SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-12-08, 11:30 AM   #1
iksoks
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Submarine loadout

Hi all
Im trying to create a torp training & testing mission. No probs whatsoever but one little thing.

Is there a way to determine torpedo loadout for your sub ? I would like to test some torp types against each other so i wonder is this possible at all since i cant find this option in the editor.

thanx
Iksoks
iksoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 12:08 PM   #2
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iksoks
Hi all
Im trying to create a torp training & testing mission. No probs whatsoever but one little thing.

Is there a way to determine torpedo loadout for your sub ? I would like to test some torp types against each other so i wonder is this possible at all since i cant find this option in the editor.

thanx
Iksoks
I don't think you can do that from the mission editor, if there is a way I never heard of it. But it may be possible to make a mod on a sub with a certain loadout and use that sub to play the mission.
When you play, in the quick mission screen you can pick which sub to use (even suface ships) so you don't have to play with the sub the mission was created with. I never tried it but if you could set up a sub with certain torps available and use that sub it might work.
According to some lines in the submarine.upc file, at some point in time there are loadouts using more than one type of torpedo loaded by default.

For example here is the Bunker for the Gato:

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 5.Bunker 1] ; Forward Torpedo Room
ID=BowTorpedoRoom
Capacity=10
IDLinkAmmunitionIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1943-12-31, Mk14Torpedo, 10
IDLinkAmmunitionIntervalDefault2= 1944-01-01, 1944-06-31, Mk14Torpedo, 3, Mk18Torpedo, 4, Mk23Torpedo, 3
IDLinkAmmunitionIntervalDefault3= 1944-07-01, 1944-12-31, Mk14Torpedo, 5, Mk18Torpedo, 4, Mk23Torpedo, 1
IDLinkAmmunitionIntervalDefault4= 1945-01-01, NULL, Mk14Torpedo, 4, Mk18Torpedo, 6

If you look at the highlighted line, from Jan 44 to June 44 it has:
3 Mk 14
4 Mk 18
3 Mk 23

That may be something you could work with and then have a sub mod included with the mission, and install the mission itself as a part of that MOD package. Just a suggestion, I have never tried it, so no guarantee.

Might be worth a try to get the type of mission you are trying to do. Sounds interesting. Good luck, hope something works out.
Another thing you might try is a search for loadouts in the MOD forum, I know it has been discussed, but since it wasn't something I was planning on using I don't remember what the results were, but there may already be a mod to do what you want.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-08, 04:56 PM   #3
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

I'd always wondered about this and also the posibility of starting a mission with certain equipment. I think I was waiting for someone who was intelligent, but not as lazy as me to come along and tell me the answer.

I just didn't have the patience, when using the campaign mode for testing was annoying, but less time consuming.

Peabody will probably get it to work somehow, as he's got more patience that I do. I also wanted to test some torpedoes, homing ones, in certain situations but I had to do it through the campaign mode, as I lost patience trying to find how to do it. It may be nice to recreate the secret mission to test the homing torpedoes in a particularly nasty straight.

Last edited by Nisgeis; 08-14-08 at 03:53 AM.
Nisgeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-08, 01:29 PM   #4
iksoks
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

thanx for the answer..

well it seems a bit complicated but maybe ill give it a try...
iksoks is offline   Reply With Quote