SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-02-19, 01:41 PM   #1
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Default LSH Functional Chronometer Help

I went back and revisited LSH 2015 and determined that my issues with the Mod were largely self inflicted and I had overstated the load times (actually ~7.5 minutes despite telling myself a million times not to exaggerate) and that the seeming ease with which I shot down several LRMP aircraft were probably statistical outlier events.

The last issue was my failure to successfully install the Draggable, Functional Chronometer by Ericlea. Have solved that problem but now have two chronometers; the non-functional one from LSH, which lives on the right hand side of the screen and the modded one at the top of the screen. Pushing the stock chrono as far to the right as it will go mostly makes it go away and its continued existence is by no means a deal-breaker but I really would like to make it disappear.

A check of the LSH menu_1024_768.ini file shows entries for the Chronometer.tga in the following locations (underscores included for clarity):

G26_I92, G26_I93, G26_I24, G26_I95

G2B_I92, G2B_I93, G2B_I94, G2B_I95

G28_I85, G28_I86, G28_I86, G28_I88

The _LSH3_2015_OLC_GUI mod is active so preserving the fixed Chrono in the attack periscope view is necessary.

Am pretty sure that deleting one or more of the above blocks will delete the stock LSH chrono provided I make certain that numerical continuity is correctly maintained but am concerned that just deleting the entries containing Chronometer.tga and re-numbering the sequence my cause other issues or have unintended consequences.

Can anybody advise which entries to delete to eliminate the stock LSH draggable chronograph?

The entries from the mod are:

G3F_I410, G3F_I411, G3F_I412, G3F_I413, G3F_I414.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-19, 09:21 PM   #2
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151

Hi, if you still need help adding the chrono to LSH, a while ago i made one for the widescreen version of the LSH3 2015 UI. If youre still interested let me know and i can give it to you via mediafire.
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-19, 11:39 PM   #3
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Thank you for this, after 200+ views you're the only Member to bother responding, however I am not running a wide-screen GUI and am happy with the display status quo. That said, I would certainly like to see your menu_1024_768.ini file to perhaps help figure out the best way to edit mine.

So please advise how to proceed or PM your mediafire URL if that works better for you.

Thanks again.

-C
Old 06-20-19, 12:24 AM   #4
Benzin1973
Engineer

There doesnt seem to be a lot of ppl still modding SH3 these days, that might explain the lack of answers.

Here is the link to the UI with the chronograph. I cant tell you exactly what i changed, because its been quite a while since i made that mod. And my memory isnt what it used to be haha. But take a look, do a file compare with the original file and you should see what i added. WinMerge is a good free app for this.
Also, Please remember that its not just a matter of modifying the menu file, you also need to add several other files like images, etc. They should all be included in the mod i linked to.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7azlci...EN-V2.zip/file

Hope this helps.
Old 06-20-19, 12:28 AM   #5
Benzin1973
Engineer

Looking up the mod i mentioned earlier, i found this file. It contains (i think) all the needed files and even the changes to menu file i used to add the chronograph. This should solve your problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pvat81...Files.zip/file
Old 06-20-19, 09:23 AM   #6
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Thanks you for these, I will reply when I have eliminated that pesky extra chronometer.

-C