Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-19, 06:11 AM   #1
Mowgli
Sparks

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0
Icon11 Seriously impressed

So I am back from SH4 (it's ok) and decided to start a new campaign in SH5, but saw before starting, that since my last campaign WOS had received several updates.
So I bit the bullet and wiped all the great mods and started again from scratch and man was I impressed with the work that has gone into that superb collection of mods.
Big thank you to all who made it so great.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Mowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-19, 09:09 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

I'm glad you like it, but: what did surprise me when starting is that SH5 (correctly modded) is way more difficult to play compared to SH3, or SH4. The handling of the TDW NewUIs must be patiently learned which not everyone will spend the time for - especially in the absence of any good documentation (only videos), and it has some annoying quirks with the mouse controls.
To set up the game correctlly and change it to your taste, you almost need to have a PC Administrator license... And on top of all that, WoS is sheer difficult in the gameplay, not everyone will enjoy this exagerated 'high realism'.

That's why I'm working on a megamod with easier gameplay for the 'normal' player

Have fun!
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-08-19 at 09:28 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-19, 11:53 AM   #3
Mowgli
Sparks

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post

That's why I'm working on a megamod with easier gameplay for the 'normal' player

Have fun!
XS
Fortunately for me, I know my way around computers but you are right, I can see why some might have problems installing the mod collection and then tailoring it for their personal preferences.
I thought I rocked at SH3 and 4 was a walk in the park but SH5 is something else and I am far more cautious in this version.

Good Luck with the Megamod, without you guys SH5 would be as dead as me and my crew in my last play-through.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Mowgli is offline   Reply With Quote