Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Ironclads
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-09, 01:07 AM   #16
Maxim
Totem Games

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

1. Management.

Move the mouse cursor at any buttons or other element of management in game. After a small delay you will see the description of this button.

2. A land and seaworthiness.

Game is based on the assumption that the Confederation could create group of the seaworthy ships to protect the trading ways. Models of the ships of Confederation correspond to the real ships which have been constructed and paid.

We understand, that coastal ironclads and monitors do not approach for battles in the high sea. But any game is convention. I very much would like to understand, how seaworthy battleships of the North and the South looked. But in a reality they have not been constructed.

3. The editor of scenarios.

Our new game is realization of remarks and wishes to the first game. The majority of our buyers did not ask to make the editor. If it changes, we will try to add the editor.

P.S. Game already on sale. I hope, that you will keep development of a series of games about Civil war on the sea.
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-09, 01:14 AM   #17
Maxim
Totem Games

The Internet is necessary to receive an activation key only. It is more to connect the Internet it is not necessary.

You can activate game on the computer which is not connected to the Internet. The Internet is necessary to download game install file and to receive a key.

Last edited by Maxim; 09-24-09 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-02-09, 06:40 PM   #18
mbv
Swabbie

Default Demo

Hi

Interesting game with good ship graphics. Is there a fix yet for the quality of the sea graphics with Nvidia 6 & 7 series cards ? I have 7900GT 512mb and it would be nice to be able to select "Good" sea graphics rather than "Simple".

Playing the demo through I noticed a potential problem. I had all my ships in a single group. I got a message that one of them was a runaway so I clicked on it to gain control of the ship. When I did this the runaway ship became the group leader (2 stars above it) but the stars above all the other ships in the group vanished and I could not control them. All of the other ships also seemed to run out of ammunition at exactly the same time as I clicked on the runaway and it assumed command. Is this a bug or just something I don't understand in the gameplay ??

Some other points.....

1. It would be good to have a manual and/or a tutorial mission even if the game is utimately fairly simple.

2. I like to play with minimal screen clutter and icons so it would be great to have the option to remove the control panel at the bottom of the screen for a clearer view and for better screenshots of the action. Also the option to remove the icons above the ships would be useful for the same reasons.

3. The union monitors seem to be able to shoot themselves. I have seen a turret rotate to fire on an enemy ship and regardless of whether the funnel or boat stays are in the way it pumps a round into itself and you see the hit as an explosion.
mbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-09, 01:18 AM   #19
Maxim
Totem Games

1. Last version of a demo. It includes a patch for video cards Nvidia of a series 7:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_50594.shtml

2. Very similar on a bug. We will try to repeat this problem. On result we will inform you.

3. The game manual will be added in the new version of a demo.

4. We can add possibility to hide the interface pressing the button.

5. To understand that occurs at the moment of a shot of guns of the monitor the screenshot is necessary. The ship cannot shoot at itself, therefore only on a screenshot it will be possible to see the reasons.
Old 10-03-09, 11:42 AM   #20
mbv
Swabbie

Hi

Thanks for your quick and full replies. I did use the 1.1 demo nvidia patch, but it is with this latest version that I cannot select "Good" water - all I see is the sky where there should be water. Does the full version of the game include the nvidia patch ?

Look forward to a patch for hiding the interface
Old 10-04-09, 02:49 AM   #21
Maxim
Totem Games

In the near future the new version of a demo will be ready. We will inform on it.

After installation of the new version of a demo on your computer all becomes clear. If there will be problems we will understand their reasons on your computer.

I would recommend to you not to buy yet the full version of game. Let's check up all on the new version of a demo. So it will be fair.

We tested game on Nvidia video cards of 7 gen. At several buyers of our game a similar video card. Problems are not present. But it is better to you not to risk.

Totem Team
Old 10-12-09, 11:57 AM   #22
mbv
Swabbie

Any news on the new demo ?
Old 10-12-09, 01:15 PM   #23
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Hey mbv

The new demo I think v1.2 has now been released and is available at the Totem games site

I hope it works better for you than me as I had v1.1 installed and it worked fine, then I decided to install v1.2 to check out the new features only to find it doesn't start on my machine. (Geforce 7800gt AMD 3000+ AC'97 onboard sound 2GB RAM Windows XP SP).

Last edited by Sonarman; 10-12-09 at 06:31 PM.
Sonarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 06:32 PM   #24
mbv
Swabbie

Thanks Sonarman

Found it and had a play with the new version. The new download is over twice the size of the last one. I wondered why and then found out during the installattion process that it wants to install the Direct X August 2009 update and C++ 2008 too !! After letting these install it all worked fine for me. They have added a few features now which are not listed anywhere eg. F4 closes the HUD for a clearer view of events (although it does not shut off the star icons above ships - Totem you need to shut those off too with F4! ), there is a game timer countdown now at top left, there's a six page pdf manual and if you hover your mouse over a ship an info. panel briefly appears. There may be other new stuff I haven't found yet.

Overall it looks good and plays well. There are some graphics glitches eg. flame and smoke from a cannon does not appear at the muzzle but slightly to one side which looks a bit odd close up, but you won't notice it zoomed out.

I would still like to see more damage modelling too like broken masts and destroyed guns/decking. Would be nice if the weather changed a bit too during a long battle or between battles.

Setting the sea detail to Good still doesn't work for me, I can only play it on Simple. Also the Success Rating at the end of a battle doesn't show a percentage score for me now, just an empty wreath My setup is Win XP SP3, AMD 64 3700, 7900GT 512mb graphics, 2 Gig RAM, External audio.

Not a bad game and quite tempted by the full version, but I would like to know more about what is in the full version first in terms of ships and scenarios.

Example of graphics glitch with gunfire not aligned to cannon firing.....

Example of Success Rating page not showing a score......

Old 10-14-09, 12:59 PM   #25
Maxim
Totem Games

2 Sonarman\

Installation of a patch of version 1.2 demands updating of program DirectX. I recommend to you to write the letter to a support service. We will rescue your saves, we will give new game install in version 1.2.

You install and can load your saves.

Do not hesitate to address in a support service. The different computers, different situations.

Last edited by Maxim; 10-14-09 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-14-09, 02:36 PM   #26
Maxim
Totem Games

2 mbv\

In game are presented two conflicting sides, three levels of complexity, 36 hours of game time.

During 6 consecutive battles the player should destroy a squadron of the enemy in battles in the high sea. After each battle the squadron comes back in harbour for repair and purchase of the new ships. In the battle crews of the ships receive experience. It improves many characteristics of the ship (an example - accuracy).

On the scheme 12 types of the ships are represented all. On 6 types at each side.

Confederation:

Type 1 light gunboat - accessible in a current of all game
Type 2 cruiser - accessible in a current of all game
Type 3 casemate ship - accessible in a current of all game of (no more than two ships)
Type 4 screw corvette -accessible after the first battle
Type 5 the tower ship - accessible after the third battle (no more than two ships)
Type 5 broadside ironclad - accessible after the fifth battle (no more than one ship)

Union:

Type 1 screw gunboat - accessible in a current of all game
Type 2 screw sloop - accessible in a current of all game
Type 3 light monitor - accessible in a current of all game of (no more than two ships)
Type 4 screw frigate -accessible after the first battle
Type 5 ironclad ship - accessible after the third battle (no more than two ships)
Type 5 heavy monitor - accessible after the fifth battle (no more than one ship)

If it is interesting, I can describe each type of the ship.
Old 10-15-09, 02:06 PM   #27
Bis71
Gunner

Downloads: 2

Here's my review:

http://wargamer.com/article/2782/ironclads-high-seas

And the game is only $26.99 USD !!!!

Last edited by Bis71; 10-15-09 at 03:48 PM.
Bis71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 07:27 PM   #28
mbv
Swabbie

They need to bring the full game version in line with the added features of the v1.2 demo. The full game download is still at version 1.0

Once sales tax/vat is added this game is more like $36 to buy, at least here in the UK it is.

As I would only play it on the realistic setting that provides just 12 hours (six missions at 2 hours each) gameplay for £23 which is a bit steep for me.

I did like the new demo however and they are certainly heading in the right direction with the gameplay, plus the ship graphics are superb. I'll wait to see how this one develops and maybe purchase when the exchange rate is better for us in the UK.
Old 10-16-09, 09:39 AM   #29
Maxim
Totem Games

2mbv\

1. The full version game has been updated after release of a patch and demo v1.2

2. I could solve this problem. However it is forbidden to Russian users PayPal to receive money for the account. Russian can pay only. If it was not so you have paid only 27 dollars. In the Great Britain there is payment system WebMoney?

3. Not 12 hours of game. 2 battles for 2 hours + 2 battles for 3 hours + 2 battles for 4 hours = 18 hours only for one side. 36 hours for two sides. Now we have begun work on creation of free addition. Two new types of the ship and a mode of casual battle.

4. We not transnational corporation. We two simple guys from Russia. If us will not support purchases no development will exist. By the way, someone wrote that if we make possibility to hide interface that it will buy our game. Someone has not bought. Certainly it is a joke but where still you will find developers which so listen to your opinion.
Old 10-16-09, 01:25 PM   #30
Bis71
Gunner

Downloads: 2

Of course, the hours as stated above are only if the player wins magnicient victories straight off. If you lose an engagement or want to win with a better score, many more hours await.