SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-10, 02:59 AM   #46
nemo7
Weps

Downloads: 389
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber View Post
Oh goody, i've been waiting for this. It's just excellent Hitman!
To follow on from Teddy's comment, do you intend to remove the transparent interface (officer icons and dials) completely in order to have a minimalist GUI on the bottom of the screen ? I ask because now that your GUI includes the excellent slide out dials, the bottom dials are redundant (IMHO).

I think the bottom GUI only needs: info text, time of day (with date on hover), time compression indicator, numerical bearing and numerical speed...and i'm not that sure the last two are really needed to be honest.

The less cluttered the GUI the better in my view, especially on the bridge or in the command room.

Anyway, brilliant work....thanks.

UG
Agree. Outstanding job though.
Old 04-07-10, 03:12 AM   #47
geosub1978
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 229

Hitman, why don't you make a less "clear" lens?
Old 04-07-10, 04:29 AM   #48
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

Hi Hitman,

looks very good. But I maybe found a problem with the NYGM version. the de_menu.txt from NYGM differs from the GWX version in many items, because NYGM has some specific stuff (used winmerge to find them).

but this NYGM-specific stuff is gone with the de_menu.txt that comes with your GUI.

h.sie
Old 04-07-10, 05:13 AM   #49
coronas
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 39

Imprescindible!
Great work!

Old 04-07-10, 05:28 AM   #50
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

That is absolutely brilliant.

Thanks a lot
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 07:15 AM   #51
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
there are two things that i really like to your gui Hitman ,

1. the brilliant idea you had, to connect the indicator (at the aob disc) directly with the scope bearing to show the true bearing without user's assistant! really brilliant !! i allready have done that to the 'pointer' of my compass....hope that you don't mind to release it . its really marvelous !

2. the new tool at your navmap.but not for the tool itself but for the fact that you can draw on top of it ! so,i made with the same 'build' the dragable nomograph to be 'fuctional' on all its area ...meaning that we can draw now lines on top of it !
Well, none of those is my idea

The AOB disc is exactly the same as in the U-Jagd tools, but with different graphics. The new draggable tool in the Nav Map was made like that thanks to a suggestion by Karamazovnew to use a draggable item for the handle and a transparent graphic attached to it. It required some trial and error to find the correct combination, but it finally works very well Of course you or anyone else can use the ideas, graphics, etc, for whatever you want, and please don't even ask me permissions previously. Just use and share it

Quote:
two things that,imo, needs to take care of :

1. the 'clicable' area for starting-stopping the chronometer is very very small (only near the center of it) .need to enlarge it

2. at your tdc panel ....the spread angle dial is not fuctional if you haven't first choose the 'salvo' from the other panel . i think that it will be better to 'bring' the salvo switch at the tdc panel or to move the spread dial at torpedoes panel
Yeah, the frigging chronometer gave me some problems and I could not identify why the clickable area is so small. I would like to enlarge it, but could not before release.

The salvo switch: It is unfortunately encoded to work only when you have salvo selected, and I noticed that AFTER the design of the panels (In real life the spread angle is in the TDC), but I think that somewhen in the future I can add a second dial in the torpedo settings (Or even better, a handle that works as a dial) so you can set it in both panels.

Quote:
To follow on from Teddy's comment, do you intend to remove the transparent interface (officer icons and dials) completely in order to have a minimalist GUI on the bottom of the screen ? I ask because now that your GUI includes the excellent slide out dials, the bottom dials are redundant (IMHO).

I think the bottom GUI only needs: info text, time of day (with date on hover), time compression indicator, numerical bearing and numerical speed...and i'm not that sure the last two are really needed to be honest.

The less cluttered the GUI the better in my view, especially on the bridge or in the command room.
That was also my initial idea, but reworking the task bar requires lots of work, as it is a very large sized part of the menu.ini.

Quote:
Hitman, why don't you make a less "clear" lens?
You mean a darker one for the attack scope? Or for the observation one? I tried to reflect what I know about the light transmission. They were small lenses, but not dark sun glasses. The current attack scope is useless most nights, though, so I think it's correct. In any case, you can easily open the TGA Alpha channel and make it darker

Quote:
But I maybe found a problem with the NYGM version. the de_menu.txt from NYGM differs from the GWX version in many items, because NYGM has some specific stuff (used winmerge to find them).

but this NYGM-specific stuff is gone with the de_menu.txt that comes with your GUI.
Hmmmm there was a specific file for NYGM, but may be I didn't put it in the final version. Will need to look at it
Old 04-07-10, 08:17 AM   #52
geosub1978
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 229

Well, how clear the lens is, depends of the periscope. Well preserved and new periscopes are very clear. Olders are much darker.

Another thing is that with 1,5zoom shouldn't you see x1,5 of what you see from the bridge which is x1?
Old 04-07-10, 11:14 AM   #53
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Another thing is that with 1,5zoom shouldn't you see x1,5 of what you see from the bridge which is x1?
Yes you do see 1.5x (And it actually is like that in my mod), but because everything is surrounded by a black area, things appear smaller. Look through a tube (Simply do it with your two hands, as if you were holding a telescope in front of your eye) at any object and you will suffer the same effect, it will appear smaller (more distant). But WARNING: 1.5x zoom in optics does NOT mean that the object is 1.5x times bigger, but instead that it appears to be 1.5 times closer.
Old 04-07-10, 01:51 PM   #54
Chisum
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 86

Hello Hitman, there is the question.

What must I do about it ?

Notes I've push on "Yes" and try: no CTD all seems ok.

Many thanks to this superb job.

Now, just learn how it works, not the most easy lol.
Chisum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 02:18 PM   #55
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Chisum:

-Commands.cfg contains the definition of what each key does. I guess that my mod would still work without it, but you would need to be carfeul not to use a key-combo to lock/unlcok TDC, because it would unsync it.

-Cameras.dat is essential for the mod, but it won't break anything from other mods. You might at most get some views that go through objects when pivoting around.

-de_menu.txt only makes some small changes in terminology. It is not essential, though you could get a confusing lettering in some dial in the F6 screen if not using it. Not a big dial if you are already used to them and know what each one means (Plus you will now only rarely operate the dials from that station). Besides, it will only be relevant if you are using german language in the in-game texts. Otherwise you won't notice it at all.

-OfficerA.tga is the new icons of the left bottom part of the menu bar which are also shortcuts to stations. They are entirely cosmetic and you can safely not use them. In this case you get a warning because they are overwriting a custom one you had enabled before via JGSME.

In conclussion:

If you want to prevent most conflicts, you can delete following files from the mod BEFORE enabling it. Go to the JSGME "Mods" folder and there you can delete any of these files:

Hitman_GUI_GWX3_1.0\Data\Cfg\commands_en.cfg
Hitman_GUI_GWX3_1.0\Data\Menu\de_menu.txt
Hitman_GUI_GWX3_1.0\Data\Menu\Gui\Layout\OfficerA. tga

Once you have deleted those files that you don't want, enable the mod. Good hunting
Old 04-07-10, 02:31 PM   #56
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Just FYI Chisum and Hitman -

I have been using Hitman's GUI on top of the Open Hatch mod, and they work together fine.
It doesn't break anything
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 03:07 PM   #57
Chisum
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 86

Many thanks to these informations.
Chisum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 03:30 PM   #58
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Ahum!! Bump:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=36
Old 04-07-10, 04:37 PM   #59
Lekor
Swabbie

Downloads: 44

Hitman,
why are missing from "ring" (do not know how to properly called) around the periscope. To calculate the distance, the speed goal. Is it installed less than all the periscopes?

Explain the historical point of view this question? Why in the ACM is, and you have not?

Thanks for the mod, which is pleasant to work.

I do not speak English. Google Translator
Old 04-07-10, 07:00 PM   #60
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekor View Post
Hitman,
why are missing from "ring" (do not know how to properly called) around the periscope. To calculate the distance, the speed goal. Is it installed less than all the periscopes?

Explain the historical point of view this question? Why in the ACM is, and you have not?

Thanks for the mod, which is pleasant to work.

I do not speak English. Google Translator
From page 2 of GUI Manual.pdf:

This GUI does NOT include stadimeter or AOB finder, unlike other mods,
because of the option chosen when replicating the optics (See documentation
about historic german WW2 optics)

Flopper is offline   Reply With Quote