SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-09-08, 11:30 AM   #46
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18
Default test then release

I'll test it later, then release only the .dat file that you'll have to slip into the object folder of my mod to change tower, I'll add the crew in a second step.

tower available on filefront

Last edited by keltos01; 07-09-08 at 01:50 PM.
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-08, 02:25 PM   #47
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 0

could you get rid of those nasty warped textures??
Old 07-09-08, 03:55 PM   #48
keltos01
Silent Hunter

I'll try, but I'm more of a 3d guy then texture guy, will see 2morrow.

keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 07-09-08 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-10-08, 09:03 AM   #49
keltos01
Silent Hunter

New tower model ready, no more see through !

Old 07-10-08, 10:53 AM   #50
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default new tower.dat

on FF, just slip it into your object folder of my mod.

link :

http://files.filefront.com/Turm+Jyun.../fileinfo.html

Old 07-11-08, 12:54 AM   #51
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default 250 !!!

250 download mark passed !!! thank you all !

Old 07-11-08, 04:33 PM   #52
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default tower type 2 for Jyunsen B

here goes the tower type 2 in game, modified other stuff as well so as to get rid of the turret..

oh, and brand new uv map for the tower so no more distorted textures....

btw we are hiring a crew if anyone's interrested ?:rotfl:

Old 07-11-08, 05:08 PM   #53
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default crew !!!

ok not in the right place yet, missing the 4th sailor and driver, but getting there

Old 07-11-08, 05:40 PM   #54
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default Version 2.0 of mod with crew

Only the Jyunsen B has really changed, Kaidai to follow :

New UV map no more distorted texture on tower

Inside of tower made : decking, seat, wheel, walls

Crew of 3 sailors in tub and cabin

relocation of hardware (radar...)

new AA gun "lightflak"

Enjoy !

Keltos

ps : @Peabody : how's your IJN campaign going ?

@ Zaza : what do you think of it now ?

Download link :

http://files.filefront.com/v+20+IJN+.../fileinfo.html

Last edited by keltos01; 07-11-08 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-13-08, 02:40 PM   #55
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01

ps : @Peabody : how's your IJN campaign going ?
Well, Keltos, I'm not sure what I should do about the Jap campaign. With my limited knowledge it won't be a TM or OM or RSRD so I am a bit undecided as to what I should do. I commented before a big problem is things like your subs are German but my Campaign was not. I am playing it, it works up 1942, needs more work. And I thought I read a comment in one of your threads that someone was working on a Japanese Campaign????? Do you know?
And I don't know anything about the German Campaign. Is it mostly in the southern areas, and toward India? So if I built off of that I would have to add a lot of traffic in the Pearl, Solomons, etc. just like I am now. Some of the files will work ok on either Campaign, some will not.
I am basically making it like SH4 but using Jap sub and using semi-historical doctrine and attacking mostly Task Forces and some Supply missions. But if I make it too historical, it won't be much of a game.

I just went and looked at the German Campaign and there is no "grid" east of the Solomon Islands. Doesn't the game use the grid to assign missions? If so, I would even need to figure out how to add that, if it's possible. And some of the bases need to be changed. There is a German base at Rabaul. I'm sure it's just for gameplay because it was Axis controlled (Japanese).

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 07-13-08 at 02:57 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 03:03 PM   #56
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default campaign

Well, Keltos, I'm not sure what I should do about the Jap campaign. With my limited knowledge it won't be a TM or OM or RSRD so I am a bit undecided as to what I should do.

I thought about a campaign from Penang at first, with one or two other bases, like the US have Midways and Freemantle

I commented before a big problem is things like your subs are German but my Campaign was not.

It is using the german parts, but could be really japanese if we insert one in the roster file?
The problem with it being japanese right now is that it wouldn't be able to use the german ports would it? Or we could change Penang to Japanese too, as they really did sail from there.

I am playing it, it works up 1942, needs more work. And I thought I read a comment in one of your threads that someone was working on a Japanese Campaign????? Do you know?
Will have to check that...

And I don't know anything about the German Campaign. Is it mostly in the southern areas, and toward India? So if I built off of that I would have to add a lot of traffic in the Pearl, Solomons, etc. just like I am not. Some of the files will work ok on either Campaign, some will not.

Do you know if TM or RSRD did also modify the US traffic ? I mean warships and merchant vessels ? maybe we could ask them for the traffic if it is already done ?

I am basically making it like SH4 but using Jap sub and using semi-historical doctrine and attacking mostly Task Forces and some Supply missions.

It look fine to me, I'll try and post more intel on the thread for IJN missions, I found some nice stuff they did in my book "the IJN navy and WWII" which could be of use, unless you already have that book . Semi-historical it is then, beacause we have to take those subs further than what their limited doctrine allowed if we want this to be fun.

But if I make it too historical, it won't be much of a game.

Peabody

I agree wholeheartedly.

I am trying to finish the Jyunsen B now, get that crew on, but although it is in the dat file, teh fourth crewmember never shows ???

The floor and the wheel are too low to my liking as of now, but I don't know how to cut the plancking to the right shape so as to be able to move it higher, which is narrower byw.

Then I'll need better hull textures, I'm happy with the conning tower's as they are.

Keltos

ps then an AI Jyunsen B with lots of people on deck would be cool for the american side wouldn't it?

Peabody

Old 07-13-08, 03:36 PM   #57
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01
Well, Keltos, I'm not sure what I should do about the Jap campaign. With my limited knowledge it won't be a TM or OM or RSRD so I am a bit undecided as to what I should do.

I thought about a campaign from Penang at first, with one or two other bases, like the US have Midways and Freemantle

I commented before a big problem is things like your subs are German but my Campaign was not.

It is using the german parts, but could be really japanese if we insert one in the roster file?
The problem with it being japanese right now is that it wouldn't be able to use the german ports would it? Or we could change Penang to Japanese too, as they really did sail from there.

I am playing it, it works up 1942, needs more work. And I thought I read a comment in one of your threads that someone was working on a Japanese Campaign????? Do you know?
Will have to check that...

And I don't know anything about the German Campaign. Is it mostly in the southern areas, and toward India? So if I built off of that I would have to add a lot of traffic in the Pearl, Solomons, etc. just like I am not. Some of the files will work ok on either Campaign, some will not.

Do you know if TM or RSRD did also modify the US traffic ? I mean warships and merchant vessels ? maybe we could ask them for the traffic if it is already done ?

I am basically making it like SH4 but using Jap sub and using semi-historical doctrine and attacking mostly Task Forces and some Supply missions.

It look fine to me, I'll try and post more intel on the thread for IJN missions, I found some nice stuff they did in my book "the IJN navy and WWII" which could be of use, unless you already have that book . Semi-historical it is then, beacause we have to take those subs further than what their limited doctrine allowed if we want this to be fun.

But if I make it too historical, it won't be much of a game.

Peabody

I agree wholeheartedly.

I am trying to finish the Jyunsen B now, get that crew on, but although it is in the dat file, teh fourth crewmember never shows ???

The floor and the wheel are too low to my liking as of now, but I don't know how to cut the plancking to the right shape so as to be able to move it higher, which is narrower byw.

Then I'll need better hull textures, I'm happy with the conning tower's as they are.

Keltos

ps then an AI Jyunsen B with lots of people on deck would be cool for the american side wouldn't it?

Peabody
Just making it Japanese isn't the problem. Yes, Jap would be able to use German ports I think. It works the other way. But the Uboat add on has a lot of stuff the original game didn't, like calling in assistance, so I think it's more than just making the sub Japanese. All the support files for the sub are in German folders and the US/Jap game won't access them. The traffic files and even the missions files I think can be used in German Campaign but I haven't checked anything yet.

I don't know about the German boat but on a US sub the 'fifth' man is only on deck at "Battlestations" any other time there are four. Could this be the same problem?

As for asking for the other 'traffic', I don't feel right about that, they put a lot of time and effort into it and I feel if I am going to make a campaign, I should do the same. It's simply a matter of things not going in the direction I expected. I didn't expect the Japanese stuff to be German. I thought the German Campaign would go toward India, which it did with OP Monsun and then head for the Atlantic, which it is doing. (And the Med.) I didn't expect the Japanese stuff to go with it. I guess the reason it did is that you could use the subs and ships right away from a German port but had no place to use them in the Pacific Theater. And when I first started to attempt a MOD, I didn't have the 1.5 add on. I think it might have been different if people had realized how simple it was to add a Japanese port. I don't think it would have changed the way the German stuff went, but it may have made a difference in the Japanese. But then you had a lot coming from SH3 and they like the Uboats so everything was built on uboats. And one other problem, there were only two people that I know of that could make a sub Japanese. (and I was not one of them).

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 07-13-08 at 03:53 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 08:48 AM   #58
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Just making it Japanese isn't the problem. Yes, Jap would be able to use German ports I think.

they sure did in RL : Penang for one.

It works the other way. But the Uboat add on has a lot of stuff the original game didn't, like calling in assistance, so I think it's more than just making the sub Japanese. All the support files for the sub are in German folders and the US/Jap game won't access them. The traffic files and even the missions files I think can be used in German Campaign but I haven't checked anything yet.

that would be a start, why don't we adapt your campaign to SH4 version 1.5 when it's done?

I don't know about the German boat but on a US sub the 'fifth' man is only on deck at "Battlestations" any other time there are four. Could this be the same problem?

Had four of them on another sub ?? I'd like to have like 5-6 (big tub..)

As for asking for the other 'traffic', I don't feel right about that, they put a lot of time and effort into it and I feel if I am going to make a campaign, I should do the same.

I know but if it's the same work why do it twice ?

It's simply a matter of things not going in the direction I expected. I didn't expect the Japanese stuff to be German. I thought the German Campaign would go toward India, which it did with OP Monsun and then head for the Atlantic, which it is doing. (And the Med.) I didn't expect the Japanese stuff to go with it. I guess the reason it did is that you could use the subs and ships right away from a German port but had no place to use them in the Pacific Theater.

yep, the easy way...

And when I first started to attempt a MOD, I didn't have the 1.5 add on.

Whereas I did.

I think it might have been different if people had realized how simple it was to add a Japanese port.

Help cause I don't know how....

I don't think it would have changed the way the German stuff went, but it may have made a difference in the Japanese. But then you had a lot coming from SH3 and they like the Uboats so everything was built on uboats. And one other problem, there were only two people that I know of that could make a sub Japanese. (and I was not one of them).

who are they ????

Peabody

Old 07-14-08, 10:49 AM   #59
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default action stations

peabody you were right (again !) the 4th sailor shows up at action stations only :

I tried to add 4 other crewmembers (5-8) but although they are in the .dat, they don't show up in game

Old 07-14-08, 12:08 PM   #60
keltos01
Silent Hunter

periscope depth :

crew :