SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-08, 01:32 PM   #46
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Hi
Now about the next uboat...humm...Sailor Steve is our guru and the most aged here ( ) - or am I wrong? So, the type II will be the next. Sailor Steve, what type II are you running? A or D?
Well, I'm honored that you think that way, but I was just joking. I'm not really playing myself right now, just testing new mods to see what I like and spending most of my time collecting ship names for SH3 Commander.

I think the Type VIIc is far and away the most used boat, and probably deserves first consideration.
Old 03-24-08, 01:38 PM   #47
LordNeuro"Serbia"
Chief

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Quote:
Hi
Now about the next uboat...humm...Sailor Steve is our guru and the most aged here ( ) - or am I wrong? So, the type II will be the next. Sailor Steve, what type II are you running? A or D?
Well, I'm honored that you think that way, but I was just joking. I'm not really playing myself right now, just testing new mods to see what I like and spending most of my time collecting ship names for SH3 Commander.

I think the Type VIIc is far and away the most used boat, and probably deserves first consideration.
How do u add a ships names in the sh commander. I will liek too add same names too but dont have a slaytes idea.:hmm:
Old 03-24-08, 01:48 PM   #48
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNeuro"Serbia"
How do u add a ships names in the sh commander. I will liek too add same names too but dont have a slaytes idea.:hmm:
SH3 Commander gives names to ships you sink, including merchants. To add names, look in the Program Files/SH3 Commander/Cfg folder and you'll see the 'Ship Names' file. There are many different lists, such as Liberty and Victory ships, and all the game's warship classes, but the biggest list is the first one 'GenericMerchantsAndTankers'. It already has almost 4000 names on it. To add your own go to the bottom of the list and add them. With that many names already, though, don't expect them to come up much on the names of ships you sink

What I'm doing is a big research project, the goal of which is to classify every single merchant according to type and size, and do away with the 'Generic' list altogether. It's taking time, but I have recieved help and encouragement from different people, and it's coming along nicely.
Old 03-24-08, 02:16 PM   #49
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNeuro"Serbia"
SH3 Commander gives names to ships you sink, including merchants. To add names, look in the Program Files/SH3 Commander/Cfg folder and you'll see the 'Ship Names' file. There are many different lists, such as Liberty and Victory ships, and all the game's warship classes, but the biggest list is the first one 'GenericMerchantsAndTankers'. It already has almost 4000 names on it. To add your own go to the bottom of the list and add them. With that many names already, though, don't expect them to come up much on the names of ships you sink

What I'm doing is a big research project, the goal of which is to classify every single merchant according to type and size, and do away with the 'Generic' list altogether. It's taking time, but I have recieved help and encouragement from different people, and it's coming along nicely.
I have a site that lists every merchantman that was lost in WWII (def every British, not 100% sure of other nations) in datal order and includes: Date, Name, Type, Gross Tons, Cause of loss, How Lost and remarks.

Merchant vessels 29,180
Fishing vessels 814

Total vessels lost 29,994

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 02:58 PM   #50
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Ok! Type ViiC/B users are fortunate then!
Old 03-24-08, 03:14 PM   #51
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Now that you made all the hard work on the IXD2, to make it on the VII uboats are way easier, right? Just a copy/paste job and check if the leaks are in the right position?
Old 03-24-08, 03:41 PM   #52
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Now that you made all the hard work on the IXD2, to make it on the VII uboats are way easier, right? Just a copy/paste job and check if the leaks are in the right position?
Exactly! (mainly the manual adjustment to mach the holes). Anyway after we degust the first Type IXd2 and after the feedbacks, I wish to add RB exaust and some others minor tweaks to the files. Then the mod will be finished. A lot of work indeed.
Old 03-24-08, 04:43 PM   #53
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Exactly! (mainly the manual adjustment to mach the holes). Anyway after we degust the first Type IXd2 and after the feedbacks, I wish to add RB exaust and some others minor tweaks to the files. Then the mod will be finished. A lot of work indeed.
Will the added files such as the exhaust mod be optional for those who don't consider them realistic

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 05:14 PM   #54
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I´m now also a bit confuse because i noticed in there that Privateer is also working on the same issue. I'm not a hex/3D/Texture expert so will be ok to me if Privateer that have a lot of skills on these areas could go ahead and make this mod. I will be happy to help him with any info, etc. Let´s wait his reply.

For now i will continues to finish my Type IXd2 to, after this, continue to play my career with it.
I'm only doing the work for Tomi.
I never planned on doing a full blown mod for release so go for it!

I'd be happy to see your work and share info and such.
The original version for SH4 resembles the action performed by
a vacuum cleaner, if you know what I mean.

Changeing and adjusting the positions, tga's, and generators is the easy part.
Adding the controllers so it blows water at surfaceing and when it dips down
is the hard part.
They MUST delete themselves.
They can not be set to run all the time,
then use the visibleunderwater controller to hide them
cause then you have 40+ generators running all the time.

That's sloppy.

Add smoke, flames, convoy, and more?

Major FPS hit.
Old 03-24-08, 05:14 PM   #55
swuboo
Bosun

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Will the added files such as the exhaust mod be optional for those who don't consider them realistic
Out of curiosity, why would you consider diesel exhaust to be unrealistic?
swuboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 05:29 PM   #56
sabretwo
Frogman

Downloads: 69

Looks great! I wonder how difficult it would be to modify that for use with an IXB? :hmm:
sabretwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 06:34 PM   #57
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer
Quote:
I´m now also a bit confuse because i noticed in there that Privateer is also working on the same issue. I'm not a hex/3D/Texture expert so will be ok to me if Privateer that have a lot of skills on these areas could go ahead and make this mod. I will be happy to help him with any info, etc. Let´s wait his reply.

For now i will continues to finish my Type IXd2 to, after this, continue to play my career with it.
I'm only doing the work for Tomi.
I never planned on doing a full blown mod for release so go for it!

I'd be happy to see your work and share info and such.
The original version for SH4 resembles the action performed by
a vacuum cleaner, if you know what I mean.

Changeing and adjusting the positions, tga's, and generators is the easy part.
Adding the controllers so it blows water at surfaceing and when it dips down
is the hard part.
They MUST delete themselves.
They can not be set to run all the time,
then use the visibleunderwater controller to hide them
cause then you have 40+ generators running all the time.

That's sloppy.

Add smoke, flames, convoy, and more?

Major FPS hit.
Hi Privateer,

Nice to talk with you. You know, my english isn´t good and you always write as a Poet. Then sometimes is a bit difficult to me understand all that you means.

And ok, I will try to finish the mod...lol

The visible under water controller is already ok, but they run all the time, just hiding when the water pass over them. I obviously tried a lot to make them random (not all and always) and I also tried without success to put a controller to put them off after some seconds, just becoming active again after a wave/water pass over them. I can´t find a away to make this, what should be the best scenario for this mod. Anyway, even with these limitations, I didn´t noticed any FPS hit and the final effect is really very good (after some small tricks).

I will like so much to have your help on the random and/or on-off controller to make the mod yet better. Any idea?:hmm:

Thanks for any advice mate!

Last edited by Rubini; 03-24-08 at 06:47 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 06:48 PM   #58
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

No problems Mate.

I have a few tricks up my sleeve that may pull off the deed.

You may see no FPS hit, but many may depending on system specs.
I tend to build for the lower end for several reasons.

My systems are not top of the line,
It forces me to be that much better at learning how things work,
I hate massive user support issues.
:rotfl:

And if the generators are running all the time?
Watch the boat at dead stop, calm seas.
Talk about realism?
Not happening there.
Old 03-24-08, 07:47 PM   #59
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

the time for SH4 effects is roughly 9 seconds.
To long I think.
And the end of the effect is crap.
Screen shots are worthless here.
Just as screen shots of your torp doors would have been.
Seeing vids is the key.
Old 03-24-08, 07:51 PM   #60
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

what about the controller for the conning tower spray that only occurs when the tower is momentarily submerged.....if there is a way to utilise this controller trigger for the water streams then they would only appear after the holes were submerged and would stop after a second or two and would not show whilst stopped or in flat calm??? any good?:hmm:

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote