SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-24-19, 11:10 AM   #31
CommandOfTheSea
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Command Of The Sea - Trailer

Command Of The Sea - Trailer

We had some fun creating a Blockbuster-Style Trailer, hope you enjoy it too!

CommandOfTheSea.com
CommandOfTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 01:34 PM   #32
CommandOfTheSea
Sailor man

It's a Bismarck!

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's a Bismarck!

At least in the making...
We've initially applied the camouflage that was used during the Battle of the Denmark Straight following May 24th, 1941.
Although she might not be as appealing as her sister Tirpitz with her Baltic Camo, it's easily visible that this painting scheme is very effective against a bright horizon in the North Atlantic. It's a painting scheme for a work horse!

CommandOfTheSea.com
Old 04-07-20, 07:32 AM   #33
CommandOfTheSea
Sailor man

Default Bismarck Closeups

Bismarck Closeups

Today I'd like to share a few more details about the latest improvements we've applied to our Bismarck Model.

If you take a close look you'll see that parts of the previous camouflage is shining through at the hull and the main deck. That's NOT because we were lazy...
We've used pictures of the German "Bundesarchiv" as reference, like the one at https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Seegefecht.jpg

As you can see there the old camouflage is still shining through, the black & white stripes on the hull were hastily painted over on May 21st, 1941 in Korsfjord, and the swastikas on the main deck on the following day (as no more air recognition for the Luftwaffe was needed where she shall go).

We've also started to apply a decent "wetness" effect at the waterline, this is only static at the moment, but we do have plans already to make it dynamic so it really is only applied were the hull get's wet due to the waves.

And we've overhauled the surfaces of our decks with physical based rendering materials, a nice looking, slightly worn and at some places painted wooden deck, and a tread plate deck. I really love the looks of it. The only downside is that I'm very unhappy now with the remaining materials on the ship, we'll have to improve them too sooner or later. But the potential for photo realism is really a great outlook

That's it, I'll go back to work now so you all can play with Bismarck with our next release in Summer 2020!

CommandOfTheSea.com

Last edited by CommandOfTheSea; 04-07-20 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-07-20, 04:08 PM   #34
bracer
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 15

That's insanly beautiful! That wooden deck looks photo real!
Nice Bismarck model! Is it the same Tirpitz model modified, or did you build it from scratch?

I see you moved the crane, which is one of the differences between Tirpitz and Bismarck. You could also remove the caps on the two rear AA-directors if you want to recreate more of the historical differences.

Looking forward to this!

My WIP Battleship simulator, Battleship Command: Scharnhorst
Want to support the project on Patreon? Here's the link!
bracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 01:00 AM   #35
CommandOfTheSea
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer View Post
That's insanly beautiful! That wooden deck looks photo real!
Nice Bismarck model! Is it the same Tirpitz model modified, or did you build it from scratch?

I see you moved the crane, which is one of the differences between Tirpitz and Bismarck. You could also remove the caps on the two rear AA-directors if you want to recreate more of the historical differences.

Looking forward to this!

Thanks, yes we've just just modified the 3D Model of Tirpitz a bit and applied a new paint scheme. And while we were at it we started to experiment with PBR materials for the Decks. I'm really looking forward to the day when we have enough time to apply them to the whole ship.

You're the first who mentioned the caps on the rear HA Rangefinders, I was hoping that it would take longer I already have that on my to do list, but will postpone that for now.
Oh, and as a hint, considering the outfit from May 22nd 1941 and after, there's one more little detail that's not right!

CommandOfTheSea.com

Last edited by CommandOfTheSea; 04-08-20 at 01:09 AM.