Maybe looking directly at the files you're using will shed light on what the problem is ass well.
Can I physically remove the install out of Program Files (x86) folder. or is it a complete re-install? I'll be happy to email them to you.. pm me if you wish with your email address.

Last edited by Fearless; 11-29-18 at 04:10 AM.
Old 11-29-18, 04:38 AM   #23
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The nice thing about the SH4 game, is that once it's on your computer, you can copy and move it, no problem. You should de-activate your mods before the move, and it's probably best to leave the current install, which you could leave for "Stock" play.

Make yourself a directory (folder) off of the root of whichever drive you're going to use. "Games" is a common choice. So you've got "C:\ Games \". Now make a folder that will hold the copy of the game. Since you're using TMO / RSRDC, you could name it that, such that you've got "C:\ Games \ TMORSRDC \" for a folder structure. If you can, it might be easier to open a 2nd Windows Explorer window.

What you want to do is open the Program Files Wolves of the Pacific folder, so that you see the Data folder, the Support folder, etc, and all of the ACT and DLL files. Press and hold the <Ctrl> key, and while holding it, press the <A> key. That should select all of the files and folders. Now press the <Ctrl> key and hold, and press the <C> key, which "copies" all of them. Navigate into your new TMORSRDC folder (or whatever you named it), and press the <Ctrl> key again, and while holding it, the <V> key, which will "paste" the files into that folder.

If you have to, re-do your MODS folder. To create yourself a desktop short-cut, right-click on a blank portion of the desktop, and then left-click on (or hover over) "New", and click on "Shortcut". Click on "Browse" and drill down to your new TMORSRDC folder. Select the SH4.exe file. If you don't have the file extensions visible, choose the first SH4. Click on OK. Then on "Next". Then you can name it what you want, like "SH4 TMO RSRDC" or whatever. If you want to, get MultiSH4, and use it to create a new Save folder for you, such as TMS or whatever. With this technique, the only thing to stop you from having a folder for each mod you want to run, is hard drive space. Just be sure to make separate Save folders for each one with MultiSH4, and you won't cross-contaminate yourself - not that it's ever happened to me...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-18, 03:50 PM   #24
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

First test results as follows:

Iowa: Remove Zones.cfg, not needed
Remove entire Campaigns folder, unless you have made explicit changes to a file within that folder
Remove entire Cfg folder, unless you have made explicit changes to a file within that folder.
Remove AI_Sensors.dat
Remove AI_Visual_Sensors_RSRDC.dat
Remove PatrolObjectives.cfg redundant file
I've noticed you modded the crew files, which is fine, but you need to base those changes off of any mod previously loaded. Not doing so can cause unexpected and sometimes unrelated consequences.
Looking through your post history, I see why the crew files are modded now.

Ran your mod list and your Iowa. CTD on selecting Single Mission. Ran it again and it worked. 5" guns ran out of ammo in about 8 minutes.

BTW, what version of SH4 are you running?

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 11-30-18, 06:18 PM   #25
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
First test results as follows:

Iowa: Remove Zones.cfg, not needed
Remove entire Campaigns folder, unless you have made explicit changes to a file within that folder
Remove entire Cfg folder, unless you have made explicit changes to a file within that folder.
Remove AI_Sensors.dat
Remove AI_Visual_Sensors_RSRDC.dat
Remove PatrolObjectives.cfg redundant file
I've noticed you modded the crew files, which is fine, but you need to base those changes off of any mod previously loaded. Not doing so can cause unexpected and sometimes unrelated consequences.
Looking through your post history, I see why the crew files are modded now.

Ran your mod list and your Iowa. CTD on selecting Single Mission. Ran it again and it worked. 5" guns ran out of ammo in about 8 minutes.

BTW, what version of SH4 are you running?
Thanks for that. Very much appreciated. I run SH4 v1.5

Old 12-02-18, 09:00 PM   #26
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

I was worried for a bit that you might've been running 1.4 based on the appearance of some of the files. Any difference after making those changes? Another option is to start fresh and makes changes slowly, testing along the way. It sucks as I've had to throw whole mods away and start my work over myself, but sometimes you need to.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 12-04-18, 02:02 AM   #27
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
I was worried for a bit that you might've been running 1.4 based on the appearance of some of the files. Any difference after making those changes? Another option is to start fresh and makes changes slowly, testing along the way. It sucks as I've had to throw whole mods away and start my work over myself, but sometimes you need to.
Greetings,

I removed the files as advised but I’ve been ill the last few days. I am about to test it out today. Departure Pearl Harbor
Will give an update.

Old 12-04-18, 04:34 AM   #28
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
Greetings,

I removed the files as advised but I’ve been ill the last few days. I am about to test it out today. Departure Pearl Harbor
Will give an update.
UPDATE:

No joy. I can’t work it out why the Twin mounts stop working. All works flawlessly on the Montana and all my ships from cdp44 Perhaps it’s not suited for career mode.