SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-26-19, 07:25 AM   #1
plechacenko
Swabbie

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0
Icon9 Crashes over again

Hi sailors,
I still have problems with SH3 (GWX + several mods like lifeboats, water sh5 an so on..) - game crashes to desktop during playing without any notification. I´ve tried: run sfc, DEP off, check RAM and drivers, clear registry, no mods - but nothing works. Event log shows application error 0xc0000005. My PC: Ryzen 2600, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2060, win 10 home (a brand new comp). A couple years ago I had the same problem with my old computer with win 7 home - after crash notification -sh3´s stopped working- appeared. Silent hunter 3 is the only one game in which I´ve got troubles and that makes me very unhappy cause I like this game much. Could anyone of you give me some tips or advices? Any help welcome. Thanks a lot. Sorry for my english:-)

plechac

plechacenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-19, 10:14 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

plechacenko!AFTER A NINE YEAR SILENT RUN!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-19, 10:18 AM   #3
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Welcome aboard!

If you're having this problem with stock SH3, no mods, no anything, the I'd say the game installation is corrupted.

First, where do you have it installed? If it's in either of the Program Files folders, reinstall it somewhere else. Windows likes to reserve those two folders for its own stuff. Usually things will work okay there, but when it doesn't it doesn't. I have a separate SSD just for games, and all my games run from there just fine.

Second, in whatever folder you create for SH3 do a fresh installation of the game, and run it once just to make sure it is working properly. Then install GWX or whichever supermod you want to run. After you've made sure that it is all working together, then you can start to install other mods. I recommend using JSGME, since if you don't like a mod it's easy to remove it again. And install and test each mod one-at-a-time, so if there's a crash you'll know exactly which mod caused it. It takes time but it's worth it.

Beyond that, let's see what happens next and take it from there.

Oh, and my system nearly matches yours: Ryzen 5 2600, 16 Gigs of RAM. The big difference is the Graphics Card. I'm using an AMD RX-580,
Old 05-27-19, 09:36 AM   #4
plechacenko
Swabbie

Hi Steve,
thanks for reply.

My game is steam version, earlier I had DVD and the result was the same - error. I´ve got ssd disk for game as you do and I´m used to work with JGSME (Gwx + mods). I´ll try to check mods one after another and will see. Event log says one more thing about erring modul d3d9.dll and the code of error is 0xc0000005.
Old 05-27-19, 09:46 AM   #5
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by plechacenko View Post
Hi sailors,
I still have problems with SH3 (GWX + several mods like lifeboats, water sh5 an so on..) - game crashes to desktop during playing without any notification. I´ve tried: run sfc, DEP off, check RAM and drivers, clear registry, no mods - but nothing works. Event log shows application error 0xc0000005. My PC: Ryzen 2600, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2060, win 10 home (a brand new comp). A couple years ago I had the same problem with my old computer with win 7 home - after crash notification -sh3´s stopped working- appeared. Silent hunter 3 is the only one game in which I´ve got troubles and that makes me very unhappy cause I like this game much. Could anyone of you give me some tips or advices? Any help welcome. Thanks a lot. Sorry for my english:-)

plechac
Hello plechacenk,

Would you mind listing the mods you currently have installed as advised above ?

And could you also tell us where you have installed the game to?

Have you applied the 4GB patch ?

This info would be invaluable to trying to help you with your problems.
Old 05-27-19, 11:25 AM   #6
plechacenko
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Hello plechacenk,

Would you mind listing the mods you currently have installed as advised above ?

And could you also tell us where you have installed the game to?

Have you applied the 4GB patch ?

This info would be invaluable to trying to help you with your problems.

Hi s7rikeback,
I installed game to ssd disk E (steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 3
4 gb patch used
My mods: Gwx gold, das boot officers mod, das boot clothes, gwx contact colors, rb sh4 effects for sh3, sh 5 water for gwx 3.0, lifeboats & debris v4, waterstream + exhaust combi for gwx, type VII spiker

Actually I´ve replaced d3d9.dll file and still keep trying and testing
Thank you very much for your willingness
plechac
Old 05-29-19, 12:54 PM   #7
plechacenko
Swabbie

So after replacing d3d9.dll file I made 10 patrols without crashing and then the same error appears again - no idea what happend and why

I tried to load the last position before crash but no succes - exit to win - Sh3 commander shows next patrol grid NULL.

Log:

Název chybující aplikace: sh3.exe, verze: 1.4.0.1, časové razítko: 0x42ae9b3e
Název chybujícího modulu: sh3.exe, verze: 1.4.0.1, časové razítko: 0x42ae9b3e
Kód výjimky: 0xc0000005
Posun chyby: 0x000b95d2
ID chybujícího procesu: 0x32d4
Čas spuštění chybující aplikace: 0x01d5163e686b1e03
Cesta k chybující aplikaci: E:\Hry\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3\sh3.exe

Last edited by plechacenko; 05-29-19 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-30-19, 04:54 AM   #8
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > plechacenko
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

You might find a fix in here?
Post #65 Having A Problem With Silent Hunter 3 > Check This Post Out
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 01:35 PM   #9
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
So after replacing d3d9.dll file I made 10 patrols without crashing and then the same error appears again - no idea what happend and why

I tried to load the last position before crash but no succes - exit to win - Sh3 commander shows next patrol grid NULL.

Log:

Název chybující aplikace: sh3.exe, verze: 1.4.0.1, časové razítko: 0x42ae9b3e
Název chybujícího modulu: sh3.exe, verze: 1.4.0.1, časové razítko: 0x42ae9b3e
Kód výjimky: 0xc0000005
Posun chyby: 0x000b95d2
ID chybujícího procesu: 0x32d4
Čas spuštění chybující aplikace: 0x01d5163e686b1e03
Cesta k chybující aplikaci: E:\Hry\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3\sh3.exe
Why replace d3d9?..please first of all unistall,delete folder SH3 in "documents",check in "steamapp/common" folder, if "silent hunter" folder remains (it's possible)...delete this too.

Before to reinstall..
Which your antivirus?... have you tried to install excluding the antivirus?
You have directX9 installed?

Last edited by hauangua; 05-30-19 at 02:05 PM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 12:17 AM   #10
plechacenko
Swabbie

Hi hauangua,
d3d9 - there was one of the advices I found somewhere (I try to check everything)
before reinstall - sh3 folders completly deleted (documents, common) and restart PC

antivirus - AVG internet security

I don´t understand why I can finish 10 patrols without any problems and then game suddenly crashes
Actually I´ve installed directX9 and keep testing - let you know results

Thanks a lot
plechacenko
Old 06-20-19, 10:05 AM   #11
plechacenko
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Why replace d3d9?..please first of all unistall,delete folder SH3 in "documents",check in "steamapp/common" folder, if "silent hunter" folder remains (it's possible)...delete this too.

Before to reinstall..
Which your antivirus?... have you tried to install excluding the antivirus?
You have directX9 installed?

Hi hauangua,
about 20 missions completed, no CTD or error - I just turned off avg durig the game and all seems to be ok. Perhaps (hopefully:-) that was a reason of crashing. Thanks for your recommandation.

plechac
Old 06-21-19, 07:31 AM   #12
plechacenko
Swabbie

Quote:
Hi hauangua,
about 20 missions completed, no CTD or error - I just turned off avg durig the game and all seems to be ok. Perhaps (hopefully:-) that was a reason of crashing. Thanks for your recommandation.

plechac

Joy was premature - 0xc0000005 again in 21st mission
Old 07-01-19, 12:03 AM   #13
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151

Does the crash happen when you are near the Gibraltar Strait?

For some reason, i have allways had this problem with GWX. Regardless of what mods i use (besides GWX), or if i dont use ANY other mods besides GWX, and it has happened on 3 different PCs...

Everything works fine, i can do X number of patrols without issue. Then all of the sudden, i approach the Gibraltar strait, and a Convoy is there. When i approach that convoy, the game CTDs immediatelly. If i load the game and try to approach it again, CTD again.

Once i managed to get a far glimpse of this convoy and at least one of its ships was on fire!

Im 99.999% sure that (in my case at least), its a GWX issue. Because i dont have this problem with vanilla, LSH or NYGM.

If your case is similar, what i did to go arround this issue, was to avoid that area arround late 1941.
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-19, 08:58 AM   #14
plechacenko
Swabbie

Hi sailor,
it happens not only near Gibraltar. Last time the game crashed when I was just about to contact convoy near the east coast of USa -cause i´m used to save the game very ofen so after CTD I loaded the last position, attacked that convoy and returned to home port without any problems. Before CTD about 30 missions were OK so it´s a little bit confusing - maybe it can be a real gwx issue. Thanks for your reply.
plechacenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
Does the crash happen when you are near the Gibraltar Strait?

For some reason, i have allways had this problem with GWX. Regardless of what mods i use (besides GWX), or if i dont use ANY other mods besides GWX, and it has happened on 3 different PCs...

Everything works fine, i can do X number of patrols without issue. Then all of the sudden, i approach the Gibraltar strait, and a Convoy is there. When i approach that convoy, the game CTDs immediatelly. If i load the game and try to approach it again, CTD again.

Once i managed to get a far glimpse of this convoy and at least one of its ships was on fire!

Im 99.999% sure that (in my case at least), its a GWX issue. Because i dont have this problem with vanilla, LSH or NYGM.

If your case is similar, what i did to go arround this issue, was to avoid that area arround late 1941.