Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-14-19, 08:10 AM   #1
Taurolas
Medic

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Default SH5 GFP & mod install lists

Hi folks, haven't played SH5 in years, but a bit of nostalga recently made me take a look at it again.

So on deciding to give it a go i'm amazed at all these new files and GFP patching bits... I'm assuming the latest GFP patches should be installed fully (except the experimental bits) to iron out alot of the original bugs that were in SH5 but which mods then best suit it or give a stable game?

any mod lists for what people have found stable with the appropriate gfp file (which bits have you installed from the patches) would be a great help.

wether it be from Sobers mega mod pack or wolves of steel i'll try anything anybody has running that doesnt ctd (mine currently crashes when i look at the map lol!

Old 06-14-19, 09:19 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Sorry to spread my ignorance, but what is GFP patch? Never heard of and I'm playing SH5 modded for quite a good time. You mean the TDW Generic Patcher? This is not a mod, it's a pre-requisite to start modding the SH5 1.2.0 game.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-19, 10:07 AM   #3
Taurolas
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Sorry to spread my ignorance, but what is GFP patch? Never heard of and I'm playing SH5 modded for quite a good time. You mean the TDW Generic Patcher? This is not a mod, it's a pre-requisite to start modding the SH5 1.2.0 game.
Sorry my bad, yes i have updated to 1.2.0 and installed the TDW generic patcher, which i assumed was needed to rectify the stock SH5 to remove various bugs n glitches (again my bad as i saw a post where it'd been called GFP patches) but i dont seem to be having much fun getting anywhere with mods, i was hoping someone would post a screen shot of their JSGME mod installs, providing their game is stable so that i know what i can try and use, i currently get ctd's on talking to the mission officer in the bunker and also map screen if i avoid him like the plauge
Old 06-14-19, 12:32 PM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

You can take a look here, it's my 'Xenon's Modlist'. It's not ready for download yet because I'm testing for stability. This gives you an idea of the gigantic work to play with a trouble-free SH5 game

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=241069
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-19, 05:03 AM   #5
Taurolas
Medic

Thanks XenonSurf

I remember my SH5 looking similar all those years ago (iirc i had about 35 mods running and it was stable!) and yes i appreciate it takes a hell of a lot of time and effort to find a stable setup, something which i have in very short supply at the moment, I look forward to you finishing your testing, if i can help in any way just let me know.

cheers
Old 06-15-19, 05:40 AM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurolas View Post
... it takes a hell of a lot of time and effort to find a stable setup, something which i have in very short supply at the moment
Than our "Steel Wolves" are the perfect solution for you Sir...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703

Check install instructions carefully and happy hunting!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote