SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-09-18, 04:46 PM   #1
Geoff then
Gunner

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0
Default multiplayer

Hello Sailors,
So me and a friend play silent hunter 4 multiplayer when we meet for what we call a "session".
We always use the "custom map" option. The problem we have with this is that you mostly start right in front of the convoi. Now, does someone know how to change the distance you have to the convoi at the start (maybe some line in a cfg file or sth?!). We would even like to have an area where we have to search for the convoi first, if that is possible. We like the randomness of this option but that distance thing is really a point that we'd like to change.
Any help is mostly appreciated,
greetz

geoff

Edit: We play TMO 2.5 for these purposes. No additional mods
Old 03-10-18, 08:23 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

On regular MultiPlayer files, you can use "SH4MissionEditor.exe", which is found in the same folder as the game itself, "SH4.exe", and open one of the files in the "MultiMissions" folder. The "ADVXX..." files are the adversarial, while the "MPXX..." are co-operative. You can move the boat icons and ship icons around, but you'll find that most of those files have "set" groups. For variety, you'd need to use Random Groups. As for the "Custom Map", I haven't seen a way to alter that. It looks like, to me (and I'm no expert), that it is hard-coded. Someone else probably knows more...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-18, 12:21 PM   #3
Geoff then
Gunner

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Oh my,
I have seen this .exe so many times, still I haven't thought about using it ONCE...
great job me.
But thanks for the heads-up, looking into this right now and it seems it solves all the problems because we can just build our mp missions ourselves right? Thats just great!
Old 03-10-18, 12:58 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Why, yes, yes you can... The thing to do is build about a dozen or more missions, using cryptic file names that make absolutely no sense, then only put a half-dozen in the game at a time, so that you, as the author, might forget what they're like, and not have an advantage over your opponents...

When the little app opens, do File, New and type in the date you want for the mission. Then, on the Mission page, choose Parameters, and be sure and change the "Mission Type" near the top from "Single Player" to "Multi-Player", and then click on "Accept" at the bottom. There is also a choice for "Cooperative" and "Adversarial" up top. You can have up to 8 submarines in a cooperative mission. I cannot remember how the Adversarial works...

I cannot remember if RGG works in a MultiPlayer mission or not, and I can't test that right now, since my other computer with SH4 on it is down right now... If they do work, you can put a "RandStartRadius=0.000000" (which is in kilometers) of up to 100 - if I'm remembering correctly... maybe 20... Just make sure that any RGG you create isn't anywhere near a land mass that would fall within that range, and that any sub you add to the game is farther away than 30km, which is the spawn "limit". If any player boat is within that limit, the RGG won't spawn. For testing purposes, you could set "ReportPosMin=-1" to a positive number, and then the game will generate one of those messages like "Enemy convoy reported Longitude / Latitude, course and speed"... If RGG won't work, I am sorry for chasing you down that rabbit hole ahead of time...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote