SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-31-18, 07:14 PM   #586
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome back!

blknight14!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-18, 12:08 AM   #587
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER

...and every thing the results say is true.
Old 09-01-18, 08:36 PM   #588
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel B. View Post
HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER

...and every thing the results say is true.

Never mind the celestial stuff, when are you going to do a tutorial on Grid?

Reformed ESGN, GPS, and other goodies tech.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-18, 10:33 PM   #589
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Uploads: 2

Sorry, grids are not my specialty. Then again, neither are WWI/II German navigation techniques.

I might be able to provide some assistance, though. Depends on what needs to be explained.
Old 01-22-19, 09:07 PM   #590
geekichick
Watch

Downloads: 109

CASUAL SUBSIM SKIPPER

You fell in love with Aces of the Deep. Your playing style is relaxed, more for fun than historical accuracy. You always play Sub Command or Dangerous Waters from the NavMap (rightclick is your friend), if you ever ventured to play them at all. Probably you prefer WWII subsims like Silent Hunter 3, SH4 and Aces. You may try the manual TDC, but you prefer to leave the auto map contacts on, (blank maps scare you). Even though you know submarine skippers missed targets occasionally in real life, you cannot resist reloading a mission to take another shot at a 10,000-tonne troopship that got away. One ship, one torpedo, finished off with the deck gun--that's the creed you live by. Hold your head high--there's no shame in having fun.
geekichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-19, 07:11 PM   #591
Ypsan
Swabbie

Downloads: 60

I just fired up SH5 TWoS for the first time and decided to get to know my crew better and memorize their names while the auto script was taking us out of Memel harbor. Well, we soon ended up rolling all over each other as the boat crashed into land and the game crashed soon after. While reinstalling the game I stumbled upon this quiz and this is what I got:

ROLE-PLAYING SUBSIM SKIPPER

Your taste in sub and naval games runs the gamut from Grey Wolf to Silent Hunter 4. You have tried them all, at varying realism options. You're a lit-tle old-er than the typical subsim skipper, and probably remember using a tape cassette player to load programs onto your Radio Shack TRS-80. (Or perhaps you're wise beyond your years.) Your primary joy is using your imagination to put yourself into the game. You are able to overlook little details like the crew appearing instantly on the bridge, or wonky AI: to you, these are easily worked into the story as a crew who are really light on their feet, and frigates that have green skippers. The game platform gets you halfway there, your imagination does the rest. You spend lots of time setting up your crew management so it's just right and may even talk to them. You relish managing support and logistics in games like Cold Waters, Silent Hunter 5, Wolfpack, Navy Field, and Silent War.

Ypsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-19, 04:47 AM   #592
rmax
Seaman

Default Spooky

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

You are the "sim" in Subsim.
rmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 06:50 PM   #593
Eagle0110
Nub

Downloads: 66
Icon12

"HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

You are the "sim" in Subsim."

I'd say that's a pretty accurate quiz xD
Eagle0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-19, 02:50 AM   #594
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER

Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and fire a slavo in the general direction of the target. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn or two guys named Killerfish. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADCAP equals "make my day".

Pfff?!?! A Seawolf? Give me a 688i and nothing will ever float again. LOL!

Hell, it even got my "whiteness" down to a T. This was terrifyingly accurate.
Old 09-16-19, 11:54 PM   #595
Bwf.
Panzerfront Junkie

Downloads: 51

Took the test:

"HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
You are the "sim" in Subsim."

Translation: I'm a "Prick"

Shot all my ammo at a T-34...
blew up a car, a barn, some peasants,
and set the forest on fire.
Bwf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 01:44 PM   #596
CPTLTJASON
Kapitan.z.S Hartmann

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 1

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER

You are the "sim" in Subsim.

Kapitan.z.S Hartmann's (U-35,U-46-U-204-U-332-U-256-U-293, U-838, U-830, U-834, U-1188, U-1180, U-835, U-840, U-839, Schiff 44 “AFRIKA”, Schiff 77 "Stortebecker", "Schiff 66 "WOLF", Schiff 19, Schiff 30) motto: Eastward Ho!
"Be more aggressive"

Schiff 30 wird sie alle versenken!
CPTLTJASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 04:15 PM   #597
cadecenU112
Nub

Downloads: 1

Apparently I am a HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER!

Didn't know SH3 has a save function. Huh...
cadecenU112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 06:37 PM   #598
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Not only never uses it, didn't even know it was there! Hardcode skipper indeed
Old 02-01-20, 09:30 PM   #599
Comodoro
Der Kommodore

Downloads: 46
Default Nuke Subsim Skipper hahaha!

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER

Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and fire a slavo in the general direction of the target. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn or two guys named Killerfish. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADCAP equals "make my day".

Hehehe, if only a VIIC had nukes...

but yes, in fact I would love a DWX hi-res remake.
Comodoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 11:24 AM   #600
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

ROLE-PLAYING SUBSIM SKIPPER

Your taste in sub and naval games runs the gamut from Grey Wolf to Silent Hunter 4. You have tried them all, at varying realism options. You're a lit-tle old-er than the typical subsim skipper, and probably remember using a tape cassette player to load programs onto your Radio Shack TRS-80. (Or perhaps you're wise beyond your years.) Your primary joy is using your imagination to put yourself into the game. You are able to overlook little details like the crew appearing instantly on the bridge, or wonky AI: to you, these are easily worked into the story as a crew who are really light on their feet, and frigates that have green skippers. The game platform gets you halfway there, your imagination does the rest. You spend lots of time setting up your crew management so it's just right and may even talk to them. You relish managing support and logistics in games like Cold Waters, Silent Hunter 5, Wolfpack, Navy Field, and Silent War.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote