Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-14-19, 01:16 AM   #1
thend
Swabbie

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0
Default I hope someone will make the Silent Hunter "6"

I can't make myself understand because my English is poor.

First of all, I am very grateful to the enthusiasts who wrote the tips and suggestions on the forum, which gave me a lot of help. thank you all.

I am worried that I am wrong in English, I use Google Translate.

I am a rookie .

I like this game very much,these games have been made very well. I like the ship, because my father is a seaman and he is a CE at Ocean Shipping. I wanted to be a sailor like him, but he didn't agree.

I just got in touch with 3, 4, 5 and I am currently playing 5.But the game always has so much regret.
I hope this game should highlight performance tactics and battles. This is the game's play point. The secondary goals are personnel management, upgrade systems, equipment and others. Others should revolve around tactics and battles, be the basis of tactics and battles, and should not be too complicated and cumbersome. Just like 3 has a clean interface.

The game should not be too concerned about historical authenticity. Stereotypes are the most realistic, but not entertaining. Just don't be too exaggerated. Because the player has rewritten history at the moment he went to sea. It is best to summon the AI submarine to act together. Don't let the AI submarine dominate the battle, add the feeling of the wolves, and a submarine battle is too lonely. You can add random events or trigger events. For example, if there are too many submarines, there may be strong enemy forces at sea to fight here. Or conditions trigger some large-scale campaign events. Otherwise, it is very boring to play for a long time.

I really like the manual launch of the torpedo in the game. This setting is great. Although I am still not very good, even if I hit the enemy, it may be a random fight, but the torpedo hit the enemy is also very fulfilling.

3, 4, and 5 all have advantages, but they all have some shortcomings, at least for now. The common shortcoming is compatibility with the computer, the setup is a bit of a hassle. But I will not deny that they are very fun games. I like them.

I hope to meet "6" in the future, or other similar, STEAM has seen other submarine games, but it is not suitable for me.

If I say something wrong, please don't mind my rookie.

Happy everyone.
thend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-19, 02:35 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

thend! great first post for a 'rookie' R U playing SH V with mods?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-19, 05:06 AM   #3
thend
Swabbie

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
thend! great first post for a 'rookie' R U playing SH V with mods?
Yes, I was playing The Wolves of Steel and thank them for doing that.

I don't care about gorgeous graphics and rendering, I like this type of game very much.

When you encounter an enemy, you need to think about how to cut in, when to launch, and how to avoid. It was a great experience.

Now I just play this game and enjoy it very much. It's just not a sequel, and I'm disappointed. The game should have been better.

These are my experience for a rookie.

Hope Google translation can express my meaning.
thend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-19, 09:33 AM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Welcome Aboard, Thend!

The 'Silent Hunter' name belongs to UBIsoft, and they are almost certain to never make another one. Right now there is 'U-Boat', which I'm sure you've looked at. Remember, it is still under development, so who knows how it may end up? I still play SH3 myself, and there is new work going on for the U-boat side of SH4, so I'm excited.

I'm sure you will find a lot of members here who just want to help.
Old 06-28-19, 01:57 PM   #5
OldCoder
Soundman

Downloads: 24

It seems pretty clear that Ubisoft have no intention of progressing Silent Hunter so I wonder when was the last time somebody approached them for a licence to develop an update to the sim core? Was it ever attempted? There are good examples of this having happened with other publishers, for example, IL-2, Falcon 4.
OldCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-19, 07:23 PM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thend View Post
Yes, I was playing The Wolves of Steel and thank them for doing that.

I don't care about gorgeous graphics and rendering, I like this type of game very much.

When you encounter an enemy, you need to think about how to cut in, when to launch, and how to avoid. It was a great experience.

Now I just play this game and enjoy it very much. It's just not a sequel, and I'm disappointed. The game should have been better.

These are my experience for a rookie.

Hope Google translation can express my meaning.

The problem is that SH5 with all bugs removed (a pure theory only!) would be the top of a WWII sub sim when we consider the gameplay. So there is hardly any reason to make a sequel, not to speak of the fact that Ubisoft probably doesn't want to hear the words 'Silent Hunter' anymore...
The modded SH3 also comes very close to the perfect Atlantic WWII sub sim.
SH4 plays in the Pacific instead of the Atlantic (with an expansion to the Indian Ocean with German U-boats). Here too, there is everything you can see and play. No reason for any developer to make a new similar game.

Instead of a sequel, I would be thrilled if Ubisoft could drop a 'last' 1.3 official update for SH5 by introducing the features that the modding scene has been so busy to create in the last decade. Or at least to correct the most horrendous bugs (suffice to open the Generic Patcher to know which ones)...And rather than an update I would sell it as an expansion or DLC if i were Ubisoft.
Only Ubisoft can do it (copyright reasons). We can hope for it, but really, I wouldn't bet 1 cent on it...

The new U-Boat and Wolfpack releases fill a niche that was not really there before: Crew micro management in U-Boat and a really challenging Multiplayer system in Wolfpack. If you take that away, there would hardly be a reason for such game releases.

Cheers,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-28-19 at 07:47 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote