SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-08, 05:38 PM   #211
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progrocker
Is the OLCE2 compatible with GWX 2.1 Enhanced Damage Effects? The former version wasnt compatible with GWX 2.0, so thats why i am asking.
No it isn't.
I'd better update post #1.

Edit: I've updated post #1 with detailed information on mod compatibility.

Last edited by onelifecrisis; 04-22-08 at 05:50 PM.
onelifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-08, 06:16 PM   #212
Lopo
Lieutenant

Downloads: 477
Uploads: 0
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopo
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, I have just a little problem with the sun ... all is working fine and OLCE2 is a gem.
I have a flat sun even with the fix. I tried a lot of ärragements for my videocard (GeForce 8800GT) with nHancer in order to have a real sun... and I have it only with application for AA and AF selected but the price is high for the rest of the game!!!

Can somebody help me, please, to have a sun bright and shining because I only know how to sink a ship and absolutely not how to do with these stuff...

Thanks

Here is my videocard parameters with nHancer:

http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?i...e1copiehx9.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?i...e2copiefm9.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?i...e3copievv1.jpg

Cheers

Lopo
Do you get a flat sun without OLCE2 installed?
Of course, you're right...

With GWX2.1 correctly installed and the same videocard parameters, I have a big flat sun!
I think that's something with serie GF8XXX videocards and absolutely not with your mod. I know that ATI users don't have the same problem. But I don't know how fix it...
I have an ATI card and it's the same for me. AA settings (including adaptive AA) have a big effect. If I turn off all AA and don't apply my sun fix, I have a flat sun in OLCE2. If I max out both normal and adaptive AA and apply the OLCE2 sun fix (not advised) the sun halo takes up half the sky and is totally blinding.

You'll have to enable a bit of AA to fix it.
Thanks a lot for your quick answer...
I'll try it after downloading your last version. You are an untiring perfectionist. I like it... Thanks for all
Well, either I have a shining sun with low level of details (low quality of textures) or I have a flat sun with high level of details (high quality). Enabling a bit of AA don't fix the flat sun. Sorry.

Lopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-08, 08:30 PM   #213
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, I have just a little problem with the sun ... all is working fine and OLCE2 is a gem.
I have a flat sun even with the fix. I tried a lot of ärragements for my videocard (GeForce 8800GT) with nHancer in order to have a real sun... and I have it only with application for AA and AF selected but the price is high for the rest of the game!!!

Can somebody help me, please, to have a sun bright and shining because I only know how to sink a ship and absolutely not how to do with these stuff...

Thanks

Cheers

Lopo

With GWX2.1 correctly installed and the same videocard parameters, I have a big flat sun!
I think that's something with serie GF8XXX videocards and absolutely not with your mod. I know that ATI users don't have the same problem. But I don't know how fix it...
I have an ATI card and it's the same for me. AA settings (including adaptive AA) have a big effect. If I turn off all AA and don't apply my sun fix, I have a flat sun in OLCE2. If I max out both normal and adaptive AA and apply the OLCE2 sun fix (not advised) the sun halo takes up half the sky and is totally blinding.

I'll try it after downloading your last version. You are an untiring perfectionist. I like it... Thanks for all
Well, either I have a shining sun with low level of details (low quality of textures) or I have a flat sun with high level of details (high quality). Enabling a bit of AA don't fix the flat sun. Sorry.
Did you turn on adaptive AA as well?
Old 04-23-08, 12:41 AM   #214
Lopo
Lieutenant

Default ...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Cheers

Lopo

I'm not sure... where can I, please, find it in nHancer? Or anywhere?
Thanks for your help.

Old 04-23-08, 05:04 AM   #215
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progrocker
Is the OLCE2 compatible with GWX 2.1 Enhanced Damage Effects? The former version wasnt compatible with GWX 2.0, so thats why i am asking.
No it isn't.
I'd better update post #1.

Edit: I've updated post #1 with detailed information on mod compatibility.
very good idea
Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 08:35 AM   #216
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Cheers

Lopo

Thanks for your help.
I think it's called Antialiasing - Transparency on nVidia cards.
Old 04-23-08, 10:00 AM   #217
Lopo
Lieutenant

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Cheers

Lopo

Thanks for your help.
I think it's called Antialiasing - Transparency on nVidia cards.
Yes, I have turn it on... in nHancer there's super-transparency AA.
And always the same result. Have read again the thread about NVidia tweaks to SH3/SH4 and try a lot of combinations... but nothing else. I really don't understand and I don't want to annoy anybody with my video problems... so let's play with a flat sun...
Thanks

Lopo

Old 04-23-08, 10:03 AM   #218
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, Lopo, but I'm glad at least that it's not my mod causing the problem, so thanks for checking.
Old 04-23-08, 10:17 AM   #219
Lopo
Lieutenant

Quote:
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, Lopo, but I'm glad at least that it's not my mod causing the problem, so thanks for checking.
You're welcome. Good hunting!

Old 04-23-08, 12:05 PM   #220
Marko_Ramius
Frogman

Downloads: 109

Hi Lopo,

You should try to not use a profile in Nhancer/driver Nvidia ; Just tweak it in general tab. Don't sure if it will fix it but why not try ?

I had problems with last Nvidia drivers and profile tweak so it's why i say you that.

I have a 8800GTS with 169.44 and i don't have the flat sun. And don't need the flat fix. And i don't use Adaptive AA at all ..

OLC : Your GUI seems to work OK in 1680/1050 I just have to understand to use it.
Marko_Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 03:06 PM   #221
Lopo
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko_Ramius
Hi Lopo,

You should try to not use a profile in Nhancer/driver Nvidia ; Just tweak it in general tab. Don't sure if it will fix it but why not try ?

I had problems with last Nvidia drivers and profile tweak so it's why i say you that.

I have a 8800GTS with 169.44 and i don't have the flat sun. And don't need the flat fix. And i don't use Adaptive AA at all ..

OLC : Your GUI seems to work OK in 1680/1050 I just have to understand to use it.
Thanks. I will try that!

Old 04-23-08, 03:54 PM   #222
mkubani
Lieutenant

Downloads: 0

Hi OLC,

Finally I got some time to try your mod. Fantastic piece of work. Got one question if you don't mind. It's clear for me that you had to reduce to one zoom level in order to avoid the flat render of the ocean. I agee. However, is it possible to keep two zoom levels for AAA gun and deck gun only? I find it quite difficult to aim at the maximum zoom out level. It's especially difficult with the deck gun. Is it something I could change myself for my own version of your mod? Thanks.
mkubani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 05:39 PM   #223
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkubani
I find it quite difficult to aim at the maximum zoom out level.
That's the idea.
Old 04-23-08, 07:36 PM   #224
ViperU48
Torpedoman

Downloads: 58

Oh kind, and merciful Onelifecrisis! Please check your PM box...for i've sent you a nice wrench.
Old 04-24-08, 01:02 AM   #225
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22

OK I also have the Problems with OLCE2 and the flat sun when Anti aliasing is enabled.... when i use 32xS antialiasing via nHancer the sun is very flat. If I only use 4x MSAA the sun looks OK but I miss out on the smooth textures that 32xS AA gives me... which means I get the shimmering waves in the distance.
I might try some other AA modes, and see if I can get an good compromise.

And one other thing:
Is anyone else getting these graphical artifacts along the horizon?
They are like flat black rectangles (up to 1cm x 2cm in size some of them are only dots though) that flash up every couple of seconds along the horizon.

Its not a hardware problem as I don't get them with GWX 16km atmosphere. I am using a nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 512MB (G92) with ForceWare 174.74 beta drivers.

cheers!

And thank you onelifecrisis, for your dedictaion to bringing us the best! Your mods rock! No wait... YOU ROCK!
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote