SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-15-13, 03:03 AM   #1
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0
Default Is there anyone to get Silent Hunter Online Beta?

How does it feel?
W_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-13, 03:15 AM   #2
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Beta testers aren't usually allowed to tell you things, for fear of influencing people over the game before it's been fixed and released proper.

They started the beta testing, I believe, with just people in Germany. I don't know if it's moved elsewhere yet.
Old 02-15-13, 07:28 AM   #3
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
Beta testers aren't usually allowed to tell you things, for fear of influencing people over the game before it's been fixed and released proper.
There is no NDA for the current beta. There was already an official press event for European games journalists and keys for the closed-beta has been published in a German gaming print magazine. There are some german beta-previews already in the internet and on but on the whole the game has no much attention in the gaming media world.
Old 02-15-13, 12:00 PM   #4
USS Virginia
Swabbie

Downloads: 42

There is a lot of subjects and posts here:
http://forum.de.silenthunteronline.com/forum.php

The translation with Google Translate is very bad, but you can have a nice idea of the game quality... It seems to be more an arcade game than a classical Silent Hunter game.
USS Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-13, 11:12 PM   #5
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 111
Default Is Silent Hunter Online just to fight with AI?

The fundamental online games should be a battle between people,and
Silent Hunter Online only control submarine,What is the difference, if only to fight to AI this way and P stand-alone version of Silent Hunter。I do not understand how consideration of the developers of Silent Hunter Online。
W_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-13, 06:01 PM   #6
SuneG
Swabbie

Downloads: 299

lets see.. .
SuneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 03:53 PM   #7
Kaleun Cook
Chief

Downloads: 25

Oh, when I got my beta key yesterday I thought you well-known subsimmers had yours since a good while already. Didn't know they started it in the German community only.

I didn't sign any NDA and like Virginia says that forum is readable for everyone so I guess it won't be a big problem to talk about it.

So far it's been pretty alright, but I've only played it twice for maybe 6-8 hours in total.

@w_clear: You can invite friends to form a "Wolfsrudel" and attack convoys in a cooperative way. Did you expect to steer destroyers to hunt for other players?

@Virginia: So far I don't find it more "arcadish" than SH3 with Weapon Officer support.
Kaleun Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 05:25 PM   #8
hitmanuw
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

SHO it's big disapointment from my side.... it's to easy to shink a ship ... no ambient music officers doesnt talk and i think this game will be a pay to win
Old 02-21-13, 05:42 PM   #9
Kaleun Cook
Chief

It's as easy to sink a ship as with WO support in SH3 I'd say. In both games it means to just have the computer calculate the solution and you just wait for the proper AOB and press fire.

But if you want the challenge of manual targetting, there are some threads in the Ubi-Forum explaining how to target completely manually.

I have ambient music playing all the time. There's an option to turn it off - are you sure you have music ticked in the options?
Old 02-22-13, 06:12 AM   #10
hitmanuw
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun Cook View Post
It's as easy to sink a ship as with WO support in SH3 I'd say. In both games it means to just have the computer calculate the solution and you just wait for the proper AOB and press fire.

But if you want the challenge of manual targetting, there are some threads in the Ubi-Forum explaining how to target completely manually.

I have ambient music playing all the time. There's an option to turn it off - are you sure you have music ticked in the options?

ambient music when u are in boot..... when u are in depo or bunker there is but when u are in boot nope only the engine sound.....
Old 02-22-13, 07:19 AM   #11
Kaleun Cook
Chief

There's no music when you are just sailing around. As soon as you get in range of targets, there is music. If you don't like it, why don't you make a thread in those Beta-Forums, that's what you're playing the Beta for. :p
Old 02-26-13, 10:29 PM   #12
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

How anyone could go from SH3/SH4 with mods, to a facebook type of submarine game, is beyond me!
fastfed is offline   Reply With Quote